Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.12.14, 02:32 PM   #31
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by madpawn View Post
Maybe there's a secret last track...

...And first track.

LOLLLLL. this album just got trumped by David Bryne's announcement for Here Lies Love. As much as I love Jihen, his double disc effort is gunna have tracks with Florence Welch, St. Vincent, Nellie McKay, Sia, Santigold, Kate Pierson, Tori Amos, Cyndi Lauper, and a Tori/Cyndi duet, amongst others (its 22-ish tracks).

http://www.davidbyrne.com/here_lies_love/index.php

but still, this jihen track listing is....weird. I'm not so sure how I feel about a song called F.O.U.L blech. The names in this track last remind of a bit of my reaction to Variety's list. Adult had such an antique-like list, it felt mature and refined. Kyouiku was interesting and innovative. I guess time will tell.
Old 2009.12.14, 02:40 PM   #32
madpawn

madpawn pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
LOLLLLL. this album just got trumped by David Bryne's announcement for Here Lies Love. As much as I love Jihen, his double disc effort is gunna have tracks with Florence Welch, St. Vincent, Nellie McKay, Sia, Santigold, Kate Pierson, Tori Amos, Cyndi Lauper, and a Tori/Cyndi duet, amongst others (its 22-ish tracks).

http://www.davidbyrne.com/here_lies_love/index.php
Holy crappppppp! I adore... well, just about all of them. Maaan.
Old 2009.12.14, 03:49 PM   #33
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by D.K.Liu View Post
Unless you read Japanese, I presume you are referring to the pseudo-English song titles.
No, I'm saying about the official Japanese titles.
Old 2009.12.14, 03:53 PM   #34
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

the 2 secret tracks are
1. the sound of ukigumo farting after eating ramen
2. the sound of izawa's skull cracking under the immense force of roses being thrown at him

(...yeah, I can't make a post about TJ w/o sounding like a cock anymore.)
Old 2009.12.14, 04:32 PM   #35
kuro_neko

okay if I had to translate the track list I'd do it like this (no offense meant scribble)

生きる to live ikiru
電波通信 radio transmission denpa tsuushin
シーズンサヨナラ sayonara season shiizon sayonara
勝ち戦 victory kachiikusa
・F.O.U.L
能動的三分間 an active 3min (official=3min) noudoutekisanpunkan
・F.A.I.R
乗り気 eagerness noriki
スイートスポット sweet spot suiito supotto
閃光少女 flashing girl senkou shoujo
極まる the end kiwamaru
ほか全13曲

the last track literally means to reach an extreme, to reach the limit, to reach the end, to be in a dilemma, so I'm almost entirely sure that it wil serve as some dramatic finish to the album. as to the "other two" unannounced tracks, the only way they could fit the symmetry is to stick them inside symmetrically somewhere between, so at the very least I think Ikiru and Kiwamaru are the opening and closing trcks with 3min exactly in the middle.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.12.14 at 04:35 PM.
Old 2009.12.14, 05:29 PM   #36
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

This isn't an ordered tracklist. It's a "planned" list of songs (収録予定楽曲), meaning these are what will be included, but it's not arranged in order (or it might be, but we don't know yet). They released something like this for Seiteki Healing vol. 4 and it changed before the final arrangement.
Old 2009.12.14, 11:12 PM   #37
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
This isn't an ordered tracklist. It's a "planned" list of songs (収録予定楽曲), meaning these are what will be included, but it's not arranged in order (or it might be, but we don't know yet). They released something like this for Seiteki Healing vol. 4 and it changed before the final arrangement.
regardless of order, to fit in symmetry all these pairs are going to have to fit the way it has already been written. As in, Ikiru and Kiwamaru is a pair, denpa tsuushin and senkou shoujo, etc etc, so while the final arrangement might be shuffled around, the linked pairs are going to stay the same more or less. I hadn't noticed that it was written tracks planned to be included, so it definitely could shift around a bit.
Old 2009.12.15, 01:04 AM   #38
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Beaver = The End...LOL.

I'm also a huge fan of Talking Heads and David Byrne, so that is great news...and lol @ the collaborators. I bet all those female musicians share the same fanbase.

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
Some intro/outro sports-like sounds?

With ringo's talk about avoiding bad blood, my lotto picks of the song tally are an almost even Rin (3) Uki (3) Iza (3) Kam (2)

So no second single now that the album is revealed. gonna be a long wait.
Ugh, that's probably true. But from kuro's summaries, I get the impression that she did Variety just to placate Uki and Izawa, and now that's done, she can step up to the plate again (Hur hur hur). And if she was tired of the Variety music as soon as Spa and Treatment finished, then doing another Variety would surely mean the same thing would happen...

And where's this DRAMATIC GROWTH gonna come in I wonder. I thought they would do music: Tokyo Jihen arrangement: Tokyo Jihen this time

If Ringo indeed does three tracks, then I bet it's 'To Live' (Sounds like a Ringo title), 3min, and The End.

I can't believe it -- it's a Ringo concept album! Am I optimistic? No. But I'm still very much looking forward to it.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.12.15 at 01:15 AM.
Old 2009.12.15, 03:45 AM   #39
kuro_neko

F.O.U.L and F.A.I.R both reek of something Izawa would write. I'm okay with non-ringo compositions, but non-ringo lyrics for jihen have generally been meeeeeeeh. they better stand for something awesome.

liiiike

fuck off u loser

fun and into reading
Old 2009.12.15, 09:18 AM   #40
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Fuck off g-men
Fuck off and die

(You're okay with non-Ringo compositions, kuro neko? As much as I like Izawa, Ringo writing is the factor that decides whether this album is actually great or not. Ringo's not perfect, obviously, but I doubt that I'll ever be blown away by an Uki song. Unless this is where he STEPS HIS SHIT UP)

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.12.15 at 09:31 AM.
Closed Thread