Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.12.02, 07:09 PM   #31
Ladymercury

Ladymercury pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
Conclusion- Don't try to convert anyone to SR. Keep all that Shiina goodness to yourself. Makes her even more special.
LOL, lovely way of putting it.
Ladymercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.02, 08:11 PM   #32
Positron

Positron has had more than 15 seconds of fame

The only full conversion I could make was my best friend, and that was because he is a huge fan of the Beatles and I had him listen to her cover of "Yer Blues".

A half-convert for one of my college buddies who likes Tokyo Jihen, at least. Shiina Ringo solo he's still iffy on (to be fair, he only sampled KZK, which can catch anyone off guard), but at least he understands the appeal.

The best I can do is get most of my friends to not mind when an SR/TJ song comes on in the lounge every now and then. >_>;
Positron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.04, 01:28 PM   #33
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by vertigoblack View Post
ha ha. I was one of those MTV chasing, pop ppl. Used to turn on the radio everyday and hear the same old Sean Kingston, Rihanna and MCR being belched out by the hour until i was sick of it.
Used to? Look at those names... aren't you referring to... today?
Old 2007.12.05, 03:31 AM   #34
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

MCR gets a lot of radio play?? I don't ever listen to music on the radio, so I wouldn't know. I was a bit surprised when my brothers told me they had seen a couple of their videos on MTV, but I didn't know about radio.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.05, 08:39 PM   #35
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

hm.... unfortunately..

many things i can agree with

shiina =

1.many gay boy fans "raises hand"

2. voice is definetly an aquired listen.

3.people think her voice is a lil on the squeaks side.

4. you have to be at a certain music to development.. to listen to her

5. my Best friend hates it when I sing Shiina songs... only song he likes is . "Ringo no Uta." hehe. fun

6. most people are not just sophisticated enough musically to except her talent or TJ for that matter.... She is music from a different perspective.

Tsumi to batsu was the first song i had heard from shiina and the 1st time i heard it.. I turned it off soo quick.. but the second time around... (introduced by a gay boy) , it was.. soooo appealing.. she sounds like a spanish singer i used to love when younger.. and the hair and all looked just like her... its really wierd...
makenshiww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.05, 09:03 PM   #36
alleon86

alleon86 is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by makenshiww View Post
hm.... unfortunately..

many things i can agree with

shiina =

1.many gay boy fans "raises hand"

2. voice is definetly an aquired listen.

3.people think her voice is a lil on the squeaks side.

4. you have to be at a certain music to development.. to listen to her

5. my Best friend hates it when I sing Shiina songs... only song he likes is . "Ringo no Uta." hehe. fun

6. most people are not just sophisticated enough musically to except her talent or TJ for that matter.... She is music from a different perspective.

Tsumi to batsu was the first song i had heard from shiina and the 1st time i heard it.. I turned it off soo quick.. but the second time around... (introduced by a gay boy) , it was.. soooo appealing.. she sounds like a spanish singer i used to love when younger.. and the hair and all looked just like her... its really wierd...
im not gay... but i have to agree with that point
alleon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.06, 09:57 PM   #37
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I just found out that my boyfriend's roommate is a big SR/TJ fan and he's gay. So, another piece of evidence. Not that anyone doubted it though. XD
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.07, 06:33 AM   #38
teattum

teattum has had more than 15 seconds of fame

what's the sitch about gay people? (damn, I am gay, anyway we don't care)

if not, I have already tested many people, but, either they hate her voice, or they don't like her style, or again, they don't want to know more about her because it's is japanese, therefor they can't understand what's she is singing: so bad opinion ("poor mor*n, when an artist sings in english, you won't to search what he is singing ")

Just onebody really likes her, but, with time wich passes, i lost this person from my eyes since many months (and in any case, today, i don't care what she become, but here, it's not the question)

It's just, i used to make people listen to songs whiches are agreeing to their style (er..., i'm not sure there is correct grammaticaly speaking), but, as soon as they listen a song wich is not her style, them just lefts her. (and me to think "pffff" and rolls my eyes)
teattum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.07, 09:45 PM   #39
imagoth2004

imagoth2004 pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by teattum View Post
what's the sitch about gay people? (damn, I am gay, anyway we don't care)

if not, I have already tested many people, but, either they hate her voice, or they don't like her style, or again, they don't want to know more about her because it's is japanese, therefor they can't understand what's she is singing: so bad opinion ("poor mor*n, when an artist sings in english, you won't to search what he is singing ")

LOL I agree with this. I was able to fully convert most of my friends except for 2 of them which I only know from chatting online. I find it pretty easy to convert them though because I know what they like or dislike...

If you know me then you know that I'm a music nazi and like to share my stuff constantly, or if I have the chance play my stuff until you like it. Which is probably not a good thing, but whatever.

One thing I noticed about any Japanese band, or group, or whatever... Is that since Japanese is the "big thing" with consumers now to get more people to buy their products that other big groups of people will like it. Example I've noticed. Us gay guys LOVE japanese groups. Look at Ayumi Hamasaki... She's like the Madonna of gay japanese males. LOL. But all I did was find what kind of music style my friends were interested in, and send them something out of one of SR's songs that was close to it, and then slowly let them listen to other stuff, and they even say that her stuff is much better than the other crap they listen to.

However, the other two I'm still working on. I WILL GET THEM TO SEE MY WAYS! *cackles evilly*

http://yaoi.y-gallery.net/user/imagoth2004/ (yeah... 18 or older YO!)
imagoth2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.07, 10:44 PM   #40
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

^ Yeah, I think song selection is very important. I'm always afraid of showing someone a song that might be a bad representation of the band, but if I really like it, its hard not to show it to them either @_@.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote