Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.02.07, 11:18 AM   #41
merman

merman is an asset to this community

That'd actually make it a must have
Old 2009.02.08, 11:40 PM   #42
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

I think I should tell you guys that the Marunouchi Sadistic in the Ringo EXPO 08 (Endroll) has some Hip Hop elements in it..
Old 2009.02.09, 04:29 PM   #43
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post
I think I should tell you guys that the Marunouchi Sadistic in the Ringo EXPO 08 (Endroll) has some Hip Hop elements in it..

Open invitation for Uki to put his gold chains back on.

R U Rrready for mad dope rhymes?

Hip hop and dance is universally the new face of pop music.

Last edited by ShadyNook : 2009.02.09 at 04:36 PM.
Old 2009.02.10, 02:41 AM   #44
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Jokes aside, I can actually imagine Marunouchi being hip hop-infused and sounding good... so I'm quite curious now
Old 2009.02.10, 06:43 AM   #45
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

The Marunouchi endroll was awesome, but I wouldn't say it was much more hip-hop than the Phase 2 version everybody else has already heard.
Old 2009.02.10, 02:17 PM   #46
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

yeahh black people music. SR is returning to her roots! Right now I have no expectations. I just want a good laugh.
Old 2009.02.11, 06:18 AM   #47
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
yeahh black people music. SR is returning to her roots! Right now I have no expectations. I just want a good laugh.
Shiina Ringo is the last Japanese artist I expected to laugh at.

This whole 'urban' slant on Tokyo Jihen is part Ringo and part Ukigumo, I believe, who thinks that Motown is one of his musical influences.
Old 2009.02.11, 08:30 AM   #48
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Actually, it started with Hirama and HZM. After winning some award for Gunjou Biyori/Kyouiku, SR and Hirama joked that their next direction would be hip-hop. Since then both artists have had some influence from hip-hop in their songs.
Old 2009.02.11, 08:38 AM   #49
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I don't think there is anything wrong with Shiina potentially introducing some dope beats into the mix!! just as long as they don't adopt a gangsta look to go with it (cause that would be utterly lame) though a gold chain or two would be OK.
Old 2009.02.11, 08:46 AM   #50
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Actually, it started with Hirama and HZM. After winning some award for Gunjou Biyori/Kyouiku, SR and Hirama joked that their next direction would be hip-hop. Since then both artists have had some influence from hip-hop in their songs.
If more 'hip-hop' from Hirama and HZM meant more Kokoro, then TJ could knock themselves out with the 'hip-hop influence!' (Hip-hop being used in the 'Hip-Pop' RnB sense. IIRC, genuine Shiina Ringo hip-hop would be full out rap)

Torikoshikurou and Kokoro = Good.

I do like the new MaruSad, though.

I always found it cool/badass when Shiina Ringo played with genres like that in Stoicism, Toshikoshi, etc. Now it's slightly embarrassing.

Back on topic, maybe the Shiina Ringo portion in the Maboroshi song won't be in the cheesy, singing-in-the-chorus-between-rap way ("Oh baby you cheated on me, oh oh ohyayayeeeah"), but in a Stoicism sense?

P.S. I probably wouldn't have found an mflo loves Shiina Ringo disheartening. Is she the only female artist they haven't collaborated with? lol

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.02.11 at 08:52 AM.
Closed Thread