Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.04.17, 04:37 AM   #41
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake View Post
That picture would be stunning without that stupid necklace, though.
1000000000% agree.
Old 2009.04.17, 04:51 AM   #42
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I'm kinda pissed that Karisome Otome (DEATH JAZZ ver.) is included.

When it first sprang into public existence, the only way to get it in high digital quality and do whatever you wanted with it, was to win one of the pre-release promo CDs (there's a few dozen of them in existence), because iTunes Japan with their DRMed AAC was the only alternative.

So almost half a year later, the deluxe versions of HF come out. You've got an analog LP, and a DVD with high-definition audio that most software (and people) don't know what to do with. And you've got e-Onkyo with their DRM most people don't have the right OS and WMP version to break.

Fast forward to two more years later, and the average person will now finally be able to have this track in no-bullshit 44.1kHz/16bit PCM for their CD player, or use basic CD-ripping software to produce whatever they want from that. Some people who really like this track are going to be reacting with "FINALLY!", but this release feels like a slap on the face to people like me who have been running through the obstacle courses all this time. Why should anyone else have it easy after I've been overcoming the challenges all this time? I know that's really elitist, but I'm just venting my honest frustrations here.
Old 2009.04.17, 05:39 AM   #43
merman

merman is an asset to this community

I find it really sad how many people write the album off. I'm not expecting a life-changing experience but I'm sure not expecting total trash, and I'm tired of everyone blowing how "bad" her recent releases are out of proportion.
First everyone wants a solo Ringo album, then everyone bitches about Ariamaru Tomi as an average j-drama track, then when it's NOT included on the album there are other reasons to trash it even before anyone's heard any of the new material - I'm not counting Yokyou as entirely new but I LOVE that song. Do you guys really want her to go solo again?
BTW, I love the track titles.
And as for the b-side, since "Superficial Gossip" (maybe) could be considered a translation of "Sanmon Gossip" - CDJapan surely considers it as such then maybe it's going to serve as some sort of sneak peek of the album? I'm hoping for a Ringo Catalog-esque remix of the album but that's probably taking it too far.

Last edited by merman : 2009.04.17 at 05:50 AM.
Old 2009.04.17, 05:51 AM   #44
clowezra

clowezra is headed in the right direction

Sounds brilliant so far. I'm quite excited about the PVs, too.<3
Old 2009.04.17, 05:55 AM   #45
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by merman View Post
And as for the b-side, since "Superficial Gossip" (maybe) could be considered a translation of "Sanmon Gossip" - CDJapan surely considers it as such then maybe it's going to serve as some sort of sneak peek of the album? I'm hoping for a Ringo Catalog-esque remix of the album but that's probably taking it too far.
Yes, that makes sense and I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out so.
The problem with the album title being Superficial Gossip instead of Sanmon Gossip is that it reminds me of the Otona=Adult and Goraku=Variety thing, whereas it being Sanmon Gossip reminded me of Muzai Moratorium and Shouso Strip (frecklegirl already mentioned this).

Also, CDJapan mentions, in the description found in the japanese page, that it is Karisome Otome (DEATH JAZZ ver.). Why they didn't put it in the tracklist as well is a mystery.

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2009.04.17 at 06:01 AM.
Old 2009.04.17, 06:03 AM   #46
merman

merman is an asset to this community

"Sanmon Gossip" makes more sense because it's, as Frecklegirl has already pointed out, a "two kanji + katakana" title like her first two. So it makes sense that'd be the official title as it's her solo album, a "comeback" as they're presenting it (which was the case with HF as well and now you get a statement like "OK guys THIS time it's the real comeback" but whatever)
Was the "Superficial Gossip" title anywhere else aside from CDJapan?
That, and expecting a certain quality of the material from the title is a bit much - just wait and see, the wait's not going to be long
Old 2009.04.17, 06:12 AM   #47
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Originally Posted by merman View Post
"Sanmon Gossip" makes more sense because it's, as Frecklegirl has already pointed out, a "two kanji + katakana" title like her first two.
Woah, thank you for repeating what I just said but with different words. You're so kind.

I don't know why CDJapan "translated" the album title, but if it is in fact the real title, it's going to follow the TJ tradition and not the Solo Ringo tradition.
We have to wait for Kronekodow.

Also, I'm not sure who you're pointing your finger to, but I'm not "writing the album off".
Old 2009.04.17, 06:26 AM   #48
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Woah, thank you for repeating what I just said but with different words. You're so kind.

I don't know why CDJapan "translated" the album title, but if it is in fact the real title, it's going to follow the TJ tradition and not the Solo Ringo tradition.
We have to wait for Kronekodow.

Also, I'm not sure who you're pointing your finger to, but I'm not "writing the album off".
Kronekodow already posted the album title, and you can only read "Sanmon Gossip" there so we can be (even) happier *_*!
Old 2009.04.17, 06:48 AM   #49
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Kronekodow already posted the album title, and you can only read "Sanmon Gossip" there so we can be (even) happier *_*!
Oh, forget it.
I only noticed now that they use 大人 (Otona) and 娯楽 (Variety) in the Tokyo Jihen discography page. So it won't help us to wait till they put SG in the Shiina Ringo discography page. I guessss... we'll have to wait for the cover art.
Old 2009.04.17, 07:36 AM   #50
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Ugh. Karisome Otome DEATH JAZZ dirtied up that track listing. Any chance of her Yattsuke Shigoting it up for the Sanmon Gossip version?

I like saying Sanmon Gossip.

Now I can say MM, SS, KSK AND SG
Closed Thread