Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.04.30, 12:37 PM   #11
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Coincidentally I had already pre-ordered this a few weeks ago, only knowing about Hiyori-Hime at the time.

So I guess there's no point in buying the single if you don't like any of PUFFY's recent music that wasn't composed by Shiina Ringo. You buy the album and you get two songs instead of one, and apparently neither of the bonus DVDs have PVs on them.
Old 2009.04.30, 12:38 PM   #12
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Puffy isn't on iTunes, as the record labels in Japan generally use other digital vendors that are still DRM-based.
Old 2009.04.30, 06:01 PM   #13
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

No cover art has been released yet, right?
Old 2009.04.30, 06:29 PM   #14
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

f***!

Now I regret buying the single. I wish the puffy staff announced this earlier. could have used the $14 I spent on the single on the album instead.

poop!
Old 2009.04.30, 08:29 PM   #15
papilionidae

papilionidae deserves a fucking medal

no. at least no any relevant image on puffy's official site and amazone jp.

one of my friend, a very hardcore ringo fan, got annoyed as well. maybe every ringo fan feels the same if you are actually not interested in puffy but had bought Hiyori Hime because of ringo - the album brings only one thing to you: wasting money.
well i didn't notice the marketing things at first sight, and i was quite excited cos i'm a ringo fan and also puffy fan :p more important, i don't have Hiyori Hime ;p but it's indeed very irritative to sell the same thing for twice. so at first sight i said "Bring Me More!", and now i'll add on "...NEW stuff..."

perhapes we should start to worry about the next XD
"don't you tell me ringo will contribute to TOKIO's next album...for one track" says my friend.

trivial thing:
guys i really feel so shy about your response :$ i just happen to see the news yesterday.
and just shorten my id into papi or papilio if it bothers - im now very regret that i use this full verbose name...
Old 2009.04.30, 10:16 PM   #16
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

eeeeeeeeeeeeh paaaapiiiiiiiiii ;;throws up hand;;

I'm glad I'm not the only one who got penetrated in the sphincter on this one. that is 14 bucks that could have been put towards the album yeah. They totally knew what they were doing marketing it this way, those bastards.
Old 2009.05.01, 01:52 AM   #17
papilionidae

papilionidae deserves a fucking medal

throws up XD
haha neko you're cute.

puffy has their own fandom. advertising their new album with "Shiina Ringo" won't bring any drawback for them - puffy fans will certainly buy the album, and the company get extra money from ringo fans (= us ). so why not? the company surely wins (and we will be the only loser...)

i mean, maybe Ringo doesnt take responsibilities for these marketing plans cos they don't belong to the same company - but she has other things to be blamed for ;p

how do you think about her contributes?

my opion is: she always performes better than the person she contributes to, eg. Nippon ni umarete in Zazen. Ringo definitely sang into my soul, while Tomosaka version only reached my.... nail. Shoujo Robot and ikenai ko are about the same. this means, Ringo is not a competent producer, she writes stuffs that only suit herself.

i've read a post somewhere in this forum saying that in Variety Ringo acts as a producer rather than a rock singer (if i mistake anything, please correct me i don't want to be rude). and that's how i judge her contributes and Variety - she did it, and she did it badly.

Hiyori Hime is fine because puffy sings well. and Tomosaka Rie is just OK in singing, she's not that bad though...but anyway, i hope Ringo can concentrate on her own music career, not littering her pieces all around.
Old 2009.05.01, 08:45 AM   #18
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

NEWSFLASH!!
If you are a Shiina fan, you do not have to buy this album! More as this develops.

Old 2009.05.01, 08:48 AM   #19
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
NEWSFLASH!!
If you are a Shiina fan, you do not have to buy this album! More as this develops.

Are you saying this in the rationale that no Ringo-composed PUFFY tracks should ever be bought by hardcore Shiina Ringo fans who aren't hardcore PUFFY fans, or do you have a flipped understanding on if the album is more or less important than the single?
Old 2009.05.01, 08:52 AM   #20
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

if she's planning on doing this hired songwriter thing often then she needs to learn how to write stuff that's suitable for that artist's abilities and style. The TOKIO/PUFFY collabs failed partly because the singers couldn't really pull off the vocals. Tomosaka Rie is probably the least accomplished singer out of the bunch so I'm expecting major fail there too.
Closed Thread