Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.05.01, 02:16 PM   #31
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

oh no, trust me, I want to buy this. I want continue to buy ringo-penned tracks and keep my collection up to date. What I don't really care about are the 12 other songs in the mix. If they had this track as a b-side on the single, such as with Amagasa, and not on the album, more people would have justified buying that. putting it on the album is going to lure people to buy the album, I get that, but with no indication of an impending album even on the horizon, people are just going to go for the single. if there was any sort of indication of any kind ringo was doing more than just one track, it would have been enough to hold out for. and ringo's people haven't even commented on any of this yet. the company obviously marketed this to up single AND album sales, which is completely natural, but doing so at the sake of the loyal fans kind of makes me want to avoid PUFFY like the plague.

edit: and it looks like they did the same thing with Avril Lavigne. When marketing companies resort to using techniques like this to move units, it just makes me not want to give them my money and it doesn't bode well for final results.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.05.01 at 02:21 PM.
Old 2009.05.01, 02:20 PM   #32
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Here's how you cut your losses:

Don't buy any of PUFFY's limited editions. They don't have anything extra to offer you as a Shiina Ringo fan. They have flawlessly performed-&-recorded concerts of nothing but horrible nonRingo songs.
Old 2009.05.01, 02:29 PM   #33
kuro_neko

mmm yeah, no special editions. I have the regular hime hiyori and I actually like the second b-side, toki doki. if I just tack this onto sanmon gossip and tori dori I won't have to pay for the extra shipping. but seriously, a digital vendor would be SWEET right about now.
Old 2009.05.01, 06:50 PM   #34
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

you know what being a collector will get you in the end?

A. AIDS
B. A Neeeeeeeewwwwwww car
C. absolutely nothing
D. a feeling of satisfaction and completeness

take a guess, I dare you.
Old 2009.05.01, 08:55 PM   #35
kuro_neko

no, you know what it will get me? a complete collection of works so when the zombie apocalypse happens and/or the computers and machines revolt, I'm not depending on some other chump's hard work to deliver me my stolen/shared music.
Old 2009.05.02, 01:21 AM   #36
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

i'm not a collector. I wanted to hear all of her offered tracks at the least cost possible.

I never resort to piracy, if thats whats being suggested. i'll give puffy some money, but not THAT much.

but at this point i have no choice but to end up spending $50 total to hear 2 ringo tracks instead of $32 since the single has little to no resale value since its puffy.

man, i'm glad tokio didnt pull an underhanded stunt like that with their album.
Old 2009.05.02, 02:04 AM   #37
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Don't they release overseas editions? Might be a better purchase, if you don't want to waste too much money.
Old 2009.05.02, 03:02 AM   #38
kuro_neko

I don't believe their overseas stuff is up to date. I checked and I think their most recent overseas album release was a cd that was released in japan over three years ago.
Old 2009.05.02, 04:01 AM   #39
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by lazer85 View Post
you know what being a collector will get you in the end?

A. AIDS
B. A Neeeeeeeewwwwwww car
C. absolutely nothing
D. a feeling of satisfaction and completeness

take a guess, I dare you.
You know what being a leecher gets you?

01. Low quality music
02. Shitty tags with the wrong Kanji/Romaji
03. Low res cover art Jpegs
04. no options for having the music in specific Lossless formats in the future

Take a guess oops! you don't have to because it's all 4
Old 2009.05.02, 04:31 AM   #40
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
You know what being a leecher gets you?

01. Low quality music
02. Shitty tags with the wrong Kanji/Romaji
03. Low res cover art Jpegs
04. no options for having the music in specific Lossless formats in the future

Take a guess oops! you don't have to because it's all 4
I understand "collector" in the sense that if an album has for example a CD, limited edition CD and vinyl release you buy all three, although probably only one is going to get played at some point.
I try and buy all of the albums from my favorite artists - Ringo included - but in no way I see myself as a collector, just as a regular consumer/buyer.
Now I DON'T criticize collectors - although I probably wouldn't be one even if the two critical factors weren't lacking as they do now - space and money
Closed Thread