Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.06.16, 10:46 PM   #21
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
That has been true a much larger percentage of the time with Tokyo Jihen. The KSK LP's release was only adjacent to Baishou Ecstasy, whose only PV was a locked-up incomplete version of Ichijiku no Hana. Then there was Heisei Fuuzoku, which is not the most typical example of precedent when you consider that there are 6 different releases for that album.

While a Sanmon Gossip LP wouldn't surprise me at all, I could see one still getting released even if there weren't a DVD.
how was ichijiku no hana on the BX dvd incomplete? and what are the six HF versions? I count the LP, the DVD, limited edition, and regular edition....
Old 2009.06.16, 11:11 PM   #22
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
how was ichijiku no hana on the BX dvd incomplete? and what are the six HF versions? I count the LP, the DVD, limited edition, and regular edition....
The audio is complete, but not the video. So the audio just continues on, with or without any visuals.

There's the e-Onkyo 96kHz/24bit without crossfading, and the instrumentals. They're different enough from the DVD (with its crossfading) to qualify as "different" releases.
Old 2009.06.17, 06:02 AM   #23
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
You didn't like Adult Video, Jihad? Or are you just ughing for the sake of ughing?
It was a rip-off. 3 legit videos, and 2-3 super cheap "we recorded these in one afternoon" videos which is the vibe I'm getting is gonna happen here.
Old 2009.06.17, 07:44 AM   #24
Narimiya

Narimiya is headed in the right direction

I wonder why she did not use the old Kanji for 四 like she did for the first 3 collections?
It should be 其ノ
Old 2009.06.17, 08:38 AM   #25
papilionidae

papilionidae deserves a fucking medal

she loses her urge in crazy kanjis. you can see from her recent lyrics...
Old 2009.06.17, 11:15 AM   #26
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Narimiya View Post
I wonder why she did not use the old Kanji for 四 like she did for the first 3 collections?
It should be 其ノ
Huh... you're right. Well, I bet lots of Japanese fans are going to point that out for sure, so they might end up changing it.
Old 2009.06.17, 12:13 PM   #27
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

So HMV Japan just announced the availability of a 2500yen LP. That's too cheap to be anywhere near the entire Sanmon Gossip album, so I think the tracklist will be restricted to whatever is on the DVD, like Adult Video Soundtrack. Ugh.

I'm going to blame the shortened tracklist on SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONS. If Karisome Otome (DEATH JAZZ ver.) wasn't already tacked onto the end of the Heisei Fuuzoku LP, then there wouldn't be any redundancy with giving us an LP of the full Sanmon Gossip tracklist.
Old 2009.06.17, 02:45 PM   #28
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Narimiya View Post
It should be 其ノ
look here

english wiki entry, look under "Daiji" near bottom edit: I mean "Formal Numbers"

all the numbers had old pure kanji to be used in legal documents and important papers, on money and such, but nowadays they don't really use all of them. in that wiki there is a chart listing them all. it says underneath that in Modern Japan only 1, 2, 3, and 10 are listed as being established and in use by law.

I thought this too when I first saw the name but then I considered why she would be using the old character in the first place.

the reason why 1, 2, 3 have old characters is because they look like this

一 二 三

can you imagine using those on money and in legal documents? It is too easy to alter, etc, so they used older very complex characters to make it more standard and failsafe. Characters for other numbers, however, aren't as similar. 4 and 5, for example, don't look any other number so the precautions to take with them aren't the same as with 1, 2, and 3.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.06.17 at 02:48 PM.
Old 2009.06.17, 03:56 PM   #29
Narimiya

Narimiya is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
look here

english wiki entry, look under "Daiji" near bottom edit: I mean "Formal Numbers"

all the numbers had old pure kanji to be used in legal documents and important papers, on money and such, but nowadays they don't really use all of them. in that wiki there is a chart listing them all. it says underneath that in Modern Japan only 1, 2, 3, and 10 are listed as being established and in use by law.

I thought this too when I first saw the name but then I considered why she would be using the old character in the first place.

the reason why 1, 2, 3 have old characters is because they look like this

一 二 三

can you imagine using those on money and in legal documents? It is too easy to alter, etc, so they used older very complex characters to make it more standard and failsafe. Characters for other numbers, however, aren't as similar. 4 and 5, for example, don't look any other number so the precautions to take with them aren't the same as with 1, 2, and 3.
Oh, I see. Thanks for the information
So, we have to wait for Seiteki Healing ~ sono juu~ to see the old Kanji again
Old 2009.06.17, 04:42 PM   #30
kuro_neko

yuuuuuuuuuuup

unless we get, like freckle girl said, an UM Sono Ni, which would be awesome. that would make me excited, another ringo cover album. her covers are usually awesome. as long as she covered UFO this time around and skipped over Misty and You.
Closed Thread