Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2013.01.02, 07:50 PM   #481
SoulExperience

SoulExperience is an asset to this community

Django Unchained was fucking awesome. Tarantino, Foxx, Washington, Dicaprio, and Waltz really did a great job. Soundtrack is cool too.
DJANGOOOOOOOO
SoulExperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.01.07, 02:12 AM   #482
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by SoulExperience View Post
Django Unchained was fucking awesome. Tarantino, Foxx, Washington, Dicaprio, and Waltz really did a great job. Soundtrack is cool too.
DJANGOOOOOOOO
Still trying to catch my breath!!!

Now THAT is a goddamn exciting beast of a movie!
Old 2013.01.09, 03:40 PM   #483
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I have to wait until next week to see it here in the UK. And until February to see Wreck-It Ralph
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.01.13, 06:38 AM   #484
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

just looked it up, March 1 for Japan!! That's bullshit...
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.01.13, 10:12 AM   #485
laceychu

laceychu pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
just looked it up, March 1 for Japan!! That's bullshit...
It's worth the wait!
laceychu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.01.15, 12:23 PM   #486
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Why do most Japanese movies look so cheap? It looks like they tend to shoot on video, but then they don't do an post-prod "filmising/digitzing" so it looks really cheap. Can they not afford film/digital cameras? Considering even some TV movies, like Lifetime, are shooting on film I have no idea why big-budget Japanese movies don't. Not only that, but their CGI looks very unconvincing.

Sakuran, The Magic Hour etc., the cinematography looks amazing but there is no way it was shot on film/digital. Can't somebody give Japanese film studios a nice RED digital camera?
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.01.15, 02:36 PM   #487
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Japanese cinema has totally different rules. Deal with that and you can appreciate it a whole lot more.
Old 2013.01.15, 07:08 PM   #488
TurtleFu

I can deal with the overacting and semi-nonsensical plots, it's just the budgets that bother me.

21st Century Boys was supposed to be this epic trilogy, but when I watched it, I thought I was watching a TV series it was so low budget.
Old 2013.01.15, 07:45 PM   #489
deadgrandma

So? That's a manga adaptation... I notice a lot of films that are live action anime/manga have that weird look about them. 21st Century Boys was pretty good... at least the second part I reckon. Just ignore the stupid CGI. I don't think a movie like that is supposed to be high art or anything either.

And you can't say older movies like Ran or newer films such as Kotoko look cheap... it really depends on what you're watching. 21st Century Boys etc are essentially movies for teenagers, so I don't think cinematography was their first concern.
Old 2013.01.15, 07:55 PM   #490
TurtleFu

I point out 21st Century Boys because they are supposedly the most expensive films to ever come out of Japanese cinema.

Departures was a really good movie, it even won an Oscar. But again, it looks like it was shot on video, and therefore the whole thing looks cheap/dated.

Films from every other country shoot either digital or film. Hell, no-budget indies use film!