Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.04.24, 10:54 AM   #281
bucklemyshoe

bucklemyshoe pleased at least somebody

Just got an email from PA saying it's up for pre-order

June 24 is a few weeks after my birthday, so definitely going to get a late present!
Old 2009.04.24, 02:16 PM   #282
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Oh, yeah, this is totally different from Phase II stuff where we had katakana ruby text over the kanji. I'm glad the "official" translation is Cheap Gossip as well. Suck on that, Cdjapan!

And yeah, Goraku means "Amusement" or "Pleasure" literally.
Old 2009.04.24, 08:28 PM   #283
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Ah! Expo Marunouchi!? Well I guess the worst case scenario is I get one amazingg remake and a bunch of half assed ringo which is still probably better than average music. The only thing bad about that is the realization that she's way passed her prime which I've been preparing myself for since seeing Heiseis tracklisting.

For a worst case scenario this isn't bad. Just can't get my hopes up.

EDIT: Oh and if things go wrong, I can still hope that either Patrick Wolf or RX Bandits new albums will be as quality as the clips I've heard from them. If any of you listen to BOTH of them or even KNOW of both of them we need to talk.

Last edited by lazer85 : 2009.04.24 at 08:36 PM.
Old 2009.04.24, 09:28 PM   #284
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Read carefully:

You claimed no one said that the album title was Superficial Gossip, and I just wanted to point out where that rumour came from. It wasn't something that papilionidae invented.
I wasn't referring to Papiliondae. I was referring to VENDORS and OFFICIAL SOURCES, aka major sellers such as Tower Records, Amazon, and of course, official sites such as EMI, Kronekodow, and Ringohan.

Papiliondae, don't apologize. You have been a great contributor to the forums and I really appreciate all the posts you've made. I was commenting *only relating* to Shinji, not you, so please don't apologize.

Shinji, stop being anal. You've been pissy in like four different threads and now your pulling in another newer member who might get scared off, not cool.

I'll make it crystal clear, again, however not using bold and large font.

When I talk about official sources, I mean official sources, NOT EMF members. I don't care where you get your information, I don't treat info as legit until I see it with my own eyes from a proper source. Therefore, no one was meant in relation to cdjapan listing the title alone, not tower, not amazon, not hmv, no kronekodow. It has nothing to do with anyone here at EMF.

back on topic:

now that we know the official English translation is Cheap Gossip, what do we think this means for the b-side? I'm thinking this might be an indication that while it is related, it does not serve as anything more than a precursor to the album.

about Patrick Wolfe, I saw the cover of his cd when working at Borders like two years ago, The Magic Position, and lol'ed for about five minutes straight. SOOOO GAAAYYYYY. I haven't really discovered his music at all, although I saw the video for his newest single, I forgot what it is called, Vulture I think? The one with him rolling around in a jock strap. It was interesting.
Old 2009.04.24, 11:08 PM   #285
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

So much anger once again XD I can't for more news on the album, like what song will be getting a video (unless that's been stated already, then I'm way out of the loop as usual).

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
about Patrick Wolfe, I saw the cover of his cd when working at Borders like two years ago, The Magic Position, and lol'ed for about five minutes straight. SOOOO GAAAYYYYY. I haven't really discovered his music at all, although I saw the video for his newest single, I forgot what it is called, Vulture I think? The one with him rolling around in a jock strap. It was interesting.
XD youtube "Tristan" by him
Old 2009.04.24, 11:17 PM   #286
kuro_neko

as far as we know, there won't really be a video for this album. technically, there is no lead single. Ariamaru Tomi would be considered the lead single since it is going to aid in the promotion of the album, but both a-side and b-side are not included, and I don't think there will be an official Ariamaru PV clip. The album itself isn't going to get another single until after its release, if even (KSK only had one single, Stem, released before the album dropped. Usually singles are released before the album by Japanese industry standards. It is a bit unusual to release an album and then a single from the album). Futaribocchi Jikan, which will be on the album, is getting its own little Minna no Uta video, but it won't be an actual Ringo PV. So with the way it is looking, this album isn't going to get any real PVs.

Which probably makes me think Ringo will do what she did with Adult and film some footage to release for a DVD release, of video clips or other footage, etc. Usually each era gets singles, an album, a DVD of PV clips, and a Tour DVD. I am not entirely sure we will see Ringo tour for this album since she did Expo, but I think we will probably get some other kind of release, probably a vinyl and a DVD.

edit: watched Tristan. Iunno, I just can't get into him. I'm usually very picky about my male musicians, don't ask me why, I tend to go for the women, but I just find his entire aesthetic very pretentious. Unlike artists like Bjork, Tori, Ringo, and YUKI, who seem just so natural, his aesthetic just feels more like ooh I'm so artistic and fresh, iunno. not my cup of tea, I keep giving it a try because I keep running into his music and people who support it, but I guess maybe it just wasn't meant for me to understand.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.04.24 at 11:23 PM.
Old 2009.04.24, 11:21 PM   #287
whitetap

whitetap is headed in the right direction

as far as we know, there won't really be a video for this album. technically, there is no lead single. Ariamaru Tomi would be considered the lead single since it is going to aid in the promotion of the album, but both a-side and b-side are not included, and I don't think there will be an official Ariamaru PV clip. The album itself isn't going to get another single until after its release, if even (KSK only had one single, Stem, released before the album dropped. Usually singles are released before the album by Japanese industry standards. It is a bit unusual to release an album and then a single from the album). Futaribocchi Jikan, which will be on the album, is getting its own little Minna no Uta video, but it won't be an actual Ringo PV. So with the way it is looking, this album isn't going to get any real PVs.
But then Shiina is/was the type that released videos even for Sigma and obscure album tracks & bonus tracks? I won't make/kill any speculation about videos yet (waits for 'music industry ain't what it was 5 years ago' arguments)
Old 2009.04.24, 11:27 PM   #288
kuro_neko

videos like tsumiki asobi and sigma, plus like the little fun stuff like joke commercials for gilette and such, were stuff that were done for the dvds to get people to buy them. usually when they gather up the PVs into a DVD they film an extra clip to get people to buy it. Since there literally seems to be no clips for this album (yet) I'm thinking that Ringo will shoot some sort of DVD footage specifically for a seperate DVD release, like they did with a few tracks from Adult for that DVD (at the time the only clips were shuraba and kenka joutou, so they filmed another three, himitsu, koi ha maboroshi, and tasogare naki for the DVD).

I'm hoping that Ringo gives us something else other than just an album. They haven't really specified the details for the album either, but I'm hoping that there will be a first press bonus too.
Old 2009.04.25, 01:45 AM   #289
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

kuro_neko, do you really need to be like that?

No one ever said that Superficial Gossip was the official english title for the album, its just the title of the b-side.
I just explained where the rumour came from. Why do you need to attack me because of that? You were the one that started this bickering in the first place and called me nitpicky, my post meant no harm.
To me, you are the one being pissy. I devoted 2 lines of text to saying: "Except CDJapan. But yeah, we figured it's probably a mistake on their part." And you focused all your atention in those 2 lines and went on and on about shit that I already know and most people know, like the world was ending.
Look at your posts for a bit, and see if I'm wrong.

I think there is no need for this kind of reaction from my posts, and yet it has happened time and time before. I would like to be more respected, if you don't mind.
But here in Portugal we have a saying: "Quem está mal que se mude." It may turn to be true, if you continue to be like that.

EDIT: And before you add any more things about what's official and what's not, let me remind you that you accepted CDJapan's tracklist as official right when they came out, before any other "more official" site. Which proves all your complaining about me in this page and the previous one is really just some kind of hate directed at me, and you make up arguments as you go along, just to hide that fact.
And the worse part is that you even say I attacked a new member. I'd like you to present me proof. You can PM me if you feel more comfortable.

EDIT2: Sorry for the off-topic guys, but I believe this needs to be public. I wouldn't solve anything by PMing kuro_neko and there's not enough reason to create a new topic. Unless some moderator believes otherwise.

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2009.04.25 at 02:03 AM.
Old 2009.04.25, 02:26 AM   #290
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

theres going to be no Jihen album this year, it seems.

she might do summer concerts, then the dvd of that for winter release

she penalized the band after Variety. wonder why
Closed Thread