Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2010.09.14, 05:19 AM   #401
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Halo Reach!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got this at midnight and even got to shake a fake Master Chief lookalike's hand looking orward to getting some free time to settle down with this.

Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.14, 05:20 AM   #402
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

^That's looking 'forward' not 'orward' (can't edit)
Old 2010.09.14, 05:34 AM   #403
LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti is headed in the right direction

That's Bungie's last Halo game. Enjoy the 7 hr campaign XD and possible the last quality Halo game for the next 4 yrs.
LoBFCanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.14, 05:56 AM   #404
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I am annoyed. I pre-ordered Halo Reach for £28 from Argos about a month ago. I contacted them, and they assured me that all pre-orders are sent in advance to arrive by release day. Post has came, no Reach I'd got myself ready for it too, it has been getting phenomenal reviews! I rarely play competitive multiplayer online, but I can always get behind Halo. I find it to be easily the most fully featured, well balanced and designed console FPS on the market.

Oh well, I managed to finally pick up Heavy Rain from Morrisons for £15 so at least that should take up my time. I was waiting for the price to drop before buying as it seems like a pretty short game, and I'm taking my own advice that I gave to Bongo and golem way back when and only playing through it once, since the games cracks and story plot holes are ripped wide open for all to see during a second or third playthrough.

As for these cheap prices, I found them due to this site (which will only be useful to UK folk). I don't know if you know of it Bongo, but I check the hot deals of the day every day and I've found some great stuff.
Old 2010.09.14, 06:01 AM   #405
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

^ I generally scout about for cheapo prices on EVERYTHING :p got my Demon's Souls LTD ED for only £26.99 when it was doing the rounds closer to £60! I'll generally wait for a game to drop price but only go for launch if it's limited or whatever only a few days ago I picked up Valkyria Chronicles for £7.99 and got Mirror's Edge free (both sealed) so I like a bargain too.

I couldn't pass up the 'buzz' of a midnight launch as I've never experienced such an atmosphere before. seldom have I seen such joviality in Glasgow after dark
Old 2010.09.14, 06:05 AM   #406
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Oh, I just went through Mass Effect's new DLC "Shadow Broker" really awesome and well worth the points to reunite Shepherd with Liara.
Old 2010.09.14, 07:35 AM   #407
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I shall have to buy it, since I loved Mass Effect 2. I did choose Liara in the first game, and I was going to be faithful, but I really didn't like her attitude in the second game, so she can bugger off. Hopefully the DLC won't make me regret that decision. I can't be bothered with catty women when I'm trying to save the Universe. It was bad enough with Ashley and Liara in the first game.
Old 2010.09.15, 03:35 AM   #408
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Originally Posted by LoBFCanti View Post
That's Bungie's last Halo game. Enjoy the 7 hr campaign XD and possible the last quality Halo game for the next 4 yrs.
I'll have you know that it lasted 9 hours!

I was under the impression that the statue was made of resin but alas it's just plastic, it's still nice though.

Old 2010.09.15, 02:00 PM   #409
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I finally player ME 2 as well, and I loved it. It was so much better than the first one, although the last mission was heartbreaking.
I'm currently playing the Witcher. I bought the Platinum Enhanced Edition, which I expected to contain the DVD and a pdf manual. Instead this version of the game has 2 dvds, a beautifully printed manual and a complete walkthrough in a seperate book. They also changed the setup of the game so that in now contains the game, an HD res mod by the community, all patches, two community patches, 2 more adventues to be play, 5 adventures by modders and ALL 10 language voice overs. Pretty impressive for a late budget version.

When I'm, finished with this, I'll be eagerly awaiting Fallout New Vegas, and even more Deadly Premonition. I don't think DP will be the best game of the year, but the one I'm expection the most of. All the great games I played so far have been unexpected sleeper hits for me, that I bought spontaneously
(Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, Resonance of Fate, Shadow Complex )

And I'm still not really interested in Halo. Too standard for me (no offense, it just IS like that to me)

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.15, 07:58 PM   #410
Inaudible-Whisper

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
And I'm still not really interested in Halo. Too standard for me (no offense, it just IS like that to me)
Might be worth at least a rental for two reasons: 1. It's the best Halo campaign (although I only got just over half way today) so far and I've read a lot of comments like "I don't usually like Halo, but I'm really enjoying this" online, and 2. It has Firefight, and I know you really enjoyed Horde mode in Gears. Firefight is like Horde mode, but MUCH more fleshed out, with a load more modes and customisation options (and even more when you introduce Forge variants). It's fun as hell.

TGS News: A new Suda 51 game, Steel Battalion 2, Dragon riding game from the creator of Panzer Dragoon and a cartoon horror game from the creator of Parappa The Rappa all Kinect exclusive... surprising. It needed some more software to keep me interested aside from Dance Central, Milo and Child of Eden. Still probably wait until next year though to buy. I was going to randomly buy a Move controller tomorrow when it's released, just for the sake of buying new tech... but I don't find any of the launch software at all compelling.