Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2013.06.30, 04:53 PM   #11
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Finally got around to watching this, on Blu-ray.

I have to say, Just Can't Help It looked strong as hell in this selection. It had a lot to do with the choices from the other shows---not the highlights I would have picked---but I would say as a trio of tunes the JCHI portion of this outdoes every other section except Domestic Virgin Line and Ultra C.

Has Ringo EVER been more animated on the stage than in JCHI's version of Dynamite!? She's practically jumping out of her skin to entertain the audience, with lively, genuine-looking expressions of joy and release. I mean, it's not a great song or performance or anything, but in THIS SELECTION, it stands out, and you want more of it.

Ultra C's Ikiru is by far the strongest performance on the disk. It's nice to have Domestic Virgin Line, with the monumental Souretsu, but again, in this compilation, Ikiru overwhelms everything else. When it was done, I hit backspace on the remote and watched the whole thing again.

I'm glad I got this disk, even though it's not the list I would have chosen. Maybe it was for that reason that I liked it. I got to appreciate certain things more in a new context, like JCHI and that wacky Kuronekodow.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote