Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.04.24, 02:47 PM   #61
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

CP3 deserves the MVP. Hes definitely showing that against the Mavs. He can ball. In Game 1 he screamed "He can't guard me!" -- he was rffering to HOFer, one of the best PG's ever, Jason Kidd. Yikes.
Kobe as MVP is a joke because everything Kobe does, Lebron does better. (and Lebron's likeable --- unlike Kobe and unlike the Spurs.)

//Bowen was robbed for DPOY for the 4th straight year =(
Old 2008.04.24, 02:48 PM   #62
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
I know everyone seems to have someone they don't want to face, but you don't have to go out and SAY IT.

As for Kobe, I think this new loving to hate thing might be a sort of phenomenon of our generation. Whether it be because of the ridiculous amounts of money's athletes get now, the internet and blogs, more vulgarity in public or whatever, it seems nowadays anyone in any field gets more hate than ever in history. I don't think there is a single person that everyone (not every single person, but in general) loves. Even the nicest guys have some haters, it's just that some players now are just more polarizing. I don't know anyone that is in between on Kobe; it's either hate him or love him.
Yea that, it's a generational phenomena...or it's probably because of the time Kobe ratted out Shaq to the police by saying that Shaq pays women to sleep with him. Or the time he refused to shoot more than 3 shots in the second half during that series with the suns. Or the time he was caught on tape saying that he wanted the team to "ship that motherfucka out," that "motherfucka" being Bynum, Kobe's new best "friend."

*I'm just ribbing you Hedo, I know you love the man. I'll just reiterate my recognition of Bryant as the second best SG ever.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.24, 03:39 PM   #63
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I can't defend those things Kobe has done, and there is no doubt there is reason for hating him but comments like this are just hate:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Kobe as MVP is a joke because everything Kobe does, Lebron does better.
How many times does Lebron himself have to say that Kobe is the best?

EDIT: I don't love the man, I love the player. From what I've seen, Kobe is an awesome guy, but he has done too many things that are questionable. I don't know how far his competitiveness extends off the court, it obviously is everywhere, but I wonder if he would say something like what he said about Bynum about just any friend outside of work.

EDIT 2: Kobe DID jump over an Aston Martin.

Last edited by HEDOfloe : 2008.04.24 at 04:41 PM.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.24, 04:49 PM   #64
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

How many times does Lebron himself have to say that Kobe is the best?
Do you really expect a guy like LeBron to call himself the best player? Do you hear any player claiming himself to be the best?

Also, Delonte West sucks. He is the worst player in the world.
Old 2008.04.24, 05:06 PM   #65
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Do you really expect a guy like LeBron to call himself the best player? Do you hear any player claiming himself to be the best?

Also, Delonte West sucks. He is the worst player in the world.
I don't expect him to, but I also don't expect him to go praising others like he does when he himself is one of the best.
Old 2008.04.24, 05:11 PM   #66
cjhobbies00

Now you gonna get people who like Lebron more and thinks he's better. I mean, his stats are unbelievable, it's pretty hard for anyone to see past stats like 30 8 and 8.

Is Kobe the better player? Yeah, sure, right now. Kobe shoots the ball better, defensively better, more aggressive with possessions.

But Lebron does somethings better than Kobe, and it's not hard to imagine in two or three years that he's gonna eclipse Kobe in every aspect.

Lebron is just being humble, I'm pretty sure that everytime he steps onto the court he thinks that he's the best player on the floor. You can't score 30 points a game without that mentality.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
Old 2008.04.24, 05:19 PM   #67
HEDOfloe

I think that because of Lebron's nature he will never be as good as Kobe. His "killer instinct," as they say, is not all there. Sure, he killed the Pistons last year, but I don't think he has enough of it. Also, do you think he will ever be a better shooter than Kobe? Just looking at his body, can someone that big really shoot that much better than he does now? Of course he will improve, but his upper body is huge.
Old 2008.04.24, 05:25 PM   #68
cjhobbies00

I think that because of Lebron's nature he will never be as good as Kobe. His "killer instinct," as they say, is not all there. Sure, he killed the Pistons last year, but I don't think he has enough of it. Also, do you think he will ever be a better shooter than Kobe? Just looking at his body, can someone that big really shoot that much better than he does now? Of course he will improve, but his upper body is huge.

Well, he didn't have a mid-range game during his first years, now it's one of his weapons. Will he improve even more? I think so, but remember, Jordan never shot well from 3.

Yea, he killed the pistons, that's why I think he can be better than Kobe. Kobe didn't always have the Killer instinct during his first years. Do I think that Kobe could've taken that Cavs team from last year past the Pistons? It's doubtful. When Lebron is on, he does incredible things. I think he'll find the ability to turn it on and off one day.

Old 2008.04.24, 05:58 PM   #69
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Lebron willed a crummy team PAST THE DETROIT PISTONS TO THE NBA FINALS. And he keeps his team a team. Its not blind hat to say Lebron > Kobe. Stats, game impact, name it. He is at least on par. How could Lebron not possibly have "killer instinct" ? Certainly not based on his gameplay. Based on him not being a chump and proclaiming himself best player in the L? Humility is for the media, greatness is for the court.

Lebron has had every opportunity to wilt. He came in the most hyped 18 year old ever, and he proved any doubter wrong. Year after year.
Old 2008.04.24, 06:08 PM   #70
cjhobbies00

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Lebron willed a crummy team PAST THE DETROIT PISTONS TO THE NBA FINALS. And he keeps his team a team. Its not blind hat to say Lebron > Kobe. Stats, game impact, name it. He is at least on par. How could Lebron not possibly have "killer instinct" ? Certainly not based on his gameplay. Based on him not being a chump and proclaiming himself best player in the L? Humility is for the media, greatness is for the court.

Lebron has had every opportunity to wilt. He came in the most hyped 18 year old ever, and he proved any doubter wrong. Year after year.
I still have to give Kobe an edge on defense and a slight edge on the Killer instinct part. Lebron is so gifted that you expect him to crush opponents every night, but there are times where he just seems to glide across the floor when he should be tearing it up (maybe it's just because he's so smooth)

Kobe, despite the person he is off the court, is still the most dangerous player in the league, because he steps onto the court looking down on everybody.