Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.07.04, 10:46 AM   #151
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

oh Guys.

This might be considered spoiler:

20th Century Boys Live Action PV

I might actually love this movie, it's pretty great, the actors seem to do the trick just fine to me
This is epic:
NCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.05, 09:47 AM   #152
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I utterly loved Honey & Clover (both seasons) i recall the part with Morita dressed as Santa *Merry Christmas* that had me laughing so much it was so funny! as for Death Note it was uber epic!!! the only anime I have ever been able to get my family to watch without criticism, I would burn it on to DVD each week it was out and we would all watch on the giant screen together, the first 26 episodes were as good as it got story/visuals/direction beyond that though it was annoyingly stretched out but still OK, Code Geass was brilliant! Lelouch was so cold which was awesome, my favorite anime is Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex though my old school favorites are Gundam Wing & Tenchi Muyo they were the first anime I ever seen when they were aired on cartoon network years & years ago, besides some dodgy monster rape thing that I caught by mistake one night on the sci-fi channel.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.12.14 at 11:45 PM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.05, 04:02 PM   #153
NCORE

Originally Posted by ringobingo View Post
though my old school favourite is Gundam Wing & Tenchi Muyo! they were the first anime i ever seen when they were aired on cartoon network years & years ago.. besides some dodgy monster rape thing that i caught by mistake one night on the sci-fi channel
That's actually the first thing that comes to mind when I think Sci-fi, yeah.
Old 2008.09.07, 01:38 AM   #154
NCORE

This is great
Evangelion RE:DEATH
Old 2008.12.14, 07:11 PM   #155
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

My hat goes off to Frecklegirl for her Honey & Clover rant. Thank you so much for reassuring myself that I'm not the only person that hates that series. I thought sitting through that was about as boring as watching paint dry!

Anyway...

My favorite anime to this day is still Cowboy Bebop. It really did just about everything it tried to tackle. It had a great cast, awesome music, the animation still looks great and has held up after 10 years, the individual plots of the characters were interesting, and it balanced drama and humor very well. I still find myself listening to the soundtrack to this day. Yoko Kanno really struck the ball out of the ballpark with this one. Definitely my fave anime OST of all time too.

Code Geass would have been high up there for me if it hadn't fallen flat on its face during R2. It just became a giant mess. By the end of the second season, I wasn't attached to any of the characters anymore. I swear Sunrise was just pulling plot twists completely out of their asses or at the very least throwing random ideas at a dart board and hoping they'd stick. I won't say spoilers, but let's just say it got so bad that I continued watching just to see how much further they could fuck it up. It's like Plan 9 From Outer Space. You watch it because it's so bad that it's good. It just got hilarious. Which is a shame because the first season had so much promise (with the possible exception of the Mao arc).

My sister tells me Casshern Sins is awesome and I'm thinking of starting watching it. Has anybody here seen it?
Old 2008.12.26, 11:52 AM   #156
narusy

narusy pleased at least somebody

Its very difficult to actually say what my favourite anime is, considering I actually read more manga than watch anime. Though I have to say that the anime adaption for my favourite manga Monster (Naoki Urasawa), was really good! I also really liked the anime for Angelic Layer and Cardcaptor Sakura. Code Geass was also a really good anime.
narusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.26, 04:05 PM   #157
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Have you read 20th Century Boys, too?

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.29, 07:51 PM   #158
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Osiris, sorry it is two weeks late, but thank you for affirming my H&C rant. Said rant, posted as a review, remains at negative approval over at MyAnimeList thanks to a bunch of H&C fans who apparently think that if there's a negative review of a series they like, it means they should vote that the review was "not helpful." Um, missing the point, don't say a review wasn't helpful just because it was unfavorable of your beloved favorite series. So it's good to hear from the very few people who, as fellow H&C hataz, like the rant XD

Also, I agree, Cowboy Bebop is still great and will be for a while; they perfected so many things. "Gotta Knock A Little Harder" from the movie is an amazing, amazing song.

I'm currently watching Junjo Romantica, and I doubt there are any other boys love fans here who are watching it as well...? I'm also awaiting the release of the Tsubasa & xxxHOLiC DVDs with new episodes next month.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.01, 10:05 AM   #159
narusy

narusy pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
Have you read 20th Century Boys, too?
YES! It was amazing as well.
narusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.01, 04:15 PM   #160
ophy

ophy pleased at least somebody

Perfect Blue, Paranoia Agent, Gokinjo Monogatari, Last Exile, Serial Experiments Lain, Vampire Hunter D (+ Bloodlust), Mushishi, and I'm sortof in love with Kuro from Black Jack right now, not necessarily the recent release, though. Gah. I feel like such an anime nerd.