Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.05.21, 02:14 AM   #561
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Yeah, someone already translated them in this thread, previously.
Yeah, but you know Shinji that unless freckle translated it then it's clearly not worth reading.

Edit:
Originally Posted by ShinjiPG
Yeah, someone already translated them in this thread, previously.

mucker69's translation vs frecklegirl's translation + frecklegirl's arrogant reaction

You must have lots of mirrors in your house...
Shinji you've been pretty angry recently it seems?

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.05.21 at 03:11 AM.
Old 2009.05.21, 02:40 AM   #562
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

frecklegirl isn't arrogant nor does she waltz around and claim that only her translations are worthwhile. emilsherbe (sorry about the spelling) translated pretty much all of the Ringo EXPO talk and that was translated from ear. she, like everyone else, was nothing but thankful for the help. She also has never claimed her translations are the standard, I have discussed my own personal takes on individual translations with her and have never once found her to be arrogant or rude. this attack was just uncalled for and I'm standing by what she said about the previous translation. Up until the Official PV, there was no officially released lyrics, it was lyrics as transcribed by ear. Considering people make mistakes and Ringo is known for her word play, waiting for an official source (usually the actual lyric included with the release, or in this case a subtitled officially released PV) is usually the way things go around here, it has always been that, and for good reason.

for the most part this forum is a treasure trove of news and legit ringo/jihen information. it isn't ridden with rumors and little inaccuracies mainly because the policy has always to be waiting to present information with cited material when it concerns the music directly, as in credits on the songs and lyric contents.

iunno, I just feel this was a bit uncalled for and unnecessary

going back to the single, I think the covers for this and the album are a nice idea considering the single and it's bside relate but aren't a part of the album, it kind of links the two in a way so that they are siblings.
Old 2009.05.21, 04:06 AM   #563
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

When is the b-side coming out? *impatient*
Old 2009.05.21, 04:22 AM   #564
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

the single releases on the 27th, so it should be floating about in a few days
Old 2009.05.21, 07:43 AM   #565
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

If Shinji were around this international fanbase 3 years ago with the same posts he has made recently, someone would have banned him after a week of this attitude.

I'm not saying that a banning would be justified. I'm just trying to say he shouldn't push his luck. I've been there, I've done that, and it's not worthwhile even when you don't get banned. It's not the way I would prefer to be remembered. I'll still post bitchy shit once in awhile and get a Reputation Disapproval or two because we all go through those phases publicly or privately - I just try not to make an impressionable streak out of it anymore.

Just something to think about.
Old 2009.05.21, 07:58 AM   #566
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Oh Shinji, what are you up to?
Old 2009.05.21, 09:50 AM   #567
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Shinji man, you were so nice when I first joined. What happened?
Old 2009.05.21, 11:15 AM   #568
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Wtf Shinji. All I did was post a link to my translation. FREAK OUT!!!!

Also, I said in the thread about whether knowing Japanese is essential to listening to Ringo that I wanted to go through and revise/redo all the Ringo translations on my site, including the ones I made. Yup, that really smacks of arrogance to me. Unfortunately I'm all too aware of my own weaknesses as a translator, but all I can say is that I do the best I can. But I've never claimed it's perfect. Every time I make a translation, I look at it months later and find something to correct or improve. I never post something with an attitude of "OK GUYS THIS IS THE DEFINITIVE ONE NOW." I'm always painfully aware that I might have to correct it later.

And: since when was no one allowed to post another translation after one has already been posted, lest you seem arrogant? I wasn't aware of this rule! I always make my own translation; whether or not someone beats me to it doesn't really matter.

So yeah this was a little ridiculous and unnecessary.

One last piece of advice:
CALM. THE FUCK. DOWN. I'm sorry if your life is going shitty now or something, but there's really no need to take it out on every single member of this forum.
Old 2009.05.21, 04:09 PM   #569
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Woah, so much daramas in here o.O

I'm not sure how I feel bout Ringo's vocal in this one; I just have this image of her ga-ga baby talkin to lil sonny in that tone @_@
Old 2009.05.21, 06:47 PM   #570
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Just browsing through some threads and it isn't the first time your name has came up this week Shinji. I know what you can be like sometimes, and I try to let it go over my head because you're often sarcastic and/or you don't mean it, but you are crossing a line. We have various threads where you can vent if you feel you need to bring any personal negativity online; just try not to unnecessarily aim it at other people. Totally unfair.