Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.01.21, 07:21 PM   #81
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

After hearing the new live version of "becoming", I gotta say, I still don't like this song, call me a heathen if you will. Takashi Taniguchi did a pretty decent job with Ariamaru Tomi though :-p
Old 2014.03.24, 07:11 AM   #82
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

(To Mods: Please create a new thread once Kronekodow posts, or a Ringohan member can confirm), but according to certain users on last.fm, it has been announced on Ringohan that Ringo is doing a 2014 tour (4 dates). Not only that, a self covers album is in the works, with apparent tracklisting of:

"Private - Hirosue Ryoko; Cappucino - Tomosaka Rie; Amagasa - TOKIO Kachuu no Otoko - TOKIO; Hiyori Hime - PUFFY; Shuen no Onna - PUFFY; Keitteiteki; Sanpunkan - Chiaki Kuriyama; Seishun no Matataki - Chiaki Kuriyama; Manatsu no Datsugokusha - SMAP; Saisakizaka - Youko Maki; Bouenkyou no Soto no Keshiki - Ichigo Ichie"

(If this user is not trolling everyone, and I don't really have a reason to think he is, I just get wary when something isn't either on Natalie or Kronekodow yet), this is very exciting news, and one of the things I've always wanted from her was a self covers album...

I'm guessing official Kronekodow announcement will turn up tomorrow.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.03.24 at 07:26 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.24, 11:35 AM   #83
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Are all of those songs that she's written for other people? And hence the term self cover? I don't really get what is meant by self covers...Like, when she reworks one of her own songs, I don't think of it as her covering her self.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.24, 12:39 PM   #84
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
Are all of those songs that she's written for and lent to other people?
I make that distinction because some of the first songs Shiina Ringo lent to Tomosaka Rie were already written in Shiina Ringo's demo days, but simply never had an official release in Shiina Ringo's name yet. It should also be noted that Shiina Ringo's first self-covers to appear anywhere other than in a bootleg, were of songs she lent to Tomosaka Rie.

It's also not all the songs. Shiina Ringo has lent at least 5 more songs to Tomosaka Rie. Cappuccino just happens to be the only one with a PV you can already get on DVD, but that's probably a coincidence. Also lent 2 more songs to Chiaki Kuriyama than what's on this list, but those were already performed in this latest concert video. Oh, and there's more Ichigo Ichie.
Old 2014.03.24, 12:54 PM   #85
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Thanks for clearing that up, Glathannus. I was unaware most of these even existed. I do have a Tomosaka Rie album, but I've never gotten around to giving it a proper listen. I feel her voice is kind of plain.

If this turns out to be true, then I'm looking forward to another album by Ringo.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.24, 12:56 PM   #86
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Shouso Strip sequel is here ;P
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.24, 01:08 PM   #87
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
I was unaware most of these even existed.
That's what the Product Index is for.
While it may not be clear from the overview which of the non-SR/TJ releases featured her own compositions, versus featuring Shiina Ringo as just a guest performer, all of the songs she's ever lent to other artists are among the listed releases. So if you focus on the non-SR/TJ releases in particular (what you're not already familiar with), you might uncover some gems.
Old 2014.03.24, 05:03 PM   #88
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
some of the first songs Shiina Ringo lent to Tomosaka Rie were already written in Shiina Ringo's demo days, but simply never had an official release in Shiina Ringo's name yet.
That makes sense when I listen to Ikenai Ko, because I feel that it could have been included perfectly in Shouso Strip.

If this is true, I really hope this isn't the full tracklist and said song is covered too, because I think it's one of the greatest songs Ringo has lent to other artists.

But now that I think about it more carefully, it may not go well with the current sound Ringo has been delivering lately. One of the things that make this song unique is the arrangement/production, which is close to Shouso Strip and KZK.
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.25, 04:12 AM   #89
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Dear God I hope this is true. And I hpoe she does it in the summmer. Seeing her live would be a dream.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.04, 05:51 PM   #90
deadgrandma

For whatever reason, I can't add a post to the 15th anniversary bluray thread, but thank the Gods I didn't order the regular edition/wait till the second press of the limited version, just look at this monstrosity:

The same format applies to Ukina and Mitsugetsu Shou too... BLEGH.