Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2015.10.21, 04:23 PM   #231
K__

K__ has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Izumi Makura shiseido ad

so this is pretty great. I don't remember this being on the last album (which was pretty good) but it's a cool video, even if it's an ad.
K__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.21, 04:25 PM   #232
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Suiyoubi no Campanella's latest album is probably gonna be a landmark if the hype, AMAZING singles and exponentially growing fanbase behind them is anything to go on. I hope it lives up to my expectations, which is pretty much I expect AOTY.

The three lead singles
西玉夫

メデューサ

ラー

(Just a note: the third one is directed by Kodama (yeah, Ringo's Kodama))

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.10.21 at 04:29 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.21, 07:56 PM   #233
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

^ great song production and great videos but I do wish it were some other vocalist singing it. her voice really makes what could be some really interesting music sound very drab.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.22, 03:43 AM   #234
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I love her vocals though...

Back to Sa Dingding, more info on new album "THE BUTTERFLY DREAM", which is hitting sooner than I anticipated:

"The Butterfly Dream"
digital pre sale – Friday 23rd October 2015
"Swallows"
digital single release – Friday 23rd October 2015
"The Butterfly Dream"
Full album release, physical and digital – Friday November 20th 2015
Old 2015.10.22, 07:35 AM   #235
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Not sure how I feel about Sa Dingding. I listened to The Coming Ones a while back and really enjoyed it; enough to find a live video of one of the songs. The video I happened to find really sounded like she was lip synching. I compared to the actual track and it sounded identical. So, she was either lip synching, or she's so good live that there's no way to tell the difference.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.22, 03:28 PM   #236
deadgrandma

Heard "Swallows" from the new Sa Dingding, it's far different to what she has done before, but it's still absolutely gorgeous and beautiful. Quite uplifiting too.

EDIT: album out in full on UK iTunes and it's pretty damn good

Infact, I've never heard anything quite like it.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.10.22 at 07:05 PM.
Old 2015.10.23, 03:30 PM   #237
deadgrandma

My glowing review on new Dingding.

https://deadgrandmablog.wordpress.co...tterfly-dream/

Oh and Yasuha Kominami IS NOT DEAD!

2ndアルバム僕を救ってくれなかった君へ2015年12月2日発売初回盤(CD+DVD):3,700円+税 通常盤(CD):3,000円+税

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.10.23 at 03:57 PM.
Old 2015.10.24, 03:40 PM   #238
deadgrandma

Would LOVE to hear people's opinion on new Dingding album... for me it's come out of nowhere and changed my whole perspective of 2015. I mean, I expected something good, but never expected THIS amazing release. The most pleasant surprise imaginable.

Whether or not I like it more than The Coming Ones is another question- but then again, I can barely compare- they are just too different from one another for me to even start thinking about it.
Old 2015.10.26, 09:50 PM   #239
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

I listened to The Butterfly Dream last night with extremely high hopes and expectations. Having adored her previous three albums, I was both apprehensive and excited when deadgrandma told me how different it was. After listening to the album in its entirety, I can without a doubt say that it's definitely different. But it isn't anything crazy or something completely new. It just sounds like a good Sa Dingding album that was produced by someone new. And while I do think it is a really good album, I don't think I like it more than her previous works. The Butterfly Dream has less of what I love from Sa Dingding as an artist but is still really catchy, fun and beautiful in its own right. But that is all just a matter of personal preference. This IS coming from the guy that lost interest in Seiko Oomori at Sennou. No doubt this release will grow on me.

Album Highlights: Ding Ding Sa, Swallows (Yes, the first two tracks)

And is that reeeally the album cover...?
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.27, 03:32 PM   #240
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

I'm working my way back through Sa Dingding's catalog since all I've listened to is The Comings Ones and Wonderland. I listened to Coming Ones again today, then to Harmony. I have to say, I liked Harmony a bit more than The Coming Ones. I've already downloaded her newest album and listened to the first two tracks and so far it sounds good. Will listen to the rest sometime soon. I've been too into the newest Passepied to listen to anything else right now.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote