Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.03.15, 07:06 PM   #1
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community
Default (2009.05.27) Shiina Ringo - Ariamaru Tomi [Single]

I just saw this in my Ringohan emails - Shiina Ringo is coming out with a new single!!!

title : Ariamaru Tomi
coming out May 27th for 1000Y

However, we'll be able to hear it as soon as April 17th because it will be used as the theme song for a new drama starring Matsumoto Jun and Aragaki Yui titled Smile.
Old 2009.03.15, 07:07 PM   #2
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

OMKFG

ariamaru tomi would be something like "excessive fortune", right?

Yoeko Kurahashi?

Last edited by Yahiko : 2009.03.15 at 07:11 PM.
Old 2009.03.15, 07:10 PM   #3
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

That seems like a low price for a single, compared to the other ones we've had from Shiina Ringo or Tokyo Jihen throughout the last few years. I wonder if it's only going to have one B-side.

In any case, I'm looking more forward to this than another song produced for someone else.
Old 2009.03.15, 07:11 PM   #4
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

*Tsumiki Asobi dance* I still have really high hopes for solo Shiina.
Old 2009.03.15, 07:14 PM   #5
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

(putting words in people's mouths) You and the rest of the forum, Maou .

May is going to be a goooood month.

Also.

That is pretty cheap. I'll probably end up paying more for shipping than the actual single.
Old 2009.03.15, 08:52 PM   #6
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

What I love about this is I'll actually be in Japan on release day, just like when Tokyo Incidents 1 came out.
Old 2009.03.15, 10:15 PM   #7
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

This is great news! I wonder if it'll have Yokyou on it.
Old 2009.03.15, 10:41 PM   #8
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

dang you guys beat me to it, I was really looking forward to being the one to break the news.

the title means something along the lines of "overflowing fortune" but can also be literally translated as superfluous wealth, which has a slightly negative connotation so I went for overflowing fortune. either way, in the ringohan e-mail they said that the date is very important because it is her anniversary of her debut, so technically that day is the first day after the 10 year anniversary, it becomes full circle, and it serves as important launching off point to take her into the new decade of her career. so they are referring to it as 20090527 in the e-mail, perhaps this number might be important in the future somehow (like unlocking an easter egg such as the ichijiku no hana easter egg).

and yes, this song serves as the theme song for the new tv drama Smile, where it was much demanded, and we can hear it used there starting on "shiina no hi" or Shiina Day, which is 4/17 cuz 4(shi) 1(i) 7(na).
Old 2009.03.15, 10:45 PM   #9
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Somehow, I'm really optimistic again.
Old 2009.03.15, 11:17 PM   #10
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Somehow, I'm really optimistic again.
I'm excited but considering it is for a drama called "smile" I'm not really expecting anything remotely resembling ringo at her finest. as long as its somewhat rock and not like her last few solo efforts I'll be happy.

edit: her koufukuron reissue was 971 yen and I usually see an 800 price tag for a two track single, so I'm guessing this is going to be a 3 track single (or hoping), but it might be a situation where it is the single, a b-side, and then an orchestrated version of the single, especially since its for a drama. lets hold out for 3 new tracks though, XD

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.03.15 at 11:22 PM.
Closed Thread