Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.10.17, 10:51 AM   #1
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Default Fanmail to SR/TJ

Has anyone written to SR/TJ before? Did she/they respond?

How can I write one? What address should I send it to?

Seeing that she responded to her fans' calls for her to take backseat and let the other TJ members write songs, I'm gonna write to her in English complaining about how I wasted my money buying Variety.

If you're not happy about Variety maybe you should write one too.
Old 2007.10.17, 11:05 AM   #2
Op2
Banned

Op2 is headed in the right direction

Breaking news: Shiina Ringo doesn't care about you or what you say.

Nothing is going to stop her from making a Variety part II, and hopefully, your letter would motivate her even more to do so.

EDIT: I guess it should be noteworthy to mention that "Variety" was the answer to her fan's responses. So, basically, she doesn't care.

Last edited by Op2 : 2007.10.17 at 11:11 AM.
Op2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.17, 11:23 AM   #3
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Gotcha. She cares enough about the fans' opinions to give up song writing duties for an album, but she doesn't care about the opinions that want her to write again on the next album.
Old 2007.10.17, 02:48 PM   #4
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Has anyone written to SR/TJ before? Did she/they respond?

How can I write one? What address should I send it to?

Seeing that she responded to her fans' calls for her to take backseat and let the other TJ members write songs, I'm gonna write to her in English complaining about how I wasted my money buying Variety.

If you're not happy about Variety maybe you should write one too.
I too wasted my money on the album, but I don't think we need to send her a letter. I still believe that Shiina knows what she is doing, and its not a bad idea to give the band input. It was just a bad idea letting them write a whole album.

I'm sure Shiina doesn't 'care' about us in the sense that she is not thinking about us when she writes. I think that she cares enough about music to starting writing again for the band.
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.17, 05:38 PM   #5
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'd like to send her fanmail, too!! *_* I wonder if she could understand it.
Old 2007.10.17, 05:57 PM   #6
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I have some doubts on whether SR really responded to fans telling her to stop writing songs and start focusing on the vocal; She most likely have that idea in mind long before any fanmail was read, and Uki + Izawa may have quite a lot of material ready. It's more of a "hey, even the fans said so, so why the hell not ne" kinda thing.

But I would LUUVVVV to send a fanmail to SR. frak, we should send a massive one signed by every one here in this forum, laser printed and framed, just so she knows about her renegade fans outside of her main turf japan.
Old 2007.10.17, 06:30 PM   #7
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Kasanagi View Post
I have some doubts on whether SR really responded to fans telling her to stop writing songs and start focusing on the vocal; She most likely have that idea in mind long before any fanmail was read, and Uki + Izawa may have quite a lot of material ready. It's more of a "hey, even the fans said so, so why the hell not ne" kinda thing.

But I would LUUVVVV to send a fanmail to SR. frak, we should send a massive one signed by every one here in this forum, laser printed and framed, just so she knows about her renegade fans outside of her main turf japan.
I can get behind fanmail where the only objective is to lavish praise onto our Shiina.
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.17, 07:22 PM   #8
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Praise? I don't know if I can still do that after listening to Variety.
It breaks my heart so much that an album like Variety is released under the Tokyo Jihen name. Sure it's got it good moments, but... *sigh*
Old 2007.10.17, 08:33 PM   #9
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'm behind choobies.
Old 2007.10.17, 11:26 PM   #10
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Still haven't grown a liking to Goraku, even a little bit more than before?

You could take the expensive, direct approach and boo whenever a goraku song is played during a live show. That would be pretty funny. The displeased Japanese fans are too polite to boo, so it might take a yankee.

But that is mean. But you have a right to since you gave her your money already.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote