Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Associated Artists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Associated Artists Hirama, H ZETT M, PE'Z, appa, Petrolz, etc.

Old 2008.11.08, 12:05 PM   #11
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

i really want to hear GYPSY T____T

but im not buying it right now.. more some 1 or 2 weeks to go >_>

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.12, 06:39 AM   #12
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Rashipoki is a better album than I expected. I liked one-and-a-half songs on Appa's first (mini-)album, and didn't think I would like more than three of the songs on a full album. This will get more replays from me than Pianohead, but not more than Pianoise in Osaka.
Old 2008.11.12, 05:10 PM   #13
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

that reminds me I need to get Pianoize in Osaka still.

But the damage done after my MoRA dvd box gets processed on my card is going to have to delay it for a few months. my limit is reaching its limit
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.12, 07:26 PM   #14
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Amazon.co.jp is the only vendor who still has Pianose in Osaka in-stock. Everyone else has been sold-out for quite some time. A few weeks ago Amazon's price was around 4300yen, then recently they raised it to 4500yen. That's not a good sign. They probably don't have very many copies of it left, and once they're sold out, you will have to resort to Yahoo! Japan Auctions and all the nasty fees associated with not having your own Japanese residence. And that's when it actually shows up for auction! I don't even see any copies of it on Y!JA right now...

If you are getting two MoRA boxes, I would cancel one of them, and grab Pianoise in Osaka while you still can, because that's probably going to provide more longterm satisfaction than repackaged audio you already have. If you're getting one MoRA box, then if it were the CD box - I would drop it.

Pianose in Osaka is to 5+2=11, what Dynamite Out is to Kyoiku.
Seriously.
Old 2009.06.25, 02:32 PM   #15
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Is it just me or is there actually something to this album?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is a great album, and you can call out Izawa's singing all you want (tho, I'd call you a hypocrite since Shiina's singing can be just as unflattering. And it's miles better than his singing on Variety) but some of these tunes are really good and snappy.

Violence is a great song. Genron, Sono Toumei are pretty good too. These songs stomp all over Sake to Geko, Ssaw, Ramp, Kuroneko, and Kingyo. Even Egao and G Supi, barring the vocals, are really groovy stuff. I'll take the singing on Otome no Solo and Afuro. Even songs like La Li Ho, Oni no Te, and Tenjou Afuro which sound like crap at first are strangely redeeming.

Dare I say it, but enjoyed much of these songs on the first listen than I did much of Sanmon Gossip on its first listen. On that note, I think Rashipoki and Sanmon Gossip same to have similar idealogys behind them. If you liked SG, I see no reason not to give Rashipoki a listen.

On a cynical note: The "Jihen makes people worse" mythos is still very much in play. Shiina of course, is widely panned in Jihen. Uki is even more widely villified, yet his Petrolz work is much more agreeable. Izawa had some real stinkers on Variety including songs that didn't even sound like finished ideas (Ramp, Sake) which leaves me throroughly impressed with his work in Appa.

Violence stomps on most SG songs

Jihad's three picks: Violence, Genron, Sono Toumei Shirinasu

RETRO EDIT: \/ \/ Blaah, since when? Whatever, Ramp still sucks.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2009.06.25 at 03:04 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.25, 02:56 PM   #16
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Ramp is Uki's
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.26, 03:57 AM   #17
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Well, I suppose I'll give it a listen.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.05, 03:32 PM   #18
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Thumbs up

OK, I have been listening to this album in bits and pieces in the last few months. I liked what I heard, but I gave it another listen today
on my ipod and enjoyed it even more!

Genron: When I listen to Genron, I feel like dancing like a five year old i.e. jumping and flailing around, occasionally punching the air and shouting HYAH. Playful, energetic, and you get the impression that Izawa is a bit not right in the head. You know in the TJ concerts where Izawa is head banging while playing the keyboard? Ya.

VIOLENCE:I like how Izawa in sad/sentimental/melancholy but drunk at the same time.

La Li Ho
: Or epic Kronekodow. I don't know whether that's a bad thing or not Another way to put it is Kronekodow is Beta La Li Ho.

Oni no Te
: While Izawa was the more emotional kind of drunk in VIOLENCE, he's the more obnoxious, aggressive kind in Oni no Te (Funnily enough, the word 'violence' is sung here at some point). I like the darker turn the song takes at the end, where it sounds like the night's gonna end at Izawa passing out and ending up in hospital with severe kidney -- er, liver damage.

Okoto Shimashou: "TOUCH ME THERE TOUCH ME THERE" (Not sic)

Gypsy
: It's kind of like Genron but not as good. It makes up for that with the "Ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba" bit!

G Supi Feat Scooby Doo :No, seriously, Izawa LITERALLY sounds like Scooby Doo here, yaroos included.

PACCLUE: You know when a song is good when it starts with: PAKOOROO PAKOOROO...SHAKOOROO SHAKOOROO. This is probably the most 'ambitious' song here. It's wacky, but also 'heavy.'

Tenjou Afuro
: An 'eccentric' song that begins with that Hawaii HELLO HA music. Also contains Izawa autotune.

Like TJihad, I'll limit damage by saying that it's not a GREAT album, but this isn't a throwaway listen, or an album you'd only listen to because Izawa is part of TJ and you want to see if Izawa will destroy the next TJ album.
Oh, and I don't care what anyone says -- I really like his vocals here, even if they are a bit stupid and goofy most of the time.

Also, Izawa is really hawt. I'm not talking about the way he looks (Even though he is pretty handsome). But there's something about his voice that oozes a kind of silly but raw sex appeal. Like the movies where the guy is trying to woo the girl by singing, but he sucks (He doesn't care though!) and the girl goes 'oh come here you' and they start kissing passionately, and um, VIOLENTly.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.10.06 at 12:51 PM.
Old 2009.10.05, 03:33 PM   #19
Scribble R

Rashipoki vs Sanmon Gossip

I think Rashipoki is, in many ways, better than Sanmon Gossip, because Rashipoki, like SG, also has that exuberant, sugar-rushy
feel to it but unlike SG, it sounds like there's 'soul' put into it. Like it's from Izawa's, um, heart or something. Sanmon Gossip on
the other hand, merely sounds as if Ringo was just having a bit of fun, and as if it's just another notch on Shiina's Belt.

Rashipoki vs Variety

Izawa and Tokyo Jihen

Hi familiar ground. Well, I enjoyed this album without even THINKING of Shiina Ringo or TJ until the end, but if you listened to Rashipoki
you'd be wondering what Izawa would be doing next, and the answer is obviously TJ's next album.

Izawa is responsible for the arguably the best things IMHO to come out of the Variety era: Sake to Geko (Spa and Treatment), Kaban no Nakami
and Pinocchio (Well, I also like Tsukigime-hime but Izawa still wins). Heck, even Killer Tune is okay. But the above songs are hardly
'centerpiece' material apart from Sake to Geko which feels like it has missing potential.

Rashipoki has *significantly* better songs, though. Because SR isn't fulfilling all my musical needs anymore, I'm caring less and less
about a comeback, but I'll be listening to every new album she puts out till she retires. Sooo I want to see if this Phase 2 experiment
can work. I think it isn't futile where Izawa + Shiina are concerned. But then there's Uki...

(Will be posting my impressions of Petrolz album + single)

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.10.05 at 03:37 PM.
Old 2010.10.14, 06:17 PM   #20
EVH

EVH is headed in the right direction

Tegami Precursor

an interesting find!
I liked this album. It was quite interesting albiet a bit weird.
I also like that solo song he played on the ultra c dvd
EVH is offline   Reply With Quote