Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.04.11, 10:26 AM   #211
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

It'll be better than Gips, that's for sure.
Old 2009.04.11, 11:10 AM   #212
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Glath, can I request that DDoS now?
Old 2009.04.11, 11:41 AM   #213
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
It'll be better than Gips, that's for sure.
Yeah >_>, I think it'll even be better than Identity, Tsumi to Batsu and Mayonaka wa Junketsu along.
Old 2009.04.11, 12:18 PM   #214
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

hey guys, the same thing works in reverse. Just because the preview sounds promising to you doesnt definitely mean the full song wont be something you dislike. It can still suck, keep an open mind.
Old 2009.04.11, 02:21 PM   #215
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

yeah, there is just no way to judge really. if you dislike the preview, usually you will find something redeemable in the full song, whereas if you latch onto to a 30 second clip, when it expands into something else you might not like the rest (especially if your mind is already working on creating the rest for you before then), which is why I don't like clips.
Old 2009.04.11, 04:48 PM   #216
bebio

bebio is an asset to this community

ok guys, I went searching for a video clip of today's talk show on the net and I found it. http://arashi.groups.vox.com/library...l?_c=feed-atom There are two clips posted. By watching the first vid (which was a part of the show that I missed) it turns out that the song actually starts with shiina singing with an acoustic, and the drums only later in the song. The second clip is actually the part of the show that I started watching (and which led me to believe that the song started with a drum break). Well, now you can listen to a bit more of the song now. As I said before, it definitely won't make you go "wow", or bring back the faith in those who had lost it, but I think it is a nice enough song. In the sense that I didn't feel like I had wasted my time hearing it.

Last edited by bebio : 2009.04.11 at 04:56 PM.
Old 2009.04.11, 04:53 PM   #217
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Thanks a lot bebio! =)
I'm watching.

EDIT: Yeah, now it sorta reminds me of "Rakujitsu" too, altough worse. The chorus is kinda generic, but it's actually the best part, even tho it definitely won't get much plays because it wears out pretty fast. The rest sounds a bit dead and totally not fitting a "come back". And yes kuro_neko, I remember you said they said the B-Side is what the fans should really look forward to, but well, the A-Side is what's gonna be promoted!
It's kinda becoming a trend now, having the B-Side being better than the A-Side. I know more than 10 examples.

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2009.04.11 at 05:03 PM.
Old 2009.04.11, 06:05 PM   #218
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

yeah, this song is going to get old REALLY fast. it actually reminds me of YUKI's Miss Yesterday, which was also some drama's theme song and the b-side on her last single, Rendezvous. The way it builds up, and the general chorus. Although I think YUKI's is probably a million times better, but that's just me. This song sounds nice enough, it seems like there isnt' that much going on and it will burn out really fast.

Miss Yesterday
Old 2009.04.11, 08:37 PM   #219
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I think it's sounding pretty good. It may seem like it'll get old fast because they play the same segment of the song a few times in that video, but I think being able to listen to the whole thing will help.
Old 2009.04.12, 02:19 AM   #220
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

In the second video you can listen to (almost) the whole song, not just segments.
Closed Thread