Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2011.12.09, 03:58 AM   #1551
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

dling mw3 just to play spec ops...
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.09, 06:10 AM   #1552
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

All you need when it comes to games is: a megadrive/genesis, or if you don't have one, an emulator with the cartridge/ROM of Road Rash 3.
Old 2011.12.12, 01:37 PM   #1553
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

I remember Road Rash... I've got a new Android phone (Xperia Play) with a slide out gamepad. It can emulate everything up to and including PS1 and N64, just about, so hurrah!

What are people's favourite retro games? I've never played Zelda (or any kind of RPG really) so will start with that on SNES. My favourites are probably Tekken 3 and the 25 year old Rainbow Islands, I still get cravings to play those... Can do some decades-long overdue catching up on the Japanese console side of things as in Europe we used to use home computers mostly, although I did have a PS1.

so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.12, 05:50 PM   #1554
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

^ Link to the Past is a good way to start the series.

I love Final Fantasy VI. It's a classic that holds up fairly well today -- you can argue it holds up better than VII because of the latter's primitive 3D modeling. The FFVI OST was also Nobuo Uematsu's crowning achievement as a composer (he even said it was an "ending point" for him).

Another SNES favorite is Super Castlevania IV.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.12, 07:22 PM   #1555
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by so_cold View Post
I remember Road Rash... I've got a new Android phone (Xperia Play) with a slide out gamepad. It can emulate everything up to and including PS1 and N64, just about, so hurrah!

What are people's favourite retro games? I've never played Zelda (or any kind of RPG really) so will start with that on SNES. My favourites are probably Tekken 3 and the 25 year old Rainbow Islands, I still get cravings to play those... Can do some decades-long overdue catching up on the Japanese console side of things as in Europe we used to use home computers mostly, although I did have a PS1.
How about psp games?
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.12, 11:51 PM   #1556
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Italy music Road Rash 3
What I wouldn't pay to hear a metal band cover this. And the rest of the soundtrack for that matter.
Old 2011.12.13, 02:14 PM   #1557
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

@Most Curious: I've actually never played any Final Fantasy games either, despite a flatmate giving me FF X for PS2. That's a crime, but gaming is a sort of social thing for me, so not being in houseshares lately where people would play in the living room means I'm still stuck in around 2003-4 at the latest (Burnout 2! Soul Calibur 2!) as I hate playing on my own, or even over the net. But FF VI on a handheld device I can take with me should be great.

@W3iHong: I don't think there are any phones at the moment capable of emulating PSP. It's possible for PSP games to be ported, but on Android there's currently only two titles that have been I think.

so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.13, 03:01 PM   #1558
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

There's a GBA port of FFVI, but it suffers from the smaller screen (smaller size and pixel count) and poor sound sampling. It does have a better translation than the SNES version, though.

Nothing wrong with Soul Calibur II, though. Certainly better than III and IV.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.13, 09:34 PM   #1559
zombiestrip

zombiestrip pleased at least somebody

Probably shouldn't have acquired Skyrim recently... It'll be the end of me. :|
zombiestrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.13, 10:04 PM   #1560
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Shogun 2 has been way too much of a time vampire for me recently. I don't want to put a campaign on hold unless I feel that my borders are sufficiently secure. Since I rarely ever have that feeling, the game could easily consume an entire Saturday.