Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.01.13, 09:41 PM   #451
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Talking about persona3, its suppose to be released in PAL areas already, and yet all game retailers are too cheap to stock PS2 games thats a) not a sequel to another big budget game b) not a tide-in release to a next-gen platform game T_T
Old 2008.01.14, 08:47 AM   #452
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ The game is nearly impossible to find in American stores now as well. SMT games are the only games I ever pre-order because they (well, all Atlus games) won't be available for long.

I'm loving this game so much that I'm thinking of ordering the Japanese only expansion pack. Then again, it's rumored to be coming to America soon.
Old 2008.01.14, 09:12 AM   #453
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
^ The game is nearly impossible to find in American stores now as well. SMT games are the only games I ever pre-order because they (well, all Atlus games) won't be available for long.

I'm loving this game so much that I'm thinking of ordering the Japanese only expansion pack. Then again, it's rumored to be coming to America soon.
I pre-ordered Persona 3, but still haven't played it yet.
So there's a Japanese-only expansion? Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne's expansion came built-in to the North American release. With the whole backlog of games I haven't played and won't get around to for a long time, I would rather they take their time on releasing Shin Megami Tensei games in North America, and include everything when they do, not that there's anything 'wrong' with the current releases.
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.14, 11:18 AM   #454
Maou

Yeah, Persona 3 FES was released in Japan while the standard edition was being localized. Apparently, they were to far into the localization when FES was announced/released in Japan. FES is pretty much a sequel to the original though. It changes a few things in the original P3 scenario and adds in a new post-game scenario.
Old 2008.01.14, 11:27 AM   #455
F999

F999 pleased at least somebody

My favs are musical games by NanaOn-Sha (Parappa, Lammy, Vib Ribbon, Mojib Ribbon), beatmania series, Devil May Cry 3, F-Zero GX and Virtua Fighter series.
Old 2008.01.16, 05:01 AM   #456
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Super Smash Brothers Brawl got 40/40 in the Famitsu.
WOOOW!
Too bad that there is no official release date for europe yet...

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.16, 07:15 PM   #457
Maou

Originally Posted by Kasanagi View Post
Talking about persona3, its suppose to be released in PAL areas already
I read that it doesn't come out in PAL regions until the end of February. You don't seem to get the cool art book or soundtrack that came with US release either.
Old 2008.01.18, 07:09 AM   #458
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Actually, speaking about reptilia, I totally loved how it was organized in Rock Band. I loved how they switched to the other guitar in some parts. It just seemed easier, though. I don't remember how the "catchy solo" (I think it's called), is in Rock band, but I think that was the part that I thought was too easy. I remember working really hard to get that down in GH and it was so satisfying.

But yea, I know what you mean about some parts being played in some songs that are not even played by the guitar. But, you know, sometimes it has to be done just for the sake of making the game more fun. But how about that noisy part in the beginning of reptilia, right before the guitars go off? Isn't that a sound that the guitarist makes? You don't play that in Rock Band.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.18, 08:16 AM   #459
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Hedofloe View Post
But yea, I know what you mean about some parts being played in some songs that are not even played by the guitar. But, you know, sometimes it has to be done just for the sake of making the game more fun.
Sometimes it can be fun. Sometimes I think it's just frustrating. 3s and 7s is the perfect example. I find the GH3 chart to be a complete mess. Overly complicated and frustrating. While the Rock band chart is a lot more simple (Though you're still essentially 'playing the song') it is just a joy to play in comparison.

As for the start of Reptilia, I can't remember exactly how it starts off the top of my head. While I still can't see any discernible difference between the two difficulty wise, the Rock band chart is just more fun. I no longer crave difficulty in a Guitar Hero game. I got over that with Jordan on GH2. My favourite Guitar Hero songs are Ziggy Stardust, Killer Queen, Godzilla, Spanish Castle Magic, Crossroads, Frankenstein and Texas Flood. All from Guitar Hero 1, and all ten times easier than the final tier on Guitar Hero 3 but waaay more fun. Oh, and my favourite; YYZ (GH2). The only song on GH3 that I think comes close to these is Cliffs of Dover.
Old 2008.01.19, 08:48 AM   #460
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm currently rummaging through my sofa for enough money for Rock Band, Xbox 360, and a 19" samsung LCD tv (can't use the "family tv").

Will probably take me a whole year to collect all those pieces.

Question: Can you hook up through xbox live with friends and play online?

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote