Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.03.18, 05:32 AM   #131
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

The Yokushitsu series doesn't fail to deliver again. This performance was DELICIOUSLY psychotic, and I'm not just talking about Ringo swaying from side to side with a knife in her hand. The whole arrangement, the camera work...brilliant!

What an great concert. Oh, and when Ringo says her goodbyes at the end of Otome! Lol!

Ringo really impressed me with her vocals this time around (Although I thought that Furu Ame was a bit dodgy here and there), especially in Gamble, Tsumi no Batsu and Yokyou. And I agree that Kabukichou was the least interesting performance.

Man, I miss solo Ringo badly =X
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.18, 05:51 AM   #132
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

My mother just called me saying the mailman delivered Ringo Expo today, precisely one day before I return home.

JUST AS PLANNED!
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.18, 08:32 AM   #133
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Enjoy, Shinji!

I'm a bit disappointed in the mixing of the DVD. Kameda and the orchestra have been boosted while Nagoshi and the drums are a little buried. The bass was much much deeper on the drums live. However, hobo guitar guy also got a slight boost so that's a good thing.

I also have a problem with the placing of Yume no Ato/Tsumiki Asobi. They don't go together. The crowd is not ready for Tsumiki after the depressing Yume no Ato.

Also, where the hell is the second guitar in Koufukuron? The studio version has two guitars and yet the second guitarist for the Expo just seems to disappear for this song.

Last edited by Maou : 2009.03.18 at 08:57 AM.
Maou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.18, 10:27 AM   #134
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Shiina grabs her own ass at the end of kono yo no kagiri
I've just skipped a bit through the show, and it seems like the best thing in years, I like the guitarist too
NCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.18, 11:37 AM   #135
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
My mother just called me saying the mailman delivered Ringo Expo today, precisely one day before I return home.

JUST AS PLANNED!
I received mine today as well I guess our race ends in a draw.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.18, 12:34 PM   #136
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
I received mine today as well I guess our race ends in a draw.
But in my case, it was JUST AS PLANNED!
I totally won this, but ok, we can call it a draw. Until next time...
Old 2009.03.18, 12:53 PM   #137
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Wow, I liked The Onion Song A LOT more than I thought I would.

Shinji, watching this should lessen your doubts about her voice. Even if her voice isn't exactly the same as it is in the early days, she is still more than capable of pulling off those old songs like only she can. Tsumi no Batsu in particular.

I have to stop watching these performances now. I watched Yokushitsu at least five times today. After this, though, I think I'll be giving Shiina Ringo's catalogue a long break as it's been overkill for the last few months. Until the single is released, at least.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.18, 01:16 PM   #138
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I'm up to Asobi on the DVD and am really enjoying it \0/ feels different cause the event and crowd are on a massive scale but so far it's nice.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.18, 01:53 PM   #139
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Shinji, watching this should lessen your doubts about her voice.
Yes, I'm starting to "understand" the New Shiina Ringo voice. It's not really like how it was during Variety or RSRF08/SOTC2, after listening to more of the performances and especially "Yokyou". I guess she understood how her voice changed and how it's not like in the old days, so she's trying a new "style" that sounds original, unique and, hopefuly, good, according to her current limitations. And it suits her new musical direction, at least it seems so.
I bet she could really satisfy me in a "Ekimae" performance using this new style, unlike what happened at RSRF08 (besides the poor instrument playing that was going around).
Old 2009.03.18, 02:52 PM   #140
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Omatsuri Sawagi or whatever has to be the best performance ever. I can tell, even though the Youtube video is all fucked up.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote