Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2014.02.07, 08:33 AM   #21
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

You put in characters that start after the "v=". Edit that and it will show up.
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.07, 03:13 PM   #22
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
New Yasuha Kominami song, but only a preview. Sounds great so far, but not too different from her last album - which isn't a bad thing.

Yeah, while it's no new sound for her, I still really enjoy what I'm hearing here. She seems to have 'found herself' now- I like the confidence she's putting out. The acoustic guitar sections are a nice touch.

Man she looks like someone at my old workplace on this PV...
Old 2014.02.07, 03:32 PM   #23
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Yeah, while it's no new sound for her, I still really enjoy what I'm hearing here. She seems to have 'found herself' now- I like the confidence she's putting out. The acoustic guitar sections are a nice touch.

Man she looks like someone at my old workplace on this PV...
That's a really good way of putting it - confidence. In her most recent outings she's sounded very charismatic and confident in her vocal delivery. I'm not sure how much of the music she writes considering she has a band now (there's no way she writes those awesome bass lines!), but the music is always superb as well.

When I first heard her more rock-type sound I didn't even know it was her, because I first came across her on the 'UNHAPPY BIRTHDAY' EP, which was very folks-y.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.07, 03:53 PM   #24
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I think UNHAPPY BIRTHDAY's pretty good but yeah, a bit underproduced compared to the rest.

BTW, as Inseu noticed, track 6 on this new EP is "美少女戦士カメレオン" - a cover of the Sailor Moon theme??? If so, I cannot wait to hear that.
Old 2014.02.11, 04:00 AM   #25
deadgrandma

Gah, why does the new Salyu song sound like Muse but with Salyu singing? Blegh. That said, while it may be totally cheesy, at least it doesn't bore to insanity like anything on photogenic.

Why can't they just make Salyu x Salyu 2.0? Salyu x Salyu is no doubt the best thing she's ever done/will ever do. Cornelius really saved the day there.

(Obviously, I'm not exactly a Salyu fan, but I still masochistically check out pretty much everything she does. I feel I understand Jihad and Phase 2 Jihen a little more...)

BTW... where the hell is Jihad? I miss arguing/discussing music with him!

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.02.11 at 04:12 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.11, 04:32 AM   #26
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

There was a salyu x salyu song released last year (Other than Hanashitai Anata to), called cover magic
Colour Magic

I doubt we'll get a full vol. 2 release, but I can imagine Cornelius will keep up his working relationship with Salyu. I'm not a salyu fan at all, I'm a Cornelius fan so I'm not interested in the slightest in what she does with Kobayashi Takeshi.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.11, 04:53 AM   #27
deadgrandma

Yeah, I heard this too, but forgot about it.

I do really, really like soundbeams though (I forgot where the brackets go), I'd buy it on vinyl if there was ever a pressing (unless there's one I don't know about already).
Old 2014.02.14, 01:28 PM   #28
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
BTW... where the hell is Jihad? I miss arguing/discussing music with him!
Jihad has far more important things going on at the moment. I wouldn't expect him back full time until summer-ish (June or so, maybe May).

HOWEVA, I'm here and years ago* Jihad would have admitted I'm his musical superior. Just as he's admitted before that he occasionally didn't post because he was waiting for me to say what he was going to say, but better. Wahaha~!

*he's better than me now because I don't have the passion anymore. You shitting on my posting style (needlessly wordy?) is part of the reason why.
Old 2014.02.14, 03:59 PM   #29
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Well I wish Jihad the best with whatever he is doing this moment.

St. Vincent's new album is shaping up to be pretty weird. Whereas Cruel was probably the only really "pop" thing from Strange Mercy, each song from St. Vincent is very pop, almost electro-pop? That doesn't mean they are bad, they still have that signature St. Vincent jerkiness and unsettling feeling.

OH also apparently Robyn has a new album coming out in the summer. Yeeeaaahhhh Playing Body Talk to celebrate.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.14, 04:01 PM   #30
deadgrandma

@Maou: I'm sure me 'shitting on your style' would have been ages ago right? I'm genuinely sorry if my early posts affected you like that, but just letting you know, I was a different person when I started on here- When I go back and read my early posts I often facepalm at myself (such a pissy brat back then haha)...

@turtlefu: Is Robyn worth checking out for Goldfrapp fans? Or Moloko fans for that matter?