Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Community Center > Site Announcements/Feedback/Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2008.04.03, 07:04 AM   #21
kamikaze

kamikaze is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
:: One of the new guys drops a bombshell on the forum! Is it Shinji? Or is it Kamikaze?
Maybe one day, you guys will find out why everyone calls me "Kamikaze," probably not

and btw, there seems to have been alot of drama on these forums (or the past one), isn't this supposed to be about the music? But then again, I am a newbie around here and I guess I don't know what "went down."
Old 2008.04.03, 07:28 AM   #22
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ Everything that went down did so because of the music.
Old 2008.04.03, 07:45 AM   #23
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Let's not turn TJ's wonderful work into another thread of back and forths. Variety is behind us, look to the future.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.03, 01:15 PM   #24
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kamikaze View Post
Maybe one day, you guys will find out why everyone calls me "Kamikaze," probably not

and btw, there seems to have been alot of drama on these forums (or the past one), isn't this supposed to be about the music? But then again, I am a newbie around here and I guess I don't know what "went down."
Tokyo Jihad could've went into a lot more gruesome detail about the past than he did, but despite all his all-too-obvious displeasure toward HF and Variety, the man actually treats his opponents with at least a certain amount of respect. But there is this growing implication that if he is attacking recent material you really like, then by extension he is also attacking you. That is how some people choose to perceive his posts, as well as the posts of other "haters", and next thing you know, some folks feel as if they are in-the-right to return the 'personal' attack.

That is how the drama has repeatedly played out. The difference between then and now, is that the particular fans who are the most emotionally prone to taking other peoples' opinions personally - no longer have admin powers (or a friend with admin powers - we'll call this entire association "The Cabal") to 'legitimize' their personal attacks that go unchallenged, or to conceal the disputed attacks that turn into embarrassing failures for The Cabal. Members of The Cabal have names, and back when they were in power (or when power was on their side), they've said some very terrible things that would get them banned in any other messageboard. Veteran members (people who not only came from Ringo Jihen - but very closely followed what was going on) have yet to elaborate on that here, because we're trying to be gentlemen about it, plus we figure the only people who 'need' to know, already know.

I could choose to be a "victim" - it would be the "drama queen" thing to do. But not only is that unproductive, but on my part it would be insincere. I don't feel personally offended over any of the things that were said to me, or done to me. More like I'm disturbed that members of The Cabal feel they have the moral right to carry on with double-standards, and a stream of personal attacks in many of the most unprovoked of occasions. However, despite my reluctance to play the role of Professional Victim, I won't hesitate to cite history in any instance where it sheds light on fresh hypocrisy, and I'll use as little of the history as it takes to accomplish that goal. I would prefer that the transgressions of The Cabal were referenced like nothing more than inside jokes, because the culprits don't deserve more attention than that - as much as they might want it.

To anyone who perceives my reaction here as an extension of the disturbance, I hope you would realize that I don't participate in "Back and Forth"s. When I defend people who sincerely try to do something selfless, my words are final - by virtue of the mountain of nonwishful thinking that any jerk would have to climb over to presume otherwise.

If anyone else has a problem with the conflict within this thread (either side or both sides), I implore you to PM an admin, instead of posting about it here. And if any newer members are curious about precisely what happened, that could've ever been so bad - the only thing I will say to you, is that you're in much better hands now.

Now as ChickShhh has attempted to do, let's get back on-topic here.
Old 2008.04.03, 02:44 PM   #25
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

its not on topic and this is a "celebratory" kinda thread about something all of us should be able to agree upon (excepting certain banned members and possibly their friends) -- this forum. Save the bickering and bitterness for every other thread here =P

EDIT: LOL, looking back at "Aids"...if some of you guys complain that Frecklegirl is "strict" or whatever -- you guys don't know the HALF of what this community has seen before!

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.04.03 at 06:07 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.03, 05:21 PM   #26
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I was just talking to Catch5Bats...
He hasn't even listened to Variety! (good for him )
But wow okay. EMF is 1 year old. New members, new blood. Let's hope everything will be nice and civil from this point onwards.
Thanks to Glath for setting up this community!
Old 2008.04.03, 06:04 PM   #27
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Where the heckz is that kid??
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.03, 06:28 PM   #28
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

(^I edited my post above)

Yeah, get Catch5 and Badtz back up in here. And I'm really bummed I forgot to name drop Badtz =( I drop Neko and Evil, but no Badtz? What a bummer.
Old 2008.04.04, 04:37 AM   #29
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
(^I edited my post above)

Yeah, get Catch5 and Badtz back up in here. And I'm really bummed I forgot to name drop Badtz =( I drop Neko and Evil, but no Badtz? What a bummer.
Yeah, she was our personal care bear!

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.04, 12:25 PM   #30
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I knowwww! Badtz ;_; I miss her smiley-Shiina avatar...
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote