Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.08.27, 01:49 PM   #21
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Shiina's hair is awful in that video.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.27, 02:05 PM   #22
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I think she looked really old in that video, the hair and make up was woeful.
She's only 30 or so yet looked like one of those 50 year old women in the wrinkle cream adverts .
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.27, 02:20 PM   #23
ROCKET

ROCKET pleased at least somebody

I liked Irokoizata. Not a great PV, but it is pretty. Her hair is weird, but well... Koi Wa Maroboshi was worse.

www.myspace.com/maximauze
ROCKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.27, 02:22 PM   #24
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

her hair in irokoizata really is horrible. her make-up is pretty standard though for the SG era, its very similar to who she has had it in the promos, being toned even flesh and powered lips. the shots are colorful but the entire thing just makes me think of Barbie, with the pink and blues and purple pastels, its a bit sickening. Ariamaru Tomi is the only PV on the entire collection that could pass for a legit recent Ringo video, the other ones not so much. Ryuukou could definitely be a Jihen video, but Shun, Irokoizata, and Tsugou no Ii Karada seem like forays into an entirely new direction, which isn't so bad, persay, but I think a lot of what we ringo fans love about her seems to be lacking in this direction.

I mean, where is Ringo, exactly? I'm sure she thought the ideas were cute, interesting, unexplored, but it really seems like she put the entire concept into someone else's hands. She admits as much in the ringohan newsletter, saying she doesn't have anything in particular to comment about almost any of the PV's, just that she went with what the direction envisioned. Even Shun reflects this, Ringo having images of herself projected onto her own body...it is like she is an empty vessel allowing the director's to take over. Where is her vision? It doesn't seem like the same person who speaks in interviews and has such in depth concepts for each work. She isn't a pop idol, she has her own voice and her own ideas, so why is she prostituting her skills and vision when what the fans really want is simple, just her?

It is alright for her to have fun and release silly quirky releases like this, it is nice to have the little periods of fun experimentation, but I can't help but hope this entire phase is over. I'm ready for Ringo to go back and put the rawk back in Jihen, PLEASE
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.27, 03:12 PM   #25
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
It is alright for her to have fun and release silly quirky releases like this, it is nice to have the little periods of fun experimentation, but I can't help but hope this entire phase is over. I'm ready for Ringo to go back and put the rawk back in Jihen, PLEASE
My honest opinion atm?

Shiina jumped the shark

And that ship has sailed.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.27, 04:52 PM   #26
kuro_neko

ROFL

your post is both hilarious and kind of depressing...
Old 2009.08.27, 05:21 PM   #27
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Hmm... I didn't like these at all :\ It's sad that my favorite PV from SH4 was the one for Ariamaru Tomi.
Why is that sad? Ariamaru Tomi is a cool video and easily the best of this sad bunch.

And what, now everyone's (back to) doom and gloom and shit after everyone brought out the stakes when I said the Ii Karada video sucked and everyone was all in love for it?
Old 2009.08.27, 06:09 PM   #28
kuro_neko

we were holding out for that one last video. tsugou no ii karada would be a good video if it was omake and something extra at the end and not one of the *better* PV's on the release, which kind of says something...

now that its out and said and done and we've lived with the music long enough to not care about the sonic side of things, we can see it for what it is. not so hot....

also, I'm not a fan of the packaging. the fork is this really disgusting pink/orange color, not a darker imprint of the skin color that you seen on the pictures...it just looks kind of gross in person.
Old 2009.08.27, 06:42 PM   #29
ecogazoo

ecogazoo is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by mizer_unmei View Post
I know there's a similar musical scene with really long flowing sheets of fabric like in the shots, but I can't remember where's it from. It's like Brigadoon or something.
"An American in Paris".

Last edited by ecogazoo : 2009.08.27 at 06:44 PM. Reason: misinformation
ecogazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.27, 08:25 PM   #30
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by ecogazoo View Post
"An American in Paris".
I thought of that at first too, but I just skimmed it over again and there wasn't anything like the flowing fabrics. Funny Face has something like that, but it's not on the dance scale I'm thinking of. I have a feeling it's got Cyd Charisse in it, so possibly Silk Stockings. But I kind of can't stand that film (despite being a huge Fred Astaire fan. But it's the same situation like High Society -- don't mess with already classic movies.) and watched it a total of once, so I'm not sure why I would remember a scene from it as vividly as I do the one I'm thinking of.

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote