Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: What is your fav album by SR/TJ?
Muzai Moratorium 15 9.26%
Shouso Strip 24 14.81%
Kalk Samen Kuri no Hana 75 46.30%
Utaite Myouri ~Sono Ichi~ 2 1.23%
Heisei Fuuzoku 11 6.79%
Kyouiku 8 4.94%
Adult 16 9.88%
Variety 8 4.94%
Sanmon Gossip 2 1.23%
Sports 0 0%
Dai-hakken 0 0%
Reimport 0 0%
Sunny 0 0%
Reimport vol.2 1 0.62%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007.10.16, 11:22 PM   #21
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Hedofloe View Post
ADULT>KZK>Heisei Fuzoku=Kyouiku>Variety>SS>MM

I think that is about it. The first poll of this I had voted KZK but soon after ADULT became tops for me. I really like SS and MM but I just don't listen to them to much since when I found out about Ringo I also found out about TJ and I liked their music more.

After all the Uki vs. Hirama debates, I am sort of surprised that no one has put Kyouiku as their favorite.
Yea the live album, bad recording thing. This issue would be more appearant if there is a "favorite live performance poll", between DO and JCHI
Old 2007.10.18, 09:41 AM   #22
zach

zach has had more than 15 seconds of fame

As before, KSK takes it home for being one of the densest masses of creativity I've heard.

I kind of don't get all these greater-than and less-than signs comparing albums that are so different. It's like saying Artur Rubinstein > Arturo Sandoval... it totally depends on the criterion being used. If the albums were similar in philosophy, style, and production I could understand it, but they're not.

Don't know Japanese, but sing along anyway
my mp3 list
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.18, 01:23 PM   #23
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Yeah, well there would never be any chatter and comparisons between albums if we limited it because they are so different from each other. So... we're stuck
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.18, 02:12 PM   #24
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by zach View Post
As before, KSK takes it home for being one of the densest masses of creativity I've heard.

I kind of don't get all these greater-than and less-than signs comparing albums that are so different. It's like saying Artur Rubinstein > Arturo Sandoval... it totally depends on the criterion being used. If the albums were similar in philosophy, style, and production I could understand it, but they're not.
It's really pretty simple. Is KZK better than the rest? Yes.
Old 2007.10.18, 03:59 PM   #25
haruhi-suzumiya

haruhi-suzumiya is headed in the right direction

Muzai Moratorium! To me, her music is more....I don't really know. I just think It stands out more to me. KSK is her most original album, it's great but too overated. SS is also good and almost a bit too underated. So, this one is just my fav.
Old 2007.10.18, 06:18 PM   #26
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

The criterion is simply based on personal preference, which is sort of a constant in the formula, its more about what you like to hear than artistical merits me thinks
Old 2007.10.18, 09:41 PM   #27
zach

Originally Posted by Hedofloe View Post
Yeah, well there would never be any chatter and comparisons between albums if we limited it because they are so different from each other. So... we're stuck
Not at all... it's quite possible to say what you like and dislike about any given album, and what style suits your listening tastes best, and what parts of what songs really deliver the goods. And then to compare that against another album, and say what are its strengths and weaknesses.

But to reduce such discussion to a simple A > B actually reduces the amount of discussion.

my mp3 list
Old 2007.10.19, 05:03 AM   #28
HEDOfloe

Not at all... it's quite possible to say what you like and dislike about any given album, and what style suits your listening tastes best, and what parts of what songs really deliver the goods. And then to compare that against another album, and say what are its strengths and weaknesses.

But to reduce such discussion to a simple A > B actually reduces the amount of discussion.
Well, what you said is exactly what we do. But you are right, the A>B does reduce the discussion, but I think that just started because we already talked about all these albums so much that we are just showing others our hierarchy.
Old 2007.10.19, 05:35 AM   #29
zach

I don't think I communicated myself clearly. My problem with A > B is that it is unfair to both A and B. Every album (no matter the artist) has a unique set of strengths and weaknesses. Comparing one aspect of A to B might give you A > B, but if you compare a different aspect, you end up with B > A.

So saying A > B says basically nothing. That's my problem with it. I don't understand how you can even have a hierarchy with such diverse albums since any given SR/TJ album is better than every other SR/TJ album in at least one area.

Maybe I am alone in thinking this. Either way, I'll stop whining about it. Go on with your hierarchizing.

my mp3 list
Old 2007.10.19, 05:42 AM   #30
HEDOfloe

Yeah, it is unfair to the albums if you try to say which is better. I don't know about everyone else, but my hierarchy is just meant to show which I like more and in what order. Not necessarily which is better. Whenever I have discussed what is better than something else, it usually just comes down to what each party likes more so I try to never say what is better but just what I like more. Unfortunately, there is no symbol on the keyboard that represents "likes more", so we just use ">" .