Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.03.15, 10:08 AM   #91
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Yokyou is great. Shiina Ringo, please ditch the band and do a solo album like this song. We'll still prefer your old-self, but at least the frustration won't be as intense.
I think it's the happy medium between her older music and her newer music.

It may become a Tokyo Jihen song =P
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.15, 10:17 AM   #92
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
The original has horrible sounding guitar, bad organ, and the worst instrument ever created in the harpsichord. Guitar solo 1 in the Expo destroys the studio version, but solo 2 is slightly better in the studio. This arrangement also makes it sound like less of a Sounan clone
I really like the harpsichord, especially towards the end of the song. I still haven't gone and listened to Blackout again after watching the concert, but the concert version feels a bit empty to me compared to the studio version.

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Yokyou is great. Shiina Ringo, please ditch the band and do a solo album like this song. We'll still prefer your old-self, but at least the frustration won't be as intense.
Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I think it's the happy medium between her older music and her newer music.

It may become a Tokyo Jihen song =P
Yea, I really like that song too but I think it will be re-done either as a Jihen song or a solo song, possibly without the orchestra. Actually, most likely without the orchestra since I doubt she'll do another orchestrated solo release and the band version definitely won't be like that. So, I think we're lucky that we'll *hopefully* get two different versions of this song =).
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.15, 12:57 PM   #93
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Ringo Expo 2008 makes up for all the failure at RSRF and SOTC2. And kinda makes up for Variety as well. We should trust Maou more from now on.

And I haven't watched the whole thing
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.15, 02:04 PM   #94
HEDOfloe

Failure? Those performances were fine, you just didn't like the songs they played.
Old 2009.03.15, 02:09 PM   #95
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
Failure? Those performances were fine, you just didn't like the songs they played.
Oh no, not this again.
Old 2009.03.15, 02:10 PM   #96
HEDOfloe

It's nothing more than that.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if more than 8 minutes of the RSR performance aired on TV? Or was that it?
Old 2009.03.15, 02:13 PM   #97
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Hedofloe: Read this.

I like the tracks she played in RSRF. I just didn't like the performances.
Stop saying what I like or I don't like.
Old 2009.03.15, 02:14 PM   #98
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

What happens from now will be interesting, anyhows. She's done A LOT of rehashes of her old songs (Topped off by this concert), and exhausted the VARIETY era songs across three+ concerts. If she doesn't plan on fading into obscurity, then let the next era of SR/TJ begin!
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.15, 02:45 PM   #99
HEDOfloe

Shinji, I'll agree with you that it wasn't magic but that doesn't make it a failure. I wasn't too hot on the RSR ones especially, but I thought they were great at the SOC show. I watched it various times and listened to the audio rip even more.

EDIT: Wait a minute. That just says you liked TWO songs out of the whole thing otherwise you would not have said that it made up for Variety as well.

Last edited by HEDOfloe : 2009.03.15 at 02:51 PM.
Old 2009.03.15, 03:22 PM   #100
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

performance wise, Ringo EXPO had some truly masterful renditions of songs, but in terms of an actual physical show, it was kind of boring. there was some really awesome stuff like omatsuri sawagi and all the dancers, but it wasn't the majority of the concert. this seemed like something she did for all the ringo fans out there, casual fans included, and just was a bit boring to watch. I mean, whats the point if I have the album? It has live draw if you are there, of course, but come on, listen to Karisome Otome from SOTC2, actually with Soil and Pimp Sessions, and then listen here. Or with Sakuran, or the majority of the first couple of songs. She may sound good and look good, but it was a bit dull. I mean at least at some of her other lives, flawed or not, she is a bit manic, which channels old school Ringo in a way. Nothing is more boring than this controlled and premeditated kind of set up.

I guess in the end its just boring, its all stale, from her first single to Variety. Ringo needs to stop living in the past and get on with the future, new material. I'm looking foward to this coming year, hopefully she will get to work.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote