Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.05.11, 01:29 PM   #461
monad

monad is an asset to this community

Wow. That was a pretty gigantic improvement over the TV version, especially the wah-wah. Not too fond of the shreddy guitar, though -- I like the edge, but I think ugly-beautiful art noise Ira Kaplan/Thurston Moore shreddy would have worked a lot better than big '70s Joe Perry shreddy.
Old 2009.05.11, 01:31 PM   #462
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Just listened to Yokyou again. It's a real toss-up now. And as confident as I am about Yokyou being great on the album version, Ringo has a track record for doing it better the first time.

DO's Toumei Ningen > Adult's
DO's Superstar > Adult's
JCHI's Mirrorball > Variety's
Ringo no Uta single > Kyoiku's
Kyoiku's Yume no Ato > Heisei Fuuzoku's
ZCS's Gamble > Heisei Fuuzoku's
KSK's Stem, Ishiki, Meisai, and Poltergeist > Heisei Fuuzoku's

You get the idea. Only exceptions to the rule seem to be Yattsuke Shigoto and Himitsu. The only way Ariamaru Tomi can be >>>>>>> Yokyou for me is if it gets the Adult treatment though. As of now, they're both great to me.
Old 2009.05.11, 01:43 PM   #463
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by monad View Post
Wow. That was a pretty gigantic improvement over the TV version, especially the wah-wah.
Agreed. That part surprised me a lot when I heard it.

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
they probably came up with a concept that ringo wouldn't have to spend a lot of time involved with so she wouldn't be delayed.
Yeah, that's basically the "Mayonaka" excuse once more, as I said in a previous post x)
Old 2009.05.11, 01:47 PM   #464
Osiris12345

Wasn't the Mayonaka excuse because she was pregnant at the time and she couldn't do the action scenes?
Old 2009.05.11, 01:51 PM   #465
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Why do you need an excuse to not be in a music video? Can the direction of the video itself not just dictate that her presence isn't necessary.
Old 2009.05.11, 01:55 PM   #466
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 View Post
Wasn't the Mayonaka excuse because she was pregnant at the time and she couldn't do the action scenes?
Yes, it was.
What I meant was, they were forced to make the video without her because she was unavailable, like with the "Mayonaka" PV, because she had some kind of excuse.
Old 2009.05.11, 02:00 PM   #467
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Why do you need an excuse to not be in a music video? Can the direction of the video itself not just dictate that her presence isn't necessary.
QFMFT
Old 2009.05.11, 02:04 PM   #468
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

I believe, like kuro_neko, that they were really forced to work without her. Not to say that creativity can't be born from limitations, just saying that if the circumstances were otherwise, according to her catalogue of music videos, she would have definitely appeared in the video. What's even more weird is that there is no kind of Ringo reference, like apples or cats or something else.
Old 2009.05.11, 02:08 PM   #469
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

its her official comeback single and her official video, so I don't think they were forced to work without her. I think they all sat down and came up with the concept and it was probably agreed on it wouldn't include ringo for a variety of reasons. perhaps she was ill when they shot it? perhaps busy? or perhaps they wanted to go with the whole ariamaru tomi theme of finding the wealth outside of the luxury. as it is, the song pretty much sells itself, which is a huge surprise considering ringo doesn't even appear in the video. it definitely suits the theme of the work.
Old 2009.05.11, 02:17 PM   #470
Osiris12345

I actually love the video. I find the whole concept of doing away with material things and finding wealth in life itself really inspiring and beautiful. The image of all of the things falling from the window and breaking into pieces is very evocative. I don't think Ringo is necessary at all and I think she would have detracted from it, to be honest.

I also agree with Jihad that it's a shame this won't be on the new album.