Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.11.28, 05:40 PM   #21
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Just use MPClassic
Old 2014.11.28, 06:15 PM   #22
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

^MPClassic is my main media player.

I can get most Blus running (without menus) in MPC and VLC when ANYDVD is running, but SUNNY doesn't want to work at all. I'll try and find some updated certificate files.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.28, 06:33 PM   #23
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Hmm, I'll have to try when I have access to my Sunny disc too I guess.
Old 2014.11.29, 03:03 AM   #24
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

My SUNNY blu-ray works for me (in a computer), to a very limited extent. I can get maybe a minute of smooth playback before I run into problems. Even if I rip the disc to an ISO or a BDMV folder first, I still have problems. My AnyDVD + MPC combo has had no issues with any SR/TJ releases before (except maybe the DVD menu system of the 10th anniversary PV collection).

My best guess, is that SUNNY will need to be remuxed before a computer can smoothly play it. I just haven't had time to try that yet.
Old 2014.12.04, 03:37 PM   #25
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Discovering NYC Book:Off so that I didn't have to pay through the nose at Kinokuniya and Amazon Japan.

Last edited by TeslaGuy : 2014.12.08 at 09:32 AM.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.04, 03:53 PM   #26
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

^ Thinking about maybe checking out the NYC Book Off this weekend. How's the selection/pricing of Ringo and other Japanese music related goods there?
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.06, 09:29 PM   #27
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I have a question for everyone? Do you consider yourself a hardcore Ringo collector?

I look into my heart and the answer is no.

See, I'm content with owning her major albums, but I don't own several DVDs and most singles. If I lose my entire Ringo collection now, I wouldn't buy anything back, except maybe Dynamite Out and the first three Tokyo Jihen albums.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.06, 10:42 PM   #28
deadgrandma

I bought Sunny didn't I?

Hardcore collector confirmed.

Anyway, out of curiosity now that the question has been asked- am I the only one here who owns the Ichigo Ichie album? I really don't think I know anyone else who has it.

It's like Glath is the only person I know who has the Sweetz for my Spitz vinyl...
Old 2014.12.07, 09:31 AM   #29
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
It's like Glath is the only person I know who has the Sweetz for my Spitz vinyl...
I probably have a lot more Shiina Ringo items (some of which are playable media) nobody else outside of Japan has, but that just seems to be the particular one you are most peeved about not owning yet. I paid 14000yen (plus a bunch of fees) for a used copy maybe 6 years ago, and that didn't seem like a fantastic deal at the time. I'm still disappointed about not having a sealed copy, but I've never seen one. Just like I've never seen a sealed copy of Where Is The Love.
Old 2014.12.08, 09:38 AM   #30
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by mrnarse View Post
^ Thinking about maybe checking out the NYC Book Off this weekend. How's the selection/pricing of Ringo and other Japanese music related goods there?
Exactly what they have changes all the time, but the prices are excellent and the selection is vast.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote