Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2010.08.28, 02:04 AM   #11
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Quick impressions. Full review possibly on Sunday. Best Phase 2 DVD.
  • OSCA: I didn't hate it for once? Nice job on this song.
  • Zettai Zetsumei: LMAO at Kameda having equipment failure at the beginning.
  • Sounan: Fuck you, Phase 2.
  • Shuraba: Single version FTW.
  • 3 Min: No live guitar. It was OK.
  • Killer Tune: Great performance. Dig the new guitar solo and ending.
  • Noriki: <3 <3 <3 <3 8-bit lives! 8-bit Ringo kicking ass River City Ransom style.
  • Sweet Spot: Boobs.
  • MaruSadi/A New Way to Fly: Retire it if this is what you're going to do to it. Terrible.
  • Kimaru: Epic performance of an epic song. Marionette Ringo rocks. This song is just amazing. You can tell the audience was in awe of how great it is. It gave me the chills.
Wow this is spot on. They really F'd us in the A with that version of Sounan. Seriously, it was soooo bad. The last two albums have been knocked for their penmanship, but at least I always found the arrangements interesting, even if they didn't have much to work with. Yet here, they have a great song, and they completely slack. I can't remember what song went before it, but it seemed like they were forcing it to be in the same key or rhythm or something that just didn't work.

I was really let down by their not having Uki play guitar on 3min. Was it maybe because they wanted him to sing well? I'd have to watch it again, but it seemed underwhelming because I couldn't get over that. His singing was better, though. Or maybe I'm trying to find an excuse for him.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.28, 02:19 AM   #12
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

It didn't offend me...it just sounded like something out of Sonic Adventure.

And 3min was bad too, because of Ukigumo's singing and dancing. It was a bit embarrassing.

That said, I'm really really pleased with this DVD. OSCA-FOUL giving Dynamite Out a run for its money and all.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.28, 05:30 AM   #13
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

I can fall in love with Ukigumo because of this show.
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.28, 11:57 AM   #14
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by GIGAcorrupt View Post
So basically a Vendor stating that a CD is "Japan Ver" is only stating where it was manufactured. No?
Correct.
The worst that could happen when you buy a Japanese CD release, is that the packaging will usually be in Japanese. But the disc will still work in any player, and if it's not copy-protected (most discs aren't), then it can also be ripped by any computer.

There are also Japanese releases for US/EU artists. Often the Japanese releases have one or two more tracks than the US/EU releases, and all of the tracks remain in the original language of the music even if the packaging is in Japanese.
Old 2010.08.28, 07:26 PM   #15
Jameslicious

Jameslicious pleased at least somebody

You know, Sounan is really growing on me. I'm starting to think they did to it what they did to Himitsu - make it awesome. Himitsu was just terrible before Izawa got his hands on it.

Don't get me wrong. Sounan was pretty friggin' great before, but, now, it's just got this creepy edge to it that I love. I would've loved for them to have kept the dual guitar solo bit...or, a guitar solo bit, but eh.

Yeah, two posts in and I'm probably already making myself unpopular. Damn.
Jameslicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.28, 08:04 PM   #16
zyoeru

zyoeru pleased at least somebody

I just watched it. Seeing Ringo perform Ikiru and Sweetspot makes me love them all over again.

Am I allowed to say Ringo's boobs were glorious for that encore?
zyoeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.28, 08:45 PM   #17
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

oh god! Nice to see Ringo going crazy again <3 this dvd is awesome!!

yes, Shiina Ringo, you're forgiven for not including calling you or blackbird

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.28, 11:23 PM   #18
GIGAcorrupt

GIGAcorrupt pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Correct.
The worst that could happen when you buy a Japanese CD release, is that the packaging will usually be in Japanese. But the disc will still work in any player, and if it's not copy-protected (most discs aren't), then it can also be ripped by any computer.

There are also Japanese releases for US/EU artists. Often the Japanese releases have one or two more tracks than the US/EU releases, and all of the tracks remain in the original language of the music even if the packaging is in Japanese.

Mmm. Thank you very much for all of the information you have given me.
GIGAcorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.29, 12:53 AM   #19
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Does anybody know the names of all the songs performed in the bonus reel?

First song (performed by Ukigumo) was a cover I'm not familiar with.

Second song (performed primarily by Shiina Ringo) was Tasogare Naki.

Third song (performed by Kameda) was Senkou Shoujo, and since he knows enough not to raise his voice, his singing was a lot better than Ukigumo's usually is.

Fourth 'song' (danced to by Hata) was.. I have no idea.

Fifth song (performed by Izawa) sounded like some Appa song I haven't heard before, which isn't a bad thing.
Old 2010.08.29, 01:25 AM   #20
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Uki's song is a cover of Elvis's Release Me
Izawa's song is Appa's Haha no Hikari: http://appa.web.infoseek.co.jp/Oto/GIGS/Hahanohikari.mp3

Dunno about Hata's.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote