Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.12.13, 08:04 PM   #101
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
After you watch at least 3 Gackt non PV/concert videos on YouTube, you come to realize how much of a perfectionist the man is at anything he pursues, even when he doesn't quite triumph. Doesn't mean I always like his style of music, but you have to give Gackt credit for trying.
Yup, that is exactly why I like him so much. Everything he does is with full confidence and a perfectionist attitude. I was talking earlier today with another member from this forum and she pointed out that even when he sings in his horrible English accent, he is very confident and continues even though it's so hard to understand (fortunately he only has 2 songs in English ). You should check out the video called "Gackt can play Anything". That is truly mind-bottling @_@

Okay, I'll stop being off-topic now @_@

Oh, and BTW, I was just referring to when Kuro Neko said "nothing feels the same as a good fuck", which is why I thought of that video clip. So it wasn't completely off-topic
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.13, 08:44 PM   #102
Canto

Canto has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Stop talking about the one who's naturally short of musical sensitiveness.

Anyway this is a SR related board...
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.13, 09:02 PM   #103
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Canto View Post
Stop talking about the one who's naturally short of musical sensitiveness.
>_<

How could you say that??
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.13, 10:58 PM   #104
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
nothing feels the same as a good fuck

or as potent as a sharp cunt

O.o
Yeah. Recently my sister (who's in her second year of studying Japanese) asked me if I knew how to say "Fuck that" in Japanese. I really don't think there's a good equivalent (maybe you have some ideas, kuro_neko). The best I could think of was a really angry, no-nonsense "Sore wa IYADA!!" or just "IYADA!!" but it's not quite the same because you can say "Iyada" in a playful, fake-pouty manner too which you can't do with "Fuck that."

"Fuck that" really is such a great phrase... a prime example of something in English that's almost impossible to translate over. XD

I'm sad that I never had a Japanese (or French XD) SO to fight with and discover the whole reverting-to-English-when-angry thing. Sure, I got angry at a few Japanese people (MY CRAZY LANDLADY) but it was never the sort of yelling fight you get with a boyfriend or girlfriend in which reverting to English is possible.

My Japanese education has been weird, because first I learned from a professor who's American but lived in Japan for years, so he'd explain grammar to us in English, then I had a semester of a Japanese professor who couldn't do as good a job of explaining grammar (and I hated her anyway), then a Korean-but-Japan-born TA for my conversation class, then in Japan of course it was Japanese-only all the time, and in my Japanese class I took in France too (actually that was 90% Japanese, 10% French--studying a language in a language that isn't your own is CRAZY) and now I'm back with the same American professor who explains grammar in English and even has the listening portions on our tests be 'Answer the questions in English.' Which may seem detrimental but it does work well for the whole 'getting your brain to think in two languages at once' thing, although I don't know if that was even his intent. On our final exam there was even a small translation section!!! I was definitely all "oh! be still my heart." XD

...Looking back on it, my Japanese education has been ridiculously amalgamated. Its like a freakin patchwork quilt. To borrow a phrase from 'Ichijiku no Hana' (OH HO HO ON TOPIC AGAIN), it's pretty damn 混紡互い違い (alternating mixed threads). But I just realized that Japanese is the one class I have taken every semester of my college career (can't even say that for my real major, English, or my other minor, French). Wowww.

mannnn I want to go to grad school in Japanese translation SO BAD. Need to get better at kanji so I can pass the school's test....
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.13, 11:07 PM   #105
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

How about くそ... even though in many occasions feels like a harmless word.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.14, 08:16 AM   #106
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

this remind me naruto
they say "KUSO!!!!!" almost all the time

hahaha it's so funny when a thread goes too offtopic, as in the old times

渾て獨りぼっちだから

Last edited by Lena-chan : 2007.12.14 at 08:21 AM.
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.14, 04:29 PM   #107
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I considered things like "Kuso!" and "Chikusho!" but they reallllly don't convey the same magic as "Fuck that" does. They're more like "Shit!" and "Damn!" and that's not the same as "Fuck that."
Old 2008.02.25, 11:00 AM   #108
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

It lacks of importance now, but I always wanted to talk 'bout that XD... At the begining of "Yattsuke Shigoto", the English-speaker girl says "in 1921" (nineteen twenty-one), and then, the Spanish girl (that looks like a South-American one, though) says "en 1821" (mil ochocientos veintiuno).

It's funny (well, not much, but curious at least).
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.25, 07:13 PM   #109
frecklegirl
apple-princess

Hahaha. Yeah. And now that I'm learning German, I can pretty much hear how bad the German speaking girl's pronunciation is (I think MBF and others first pointed this out). I would be really surprised to find out she was actually a native German speaker (or has even really studied it!).

Cause she's supposed to be saying "Das ist...", right? But it sounds like "Das Eis" (ice cream) XDD
Old 2008.02.27, 08:10 PM   #110
zach

zach has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Pretty sure she's saying "Das heiß," which one of my German-major friends said made sense, although I forgot her explanation. So I did a little poking around and found a site listing "das heiss" as synonymous with "das ist" (and "das heißt").

Don't know Japanese, but sing along anyway
my mp3 list
zach is offline   Reply With Quote