Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.02.29, 07:35 PM   #1
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer
Unhappy The Lips!

Ok, we've joked about it since the Osca vid...but she really did Colagen up her lips didn't she??

Whyy on earth would she do this? 29 year olds

DON'T

NEED

Cosmetic Surgery.

I know I joke about her being the oldest 29 year old on earth by how she carries herself. But maybe Shiina really believes this.

I'm lookin at the Spa tour vid and comparing with EM, and it seems to be the case.

29 years old is nothing, I don't think there was a single same person on earth that said Shiina was lookin ragged. By this logic, all of us are nearing our twilight years too.

Maybe Shiina really is insane. And not the good kind of insane.

(OT, i dont want to take away from the lips but the Spa vid is probly the saddest thing I've seen ever. Not sad as in sorry or weak, but depressing and saddening. Maybe its just the EM juxtaposition. But Shiina looks like she's not even there. I mean, she was distant in EM, but you could tell its her theatrics and junk or whatever. In Spa it looks like she literally wants to die on stage rather than perform.)

EDIT 2: I seriously think theres something up with Shiina. Like some sort of psychological thing. Confidence? I dunno. But I'm totally convinced theres something wrong with her or bugging her (at least during last year) -- and no this isnt Jihad being a jerk cutting someone down for making less than good music. Like I'm really concerned. Really guys. Watch the vid, I cant be that crazy.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.02.29 at 08:03 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.29, 09:45 PM   #2
RollOverHobo

RollOverHobo pleased at least somebody

maybe she's lost her "mojo" and doesn't know how to get it back which is why she's been making all the whacked decisions (not writing any songs...) in the attempt to find it ....hope she finds it soon >_>

EDIT: I thought they lips were just over glossed....but I wouldn't know much about collagened lips '

Last edited by RollOverHobo : 2008.02.29 at 09:47 PM. Reason: hamtaro *.*
RollOverHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.01, 12:54 AM   #3
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

err... I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I can't see any actual reason to assume, Ringo'd have had her lips colagenized

sounds more like the typical, american "cosmetic surgery-paranoia" to me... sorry... ^^"
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.01, 01:17 AM   #4
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

I spent a lot of time on subways in Tokyo in the past two days. Saw a lot of lips. Shiny, glossy, goopy lip-up seems to be in, with some Tokyo girls, these days.
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.01, 01:50 AM   #5
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Well, she could have done it. What's the big deal? It's not like you are supposed to tell her what she can or can not do.
Anyway, I don't think she did anything to her lips, other than the glossy thing.
Also, I would like to know how you came up with that idea about Spa. Maybe it was from her smiling to the public. She was probably like "I'm just gonna Marunouchi-dance my way out of the stage!".
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.01, 06:50 AM   #6
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Does lip gloss make one's bottom lip look more "protrude-some"?

Whats the big deal? I think out of anything people could complain about Shiina, I think her face would have been the last. If she really did, then I can't help but feel baffled. 29! If its the case, doesnt anyone else think thats fucked up? Desperate ladies in their 40's, its unfortunate but one can imagine what they think. The only 29 year olds that get cosmetic surgery are ones whose faces got deformed somehow. Thats prime-time.

If not then shes gotta lay off the gloss, cuz it looks like she got stung on the lips by a bee.

To the usual "you can't tell people what to do" sentiment ,it's more that she would think she needed that done in the first place! Which relates more to my second edit (which is the more important point, but i didn't arrive on it til later)
Old 2008.03.01, 07:26 AM   #7
Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya pleased at least somebody

Hey, if I was in the spotlight like her, I can't say I wouldn't get dong enhancements so that you could see it running down my tight pant leg.
Tsuchiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.01, 10:16 AM   #8
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Read my lips.
Old 2008.03.01, 10:30 AM   #9
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by MBF View Post
sounds more like the typical, american "cosmetic surgery-paranoia" to me... sorry... ^^"
What's American cosmetic surgery paranoia? No one goes around being paranoid about whether those around them have gotten plastic surgery. ???? Yeah, you might speculate "Oh, has she gotten some work done?" but that's not paranoia, and in NO WAY does everyone do it.

And America isn't the only place where plastic surgery/"corrective" procedures happen. Need I bring up the example of short Chinese people undergoing procedures to make them taller?? Or female genital mutilation in Africa (which definitely qualifies as a cosmetic thing)? People WORLDWIDE want to correct their bodies.

I guess this is just typical, American defensiveness though. 9_9 Forget if it's actually not true or anything reasonable like that...
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.01, 04:34 PM   #10
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Can you provide some visual evidence to back the claim?

Where is TMZ Japan when you need it?
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote