Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.03.29, 06:40 AM   #561
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
They're really worth it. If you liked Amplitude, then imasgine it being 10 times more fun. It's by the same guys, Harmonix. I'm sure you could find GH2 pretty cheap now though...
I can get GH2 + Guitar for 65€, GH 1 + 2 + Guitar for 80€. That's still more than I'd pay for any other game...
I don't think I'll buy it in the next time.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.29, 07:15 AM   #562
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I do think it's worth it though. You're getting more than just a game; you're getting the guitar too and it's a much better experience than what you can get with, say, a pad in Amplitude. It's really popular for a reason; because people get addicted and play for hours which makes it worth the price, in my eyes. Plus, remember, you only need one Guitar then you can buy the other games just as discs for a small price.

Then when you get addicted, you can crave Rock Band and join our band.
Old 2008.03.29, 07:27 AM   #563
golem09

The GH Hero Guitar is compatible to rock band, isn't it?
Well I'd still have to buy GH 1+2 for PS2 and then GH3+Rock Band for 360. That's too much money for a music game. I think I'd buy it if GH1+2 were available for the 360

MyAnimelist
Old 2008.03.29, 07:31 AM   #564
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

You don't need to buy them all :p Guitar Hero 2 is available for the 360 so just get that. Upgrade to 3 if you really want, though 2 is better in my opinion. Plus I prefer the X-Plorer Guitar that comes with GH2 360 to the GH3 Guitar in terms of feel.

And yes, you'll be able to use your GH2 Guitar with Rock band.

Guitar Hero 2 360 with Guitar = 59€ on Amazon.de

Edit: Shit, my Xbox Live gold just ran out. Oh well, I'll have it topped up before I get it back from repair anyway.

Last edited by Inaudible-Whisper : 2008.03.29 at 07:34 AM.
Inaudible-Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.29, 10:47 AM   #565
golem09

Oh, I've only seen GH3 for the 360.
But I'm still thinking about buying 1+2 for the PS2, because I hate to miss things (GH1) and with a PS2 Version I could be able to play with my best friend, if he buys the game, too.

And XBox Live is another thing...
I don't have gold, and I don't think that I'll buy it just for GH

MyAnimelist
Old 2008.04.04, 02:37 AM   #566
golem09

I finally ordered Guitar Hero 2 online. And because I found too much money on my bank account, I rushed into the next gamestop and bought Guitar Hero 3 the same day (Tuesday)
Now I'm waiting for my second guitar (with GH2) to arrive

I played it on medium, found it too hard, then played on easy. After 3 concerts I was really bored of the difficulty and changed to medium. I played through the game in medium and started hard yesterday evening. I was shocked and thought that it will be a pain in the ass to play further and that I'd need to use practice for every single song to be able to play it with a decent rating.

Today I went on in hard, played the first four concerts and I must admit that it's about 5 times more fun than medium

The first guitar battle was cool. On easy I gave up after about 10-15 times failing against tom. On Medium I beat him after 3-5 tries, and now in hard I just needed about one third of the song to finish him ^^

Lots of fun

Because there is still too much money, I'll go and buy Rock Band as soon as it's released. ES still has no date for Rock Band in Europe, but it seems as if the 360 version (yay) will be out much sooner than all the others (logic?)

Today I got some insider information that EA plans to release the 360 version on May 25th, which would be greaaat! news.
All the other version seem to come out in septermber.
Yeah, EA just doesn't want to make money....

EDIT: Double post, but look how the mood changes! That deserves another post

MyAnimelist

Last edited by golem09 : 2008.04.04 at 02:45 AM.
Old 2008.04.08, 01:51 AM   #567
golem09

Ok, this is just ridicuoulus.

Rock Band will be out in Germany on May 23rd. The 169€ package with all the instruments will be there. But not the game.
Yes, we will have to buy the game seperately, which makes 169€ + 69€ for the game. 240€? This is more than insane!!!!
Importing the US Version of Rock Band would be about 110€ + shipping. SO for Europe they DOUBLED THE PRICE?!?!

Screw you EA I wanted to buy the full package, but now I'll shit on your guitar. I'll try to get the game, the drums and the mic, screw you

What's next? 10€ per downloaded song and no compatibility with GH guitars?

MyAnimelist

Last edited by golem09 : 2008.04.08 at 02:05 AM.
Old 2008.04.08, 05:12 AM   #568
Inaudible-Whisper

That really does suck! Why on Earth would they do that? Oh well, I await the day of it's release so I can get my drums repaired and buy a PAL copy of the disc.

As for DLC, as far as I know it's region free (I'll check it works with the PAL game just to be sure and let you know) and if it is I HIGHLY recommend making a US gamertag, and buying 4000 points from America at eBay.com. I don't know about Germany, but in Britain it's £20 for 2100 points. On eBay I can get 4000 American points for just over £20 so it's a much better deal, and the points code is sent via email so it's an instant transaction. The DLC can also be used on any Gamertag, so any song you buy with your American account can be played with any gamertag on your console.
Old 2008.04.08, 08:16 AM   #569
golem09

can I also use and 12 month abo code from america? that would be cool

And can I play with european players via an us account?
Well I guess I would have to give up my normal account with all my contacts and gamescores just to play online then?

Hmm, the german live aacounts are available for the same price as the us, so that doesn't matter anymore

And when I buy DLC with my US account and download it, can I then use the DLC with my normal account ingame?

I checked ebay.com and found offers of 50$ per 4000points, which would be about 31€ or 25 GBP

MyAnimelist

Last edited by golem09 : 2008.04.08 at 08:32 AM.
Old 2008.04.08, 08:36 AM   #570
Inaudible-Whisper

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
can I also use and 12 month abo code from america? that would be cool
The codes are region locked. If you buy an American 12 month Xbox Live gold code, you can only use it to activate an American gamertag. Just buy a 12 month gold Europe card, you can still play with people worldwide.

And can I play with european players via an us account?
Xbox Live is a global service. Everybody can play everybody. Just make sure you buy a 12 month gold card from your country so you can activate it on your gamertag.

Well I guess I would have to give up my normal account with all my contacts and gamescores just to play online then?
No, keep your usual account. Play Rock Band with it, play online with it. You'll only need an American account for DLC purchases if you're going to use an American points card.

And when I buy DLC with my US account and download it, can I then use the DLC with my normal account ingame?
Yes, I've bought about 60 DLC songs using an American account and an American points card but I play these songs and I play online using my traditional British gamertag. You won't need to give up your current gamertag to play online or play DLC, the American account will be primarily for downloading using an American points card because it's cheaper.

I checked ebay.com and found offers of 50$ per 4000points, which would be about 31€ or 25 GBP
If that's a significant advantage in comparison to German prices, then I'd go the American account route. If the prices are similar, just buy German points. Either way, you can play the DLC and play online with your current gamertag.