Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.11.25, 12:54 PM   #411
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

I would guess that HZM + Ukigumo will be at the 5 shows over the next month. It's not like it's a huge commitment akin to joining a band full-time or anything.

So we're basically going to get Tokyo Jihen Phase 3.

Last edited by thefro : 2014.11.25 at 02:22 PM.
thefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.25, 01:28 PM   #412
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I don't like Ringo wearing glasses and black dress, remind me of that nerdy girl from Stranger On A Train.

Originally Posted by thespidereggs View Post
The great thing about SR as an artist, though, is that even with a dud like Sunny...
So Sunny is a dud now? Fuck me.

Originally Posted by thespidereggs View Post
PS anyone else noticed SR's vocals are quickly approaching Chara status? (Not that I mind - I like Chara)
I don't know what you mean by Chara status. Vocals on Sunny are pretty mellow compare to those high-pitched vocals on Education, as well as early solo songs.

Originally Posted by thefro View Post
I would guess that HZM + Ukigumo will be at the 5 shows over the next month. It's not like it's a huge commitment to joining a band full-time or anything.
Are you reaching your conclusion from your own guess?

Also, how many full-time bands have you been working in to know it's not a huge commitment?

Last edited by Inseu : 2014.11.25 at 01:48 PM.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.25, 02:20 PM   #413
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Inseu is a related artist confirmed.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.25, 02:37 PM   #414
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Inseu View Post
Are you reaching your conclusion from your own guess?

Also, how many full-time bands have you been working in to know it's not a huge commitment?
Sorry, I thought I put an "akin" in my initial post, but I didn't (I edited it since). It's not akin to joining a full time band. Playing 5 shows in a touring band for SR isn't a big project that would prevent HZM from doing anything else he wants to do as a professional musician. I don't think he'd show up for 3-4 TV appearances randomly as part of the same core group of musicians if he wasn't going to do that handful of live gigs as well.

The end result is we'll get some cool live performances that probably will sound a lot like TJ in spots.
thefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.25, 03:20 PM   #415
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

For Uki at least, it's PAYING work :-p

Probably includes meals too...
Old 2014.11.25, 03:54 PM   #416
thespidereggs

thespidereggs is an asset to this community

So Sunny is a dud now? Fuck me.
Haha. I mean, relative to precedent set by SR herself. Compare the response on this forum to SG's upcoming release to Sunny. Then again, I admit that comparing present SR to past SR is getting very tiring.

I don't know what you mean by Chara status. Vocals on Sunny are pretty mellow compare to those high-pitched vocals on Education, as well as early solo songs.
As in squeaky. I.e. listen to 2:50 on Shizuka Naru Gyakushū and 2:45 on Hashirewa Number. Nothing major, just something I've noticed as she gets older.
thespidereggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.25, 04:34 PM   #417
Inseu

I think her voice is more monotonous these days, and definitely more mature. When I first heard Kenka Joutou, she sounded like an angry young woman. After a few baths in the hot spring with Sayuri Ishikawa, she sounds like a happy mother on Cross The Equator.
Old 2014.11.25, 04:36 PM   #418
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

^How is having a monotonous voice a good thing? I feel you mean to say 'restrained' maybe... but still, not always a good thing. She does sound better than on Daihakken though.

While Uki discussion is kinda in the air, I got sent this and wish Ringo had done the same thing (TO ANY JIHEN MEMBER WHO WAS STEPPING OUT OF LNE/STEALING THE SPOTLIGHT)
https://vine.co/v/O1jPJK0Z2nr

Yeah. You saw that.

Talking about Hard Disk on another thread made me realise that we coulda probably expected Uki/HZM team up for this tour anyway, what with their forgotten duet song Bon Voyage (yeah I bet you all forgot it) and all. Wonder if they'll make listeners sit through that masterpiece (:-p if you missed the sarcasm) when it comes to that time in the show when Ringo changes hats....

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.11.25 at 08:07 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.26, 08:14 AM   #419
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Only if Kameda and Hata return. :p Kameda is obviously a possibility, but I can't see Hata coming back.

It would just feel a little odd to me if she went with Uki instead of Nagoshi now. Nagoshi's been her dude since 2008. Starting with the Ringo Expo, SG and all the TV/live performances until now. He even played a good chunk of the tracks on Sunny.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if it is Uki if HZM is also there. HZM brings out the best in everybody.
Old 2014.11.26, 02:47 PM   #420
Inseu

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
^How is having a monotonous voice a good thing? I feel you mean to say 'restrained' maybe... but still, not always a good thing. She does sound better than on Daihakken though.
I didn't say it's a good thing...On old songs like Honnou, she could switch from sultry crooning to high-pitched wailing, the way she used her voice were more versatile. Now she sounds like pretty much the same.