Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2013.08.22, 02:48 PM   #11
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I pray she does early Spring for 2014, because that's when I might be going to Japan (well, April to be precise)
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.08.22, 02:57 PM   #12
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

^I'll (hopefully) go to Japan in the same time of year too, If se'll be doing shows in this time I'll surely be going
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.08.22, 05:55 PM   #13
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I hear you need crazy amounts of ID for these tix including Jap passport?
Old 2013.08.23, 12:15 AM   #14
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

It's ridiculous. It's as if they read this forum and decided to keep out potentially non-Japanese fans :p
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.08.23, 03:06 AM   #15
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

No, that's false information. It lists on the fanclub website what types of ID they will accept and "resident card (alien registration card)" is one of them, AKA the card issued to and carried by all long-term foreigners in Japan by law. They are not trying to keep out foreigners

Also, the ID is required for when you enter the venue, not when you buy the tickets. I thought this was a way to prevent scalping and if it is, it's a pretty good policy. I hate seeing how high the costs go on third-party sites.

And guys, I REALLY don't think she'll be doing spring 2014 shows. Remember, Expo was in 2008, her 10th anniversary. It's been 5 years without a solo show. She's basically only doing the ones now because it's her 15th anniversary. She didn't even do shows to promote SG. It's basically like Ringo has to be dragged kicking and screaming to do solo concerts. After this, I'm pretty sure this is it for a while. Don't pin your hopes on anything after this.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.08.23, 04:14 AM   #16
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
No, that's false information. It lists on the fanclub website what types of ID they will accept and "resident card (alien registration card)" is one of them, AKA the card issued to and carried by all long-term foreigners in Japan by law. They are not trying to keep out foreigners .
Not all us foreigners are "long term" though... Nevermind.

If you are right about a long wait till next tour... It'll be her 20th ANNIVERSARY anyway ;-p

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.08.23 at 04:17 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.08.23, 11:15 AM   #17
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

If I go, it will be for a University semester, so 4-5 months. I wonder if I will get any ID for that?

Aw well, I won't be able to see her then. I definitely want to see A concert in Japan though, does anybody know of a website that tracks concert/tour/festival dates in Japan? Maybe some other band I like will be playing.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.08.23, 02:37 PM   #18
deadgrandma

Just look what's on at Shinjuku Loft. Jun Togawa plays there a lot even now. A lot of smaller bands and new names too. Not to mention its Shinjuku Loft, sooo many epic live recordings I own from Guernica to Aunt Sally were recorded there. That and they give out sampler CDs and stuff.
Old 2013.08.23, 06:42 PM   #19
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Spring 2014 would be a great time for a concert, if it happens. I hope it does!
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.08.23, 07:35 PM   #20
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

The resident card for long-term residents is ONE form of ID they will accept. A passport is also acceptable. So if you were visiting Japan for the show, you'd use your passport. You just have to bring it to the venue. THAT'S IT. The only reason I mentioned the card is because I was trying to prove "Hey, they listed a form of ID only foreigners carry. This means they aren't purposely trying to keep out foreigners or whatever." It wasn't like "only long-term residents can go." You can go. You just need a passport. How is that trying to keep anyone out??

No longer relevant to the concert but Turtle, for your information: 4-5 months is longer than the 3 months you can stay in Japan on a tourist visa, so you will be entering the country on a student visa (which are issued in years so even if you'll only be there 4-5 months it will be for 1 year). So if you are entering at Narita, Osaka, any big airport, you will be issued your resident card upon arrival in Japan. Then after you get to where you'll be living, you will go to the city or ward your residence is located in and register yourself and they'll write your address on the back of that card.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote