Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2014.04.24, 09:52 PM   #161
anonlurker

She's the new Tsunku.
Old 2014.04.25, 03:19 AM   #162
Rhea

Rhea is headed in the right direction

She must be very happy with all these idol related jobs she's been getting lately.

I'm assuming that next on her list will be an Oomori Seiko produced idol group, which I would totally 100% be okay with. I've been longing for some female idol producers...

As long as she still has time to focus on her solo career as well
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.25, 04:53 PM   #163
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

This is awesome. I got one of the Japanese guys in my dorm into Oomori
He had a lot of interesting comments about the Japanese perspective. He knows I love Shiina Ringo but hasn't heard much of either of their work, but he immediately said Oomori reminded him of Shiina.
Oomori has a sort of "scary" type feel. Him and my roommate (also Japanese) burst out laughing when they read Mahou's full album title. "KOWAII YO" etc.
Anywyas, he gave me some comments on Shinjuku. We searched the internet a little and we found out even Japanese people aren't sure of the meaning
The pocket tissues are 100% referring to advertisements that people hand out in places like Shibuya and Harajuku, btw. He doesn't know what Jump Spring Smart is either. He says the general tone of the song is not that Oomori is different from other girls in general, but specifically different from OTHER FEMALE SINGERS. Holy shit guys, it's a DISS SONG.
According to him, she's saying that all the other singers are just popular based on their looks, cute faces etc, but Oomori is putting her genuine feelings into her music.
(We literally stayed up for like 4 hours talking about music, it was awesome btw)

EDIT: I also showedhim a little Tamahime-sama and told hima bout you DG. He thinks you are very interesting
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.25, 06:16 PM   #164
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Don't know whether creepy or flattering...

So I'm not going insane at least, more proof that Oomori is the real deal and isn't to be taken lightly. Cool. :-p
Old 2014.04.26, 07:14 AM   #165
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Liked hearing about Oomori from a Japanese perspective. Thanks, Turtlefu.

I would say that the majority of my Japanese friends definitely don't know about the Japanese artists I know. They're always surprised I know more about Japanese artists than they do. I guess it's similar to listening to any sort of "underground" or "indie" band from anywhere else; the majority of people aren't going to know who they are.

EDIT: Jetset appears to be restocked with the Mahou Ga LP. Getting it NOW. Only $35? Niiiiiice. Glad I got it now instead of waiting and possibility getting gouged elsewhere.

Last edited by FadedSun : 2014.04.26 at 09:10 AM.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.26, 04:10 PM   #166
anonlurker

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
Liked hearing about Oomori from a Japanese perspective. Thanks, Turtlefu.

I would say that the majority of my Japanese friends definitely don't know about the Japanese artists I know. They're always surprised I know more about Japanese artists than they do. I guess it's similar to listening to any sort of "underground" or "indie" band from anywhere else; the majority of people aren't going to know who they are.

EDIT: Jetset appears to be restocked with the Mahou Ga LP. Getting it NOW. Only $35? Niiiiiice. Glad I got it now instead of waiting and possibility getting gouged elsewhere.

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered a copy. Now I just need Pink and Kimi to Eiga to come back.
Old 2014.04.26, 04:23 PM   #167
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Pink... Maybe, (Oomori only mentioned Mahou Ga in her tweet about LPs, PINK also was the one to say "limited edition" on the cover...) Kimi to Ega... No chance (Rhions website has it listed as "Sold Out"- only 150 copies were pressed, assholes) :-(

You guys pls lemme know if yours are 180gm or not too. It's exactly the same listing so fingers crossed for you that they are.

Fingers and toes crossed future LPs are listed on Amazon.

Edit: BTW, count yourselves lucky. Mahou Ga sold out already.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.04.26 at 10:24 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.27, 07:34 AM   #168
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Nope. I wasn't lucky. I got an email this morning saying it sold out and I didn't get one. Even though when I bought it Jetset didn't say they were out of stock. I'm pretty annoyed right now. That's bullshit, actually. I don't understand how I didn't get one when I placed my order while it was still available.

Last edited by FadedSun : 2014.04.27 at 07:45 AM.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.27, 07:56 AM   #169
anonlurker

I may be in a similar boat. No email as such but my card hasn't been charged. I'm guessing when they wake up in Japan I'll get an email too.

That LP was mine for a small time and it was wonderful.
Old 2014.04.27, 05:55 PM   #170
deadgrandma

Total feels for you guys... that's like dangling a steak infront of a dogs nose just to take it away.

JETSET are fucking weird like that- especially with second hand stuff. I think all the items they list on their website are in their stores- so if they sell out before the internet order is finalised, then too bad. I'm guessing then, that Mahou Ga were the leftovers from Record Store Day, perhaps they never had them to start with by the time the 'shopping cart' image got to their site. Who knows.

However, if you do end up having to go Y!A, I've seen Mahou Ga going around 4.000 yen average now, PINK is still asking around 6,000 though :-/. The single is around 3,000. I don't consider these prices theirselves too ridiculous- but then you have to think of the goddamn deputy fees + domestic/international shipping to deputy services warehouse + international shipping to your place + potential customs charges on top. The two records could end up costing you almost 20,000 yen even if you do get them at "reasonable" prices. It's just daylight robbery. All those assholes have to do is click a button.

I pray that one day there will be an Ebay Japan, or all Amazon Marketplace stuff will have international shipping options.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.04.27 at 06:02 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote