Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.04.27, 01:55 AM   #51
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

And it's "Hiyori Hime".
Old 2009.04.27, 02:55 AM   #52
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
(not the reissue of best with shoujo robot. ALSO, no one has confirmed it is shoujo robot, it probably is, but no one has gone on the record yet)
the track list is here on natalie and it is shoujo robot. It also has the cover of Shoujo Robot single in HQ if anyone is interested.

they also added the track listing for TORIDORI with full songwriting/arrangement info.
Old 2009.04.27, 03:45 AM   #53
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
木槿 this is mukuge.
木蓮 this is mokuren.

The title of the track is 木蓮のクリーム and so far as I know there is only one reading, "mokuren."

So yeah the kanji look similar but they're not.
okay, if we are going to get technical, lets get technical ;;whips out dictionary;; 木蓮 is actually read "hachisu" and means "rose of Sharon; Hibiscus syriacus" but according to my other dictionary can also be read as BOTH mukuge and mokuren. 木槿 comes up in my dictionary that listed the hachisu as the other compound as "mukege"  in fact, it would seem that 蓮 itself is hachisu or just hasu and means "lotus" and 槿 "mukuge" means rose of Sharon, or hibiscus.

I just asked my Japanese boyfriend who is sitting here and he thinks it is probably either mokuren or mukuge, but he says they are all extremely similar, if not the same, type of flower and it doesn't make a difference.

so EXCUUUUUSEEEEE me.

and Hiyori Hime, Hime Hiyori, does it really matter? If I had my way I'd just fucking type it in Japanese and then I'd get it right rather than walk around and use romaji for the people who can't speak Japanese so sorry that I made a mistake

according to that website, btw, the version of mokuren no cream included is noted as being the original version and not the remix

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.04.27 at 04:05 AM.
Old 2009.04.27, 04:33 AM   #54
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

And the academy award for overeacting goes tooooo...
Ah, forget it, everybody knows who it goes to.

You don't need to be sorry for making a mistake but should you really be obnoxious to anyone who corrects it in a harmless way? God knows how many times you corrected me in the past.

On-Topic: I don't like Tomosaka Rie's voice, sue me xP
I bet it's going to sound PUFFYish btw.

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2009.04.27 at 04:52 AM.
Old 2009.04.27, 02:08 PM   #55
kuro_neko

frecklegirl's correction was something that was valid because if I had the actual romaji for the song wrong, then it is worth mentioning. the difference between hime hiyori and hiyori hime isn't going to stump anyone, just scroll through the PUFFY thread and try and count the amount of times either comes off. I don't care if you think I'm overreacting, I try to correct people when it is clear they are making an obvious mistake or in times when misinformation might lead to massive rumour outbreaks. this forum tends to take an inch and stretch it a mile so official information needs to be translated correctly and efficiently.

so sue me, I'm a bitch sometimes. I just thought you were being nitpicky for no reason, nuff said.

back on topic:

I generally agree that her jihen music is going to sound like variety left overs. not sure about ringo's music. Also, whoever wrote that Ringo wrote and arranged a song entirely by herself was a little off. She wrote the lyrics and music for one song, but it was arranged by her and izawa (it probably has complex piano?) and then the other one was written by her and arranged by Jihen. So technically speaking there is no entirely Ringo song on the album.
Old 2009.04.28, 12:54 PM   #56
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Shinji is becoming my forum-crush.
Old 2009.04.28, 01:43 PM   #57
kuro_neko

I always knew you liked cock...
Old 2009.05.01, 08:09 PM   #58
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I don't see how that is forum appropriate.
Old 2009.05.02, 06:34 AM   #59
Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya pleased at least somebody

Haha!

edit: BTW, I'm looking forward to arguing with all of you once Shiina's album comes out.
Old 2009.05.02, 09:34 AM   #60
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ About what exactly? Are you assuming everybody will hate it or that you will? No/less Ukigumo already makes it better than Adult and Variety.

I have never listened to Rie so I have no comment on her.