Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.05.04, 04:46 PM   #1
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts
Default Shiina Ringo 1978-2007, you will be missed

Ok so it's not true. I'm just writing this cause I had the thought. What would you do/feel like, if Ringo would die in these days?

I haven't really thought about it ever before like 20 minutes ago, when I got the idea to write this topic. And, I guess it might be a weird thing but as for me, 15 years ago (or something) Kurt Cobain died. He was my first "idol" and at that time (when he died)... Nirvana was my first band. But even though he died, I can't remember that I reacted in any special way. All I was, was I cashed in my live ticket (they were gonna play at Globen@Stockholm). I see today how much that ticket would be worth. Maybe not in monetary value, but in affectionary. Anyway. Back on topic...

If Ringo died today, what would you do? Die with her?Write a song about her? Stop listening to Ringo/Jihen? Or just go on? Or??

Discuss.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.04, 04:54 PM   #2
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

What I definitely know is that the prices of the stuff at Yahoo Japan Auctions is going to skyrocket like crazy and Glath will make a killing selling all his stuff away.

I wonder what her funeral will be like though. Maybe they will play Souretsu...

But frankly, I don't know how I'll react to it. I guess I'll find out when that happens. (Not that I want her to die so early... she still has yet to redeem herself.)
Old 2007.05.04, 05:51 PM   #3
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

on Xmas I dreamed something alike

Lena's dream:
I was on a jungle O.o eating banana O_O' with my printer O_______O
so a fax o.o' came from RJ(now EM forums) it was a scan from various journals/magazines of many countries... all saying basically "TRAGEDY ON FAMOUS JAPANESE SINGER LIFE"
and I was so...dunno...afraid?! when I take a look on one of these magazines's covers and I was like "so...? it's nothing wrong with her ¬¬ it's nothing... OMG O___________O HOW COULD I DIDN'T SEE IT BEFORE??????"
she was without her legs, her arms and a half of her body
basically she had only breast and above, and her face was so old and tired
so I start to crying and screaming in my dream
and then I wake up n_n
crying and screaming, and awakening all my family

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.04, 09:30 PM   #4
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I dont even want to think about this. It is going to suck when all my favorite famous people get old/die. Such as athletes retiring and musicians stopping the music making. So sad.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.04, 09:42 PM   #5
Canto

Canto has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Actually from the moment I was hooked with SR's music I had the thought that she's the kind of artist who won't live long, cuz the talent & the energy she put in her music was much life-damaging (similar to the cellist's reaction when he heard Jacquilin Du Pre's cello performance).
It's kinda mean but i'm always 'ready' to accept her death. I also expect her death will come in her 27th year, along with other celebrated musical geniuses like Cobain, Hendrix and Janis Joplin. And it didnt happen back then. And i was like "She's having some compromise over her music, isn't she?"
Yes I've got my evil moments...
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.04, 09:46 PM   #6
Mr. Go-mahn

Mr. Go-mahn pleased at least somebody

Get plastic surgery done so I look exactly like Ringo.

Nah... I'd probably just be like "Oh, that's terrible!" and then do nothing but listen to her music for like a day. Nothing special or insane.
Mr. Go-mahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.05, 03:42 AM   #7
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

TERRIBLE POST JOnny!

I don't like to wake up and see some attention grabbing subject heading like that. A Better one would've been 'What if Shiina died?'

freaking gave me a heart attack 7:30 in the morning...
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.05, 04:08 AM   #8
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

When I read the thread titel I thought: "Nah, this ain't real. No smiles and no '!' "

Well, I think I would worship her even more. In an instant I would be everything I could find of here, every single, every DVD and so on, to not miss anything she left in this world.
Maybe I would kindle a candle in the evening while listening to Rakujitsu...

(I hope this doesn't become a morbid "Shiina Ringo's death song" thread)

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.05, 06:17 AM   #9
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Shiinas a dead girl. Miss her, miss her, MISS HER!

//play track 10 backwards.

However, if that was the case, it might wind up being the best career move. Maybe Kurt was right about quoting Neil Young, "It's better to burn out than to fade away." Nirvana is still revered as the best of that lot, where as some of the rest of that lot that were really-really big too are either looked over except in their own circles (Pearl Jam) or just sorta ignored (REM.)
Old 2007.05.05, 06:19 AM   #10
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
TERRIBLE POST JOnny!
Thanks!

I'm just saying that things like this happened, happens and will happen.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote