Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2012.11.11, 12:29 PM   #21
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

So I'm listening to this after a long time and it sounds now flawless to my ears. Even if it's just a short soundtrack (probably that's the reason), there is more cohesion and sense of integrity here than any of the three latest Tokyo Jihen albums, with the exception of The Heavy Metallic Girl, which ironically works A LOT better in context.

Special mention to What Did U Say: lively, vigorous, humorous and playful energy in the same vein as Omatsuri Sawagi but with a stronger samba vibe. I totally see Ringo singing this live in a Sanmon Gossip-y context, ending it with her distinctive final exclamation a la Genjitsu o Warau/Omatsuri Sawagi.
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.18, 02:03 AM   #22
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Does anyone actually know how limited this run was? (as in was there a certain number made?)

I see it's OOP and on Amazon.jp there's one used for 29,800 yen.

So glad I bought it when I did :-p

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2012.11.18 at 02:10 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.18, 11:04 AM   #23
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Sell it for high price and waste the money on women and booze.

Last edited by Inseu : 2012.11.18 at 03:53 PM.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.18, 05:20 PM   #24
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Normally I would buy releases like this right away, but normally I would have dispensable income too. This release caught me at a bad time.

I wouldn't take the prices at Amazon too seriously, though. Yahoo! Japan Auctions don't seem to have escalated quite that much. I have no doubt we'll be able to get this in 5 years for under 10,000 yen, even if the prices spike higher than that in the first 1-2 years. Doku Ichigo prices will rise and fall just like MoRA did (look at the prices today). I realize this is probably more limited than MoRA, but that doesn't mean there's enough demand to where the asking prices can continue to be ridiculously high for the rest of our pre-apocalyptic lives.
Old 2013.06.02, 08:13 AM   #25
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Carlx View Post
So I'm listening to this after a long time and it sounds now flawless to my ears. Even if it's just a short soundtrack (probably that's the reason), there is more cohesion and sense of integrity here than any of the three latest Tokyo Jihen albums, with the exception of The Heavy Metallic Girl, which ironically works A LOT better in context.

Special mention to What Did U Say: lively, vigorous, humorous and playful energy in the same vein as Omatsuri Sawagi but with a stronger samba vibe. I totally see Ringo singing this live in a Sanmon Gossip-y context, ending it with her distinctive final exclamation a la Genjitsu o Warau/Omatsuri Sawagi.
This. All of this.

Sorry for dredging up a wayward thread, but I've been out of the loop and only just caught up on the last four or five Ringo-centric releases a few days ago.

But yeah, this is gold, Jerry, gold. I'm actually gonna go out on a limb and say this is the best thing, on a whole, she's done since Adult. I dunno. I am a sucker for rearrangements of songs though, which is probably why I still don't hate MaruSadi yet.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.04.20, 11:22 AM   #26
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

Got a Ringohan email last night that said they were going to be selling the Doku Ichigo CD again through their website, starting at 4pm on April 28th Japan time.

The price is 2000yen, which was the price of the CD only version when it was originally sold on Kronekodow, so don't expect it to be the box set.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.04.24, 10:07 PM   #27
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I'm now starting to think this (in boxset form) is one of the rarest things in the Ringo collection. I still don't know anyone else that even owns it and the prices it goes for on Y!A are pretty ridiculous, around the 25,000 yen mark average seems to be the pattern at the end of auctions...

Any other EMF'er have it?

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.04.24 at 10:10 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.04.24, 11:48 PM   #28
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
I'm now starting to think this (in boxset form) is one of the rarest things in the Ringo collection. I still don't know anyone else that even owns it and the prices it goes for on Y!A are pretty ridiculous, around the 25,000 yen mark average seems to be the pattern at the end of auctions...

Any other EMF'er have it?
I have it - I picked up a used copy a few months back from Amazon Japan. The copy I got was only 8,100 yen (plus shipping) as it was in "good" condition, but it actually turned out to be a lot better than I had expected.

I kind of wish there was more information about the play out there...
zeroryouko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.04.25, 12:40 PM   #29
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by zeroryouko View Post
I kind of wish there was more information about the play out there...
The play was broadcast on WOWOW back in 2012, and they're replaying it on June 13th.

http://www.nodamap.com/site/news

Has that every shown up online?

Looking at the play's schedule:

http://www.nodamap.com/egg/schedule/

They had cameras filming something on February 12th of this year. I wonder if they were taping it for a video release.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.04.25, 05:15 PM   #30
deadgrandma

Feb 12 would have been when the show was in Paris...