Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions You MUST introduce yourself here before you may post throughout the rest of the community.

Old 2007.04.04, 08:01 AM   #31
milk

milk pleased at least somebody

On male vocalists:

Thom Yorke (Radiohead) is rather peculiar. Haunting vocals, almost like another instrument instead. Think Radiohead is the only band I like with a male vocalist.

There are a couple of Luna Sea tracks I like too. Echo and reverb can really make a voice sound impressive.

And then there's Jamiroquai. Hah Hah. I was completely fooled into thinking he was a she when I first heard "Virtual Insanity". I really like the "Travelling without moving" album. His recent stuff stinks though. The funkyness is all gone... :L

Oh, yes. There's also the (now defunct?) Japanese band, Rough Laugh. I have two of their albums and I love only the first one.

The rest of my music collection comprises of female vocalists. ()
Mostly mainstream artists like Diana Krall, The Cardigans (GT+LGBD=ear orgasm+emotional satisfaction), Garbage (used to love them), No Doubt, Dave's True Story, Dido (whatever happened to her? she's good!)
milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.04, 08:02 AM   #32
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I actually think its real cool theres so many fans that came from the kyoiku-era and on.
Old 2007.04.04, 08:56 AM   #33
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Aah! I'm another one of those who listen almost exclusively to female vocalists! Looking at my last.fm, I'd say the proportion is 80% female vocals and 20% male (probably more, because the results are not proportional to the rank of the artists, and the first male vocals come only at #15).

There's a radio show in town on which they play japanese indies/alternative, and I can't listen to it because their proportion is the opposite of mine. I can't stand it, even if they play the occasionnal SR/TJ/GoGo
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.04, 09:25 AM   #34
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by milk View Post
On male vocalists:
There are a couple of Luna Sea tracks I like too. Echo and reverb can really make a voice sound impressive.
Hey you trying to say that Ryuichi can't sing? He's one of the best vocalists there is out there!

Ditto your thoughts about Thom Yorke, that guy really knows how to use his voice. As for female vocalists, my favourites are Nina Persson (The Cardigans) and Yukimi Nagano (singing for Koop).
Old 2007.04.04, 11:41 AM   #35
Silverrime

Silverrime is headed in the right direction

Hey everybody. I've been a Ringo fan for about 4 months or so.

Like so many others it seems, Honnou was the song that innitialy hooked me. After that, I warmed up to her albums in coincidentally chronologicaly linear fashion.

I had been lurking the Ringo Jihen forums since January, but I'll try be more active here.
Silverrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.04, 11:45 AM   #36
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
As for female vocalists, my favourites are Nina Persson (The Cardigans)
Rep'd
Cardigans are so underrated.
Old 2007.04.04, 03:33 PM   #37
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Hey you trying to say that Ryuichi can't sing? He's one of the best vocalists there is out there!
No, no, no. He is the best vocalist out there. Male or female. Or at least he was. His Tourbillon stuff doesn't sound so hot and neither did his early Luna Sea vocals for that matter. However, Style-Lunacy was pure, hot vocal sex.
Old 2007.04.04, 03:42 PM   #38
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
No, no, no. He is the best vocalist out there. Male or female. Or at least he was. His Tourbillon stuff doesn't sound so hot and neither did his early Luna Sea vocals for that matter. However, Style-Lunacy was pure, hot vocal sex.
YESS! Finally someone who agrees that Style-Lunacy is Ryuichi at the height of his powers! My friends insist that his voice became worse after he went for vocal training, which is untrue, because it became smoother and more controlled, albeit a bit more nasal. I actually have seen people saying LUNACY sucks, oh what do they know!

Tourbillon stuff ain't that great you're right, they should get Sugizo back in there, and J and Shinya... Damn I really miss LS.
Old 2007.04.04, 06:52 PM   #39
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I ignore those people who prefer the original Ryuichi. I just laugh at them since it seems they're usually just VK fanboys/girls upset that Luna Sea as a whole went a little softer. I'll take the higher pitched voice with more control over the more aggressive voice any day.

I also love Lunacy, but not quite as Mother or Style. Outside of the singles, I think Shine is their worst album. It's not a bad album, but it was a step back from Style and Mother.
Old 2007.04.04, 09:48 PM   #40
justriiingo

Yeah I don't like Shine that much either. Good thing they had I for You in there if not the album would never have sold well!

To people who think Ryuichi's original voice is better, I give them a dose of Virgin Mary @ Final Act. Nothing gets better than that.

And to people who still insist SR sounds like a chicken, I give them Kokoro