Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The Basketball Thread (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=853)

Tokyo Jihad 2008.06.17 03:11 PM

Not to jump on wilson - as I have no horse in any race right now besides who the Spurs pick at 26 - but

cjhobbies00 2008.06.17 04:16 PM

Such harmony...how the hell did Phil Jackson, the "Zen" master, produce a team like this?

And Vlad didn't even flinch or give Kobe a scowl. Goes to show you the kind of player that Kobe is, not even Jackson criticizes him anymore. The post game interviews are all about what other players are doing wrong.

10:24 2nd quarter, House gets open for jumper, Farmer immediately bitches at Vujacic for missing assignment.

cjhobbies00 2008.06.17 07:29 PM

Amazing...several observations:

Great comeback from Rondo. He's been a liability in the past several games, but he was attacking constantly tonight, harassing Gasol and Kobe, steal after steal.

Seems like Vujacic (Machine? Damn straight, creaky legs and primitive AI) didn't learn anything from game 4, Allen destroyed him from the three (OMG, he just hit another wide open three...Who the hell do you give the series MVP to...).

Kobe, did he have ONE good game in this series??? My god, when was the last time a MVP stunk up the joint so bad. He freaking gave up, MJ never did that, hell...T-Mac would never do that.

And how the hell did the Lakers not burn the Celtics from the outside? Watching the Nets this season I saw them get burned night after night from the three point line due to soft double teams in the post. I don't even know how to label the Celts' defense on Kobe, I don't know what word comes after quadruple.
The Celtics are collapsing 5, FIVE, players on Kobe in the lane, the whole three point line should be wide open. But this wasn't the case, Celtics defenders got back to their man so quickly time and time again after Kobe passed up the ball.

Better luck next year Phil, and if they don't get it done next year with Bynum back, they should think about trading Kobe. A young talented Lakers team is being poisoned by Kobe's attitude.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.06.17 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 (Post 30294)
My god, when was the last time a MVP stunk up the joint so bad. He freaking gave up, MJ never did that, hell...T-Mac would never do that.

Dirk? Bolded for teh burn.
And eh, Kobe is still doing his job. Sure hes jacking up too many long 3's, but when he goes in he's still Kobe. However, as you said, 5 white jerseys are collapsing on him, knowing his team is, as I said, a bunch of soft white guys and Derek Fisher.

Its the Spurs-Curse. If you beat the Spurs, you on to be embarassed in the Finals. (04 Lakers, 06 Mavs, 08 Lakers)

I say give the mvp to Peirce

cjhobbies00 2008.06.17 08:06 PM

All three of those guys played great throughout, but no one should have any problem giving it to Pierce, stuck with the franchise so long through so much.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.06.17 08:11 PM

I'm waiting for Phil

cjhobbies00 2008.06.17 08:23 PM

muhaha, yea, let's see if he makes a feeble veiled attempt to criticize Kobe in the postgame conference.

Edit- Muhaha, Garnett is hilarious, you heard the guy shouting down the hall to the postgame interview.

Nimh 2008.06.17 09:00 PM

The local LA newsteam just said these words on the air:

"The Lakers have no reason to feel sorry about tonight's loss. They came within 2 games of winning the championship!"

:lol:

cjhobbies00 2008.06.17 09:04 PM

^ Only in L.A.

MUHAHAA, Brian Scalabrine Just sat at the interview podium. Kobe is suppose to be up there but he's keeping the media waiting.

Brian is questioning the writers on how they could pick the Lakers to win. Damn straight Veal! You tell those bastards off!

-Kobe is up on the stand, and the man is being a prick again. Short two-word answers. To every question.

kamikaze 2008.06.17 11:10 PM

Grats to the Celts, they definately proved me wrong by winning one in L.A.

And are you guys serious about Kobe? haha Are we not talking about Professional Sports? He and the Lakers will be fine. Pro Sports thrives on people just like Kobe. As long as he can play like a star, then everything else is fine. He fills up the arena, and when it's all said and done is loved by Laker fans and makes the organization lots of money. He even has a loyal band of haters who take things in an almost personal level. It's funny to think there is some sort of state of urgency here.