Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [TJ] 2020.04.08 News (CD) EP (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2314)

thespidereggs 2020.02.27 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slowdive (Post 100009)
Tour is still happening despite pretty much every other band’s tour being cancelled. Japanese government sent out guidelines recommending everyone to cancel events. But they’re offering refunds if you can’t or don’t want to go.

Good for the fans I suppose, although after what happened to Trish from Broadcast these circumstances are slightly worrisome. (It'll be fine.)

Anyway, look forward to hearing the new tune and all that. Based on the title, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess... spy theme? Does anyone have a read on the lyrics?

deadgrandma 2020.02.29 12:34 AM

Thoughts on the second single:

"Musically it's a 10, I love the solos. The band are giving it their all.

But... and this is a big but... Ringo seems half hearted here. Her delivery doesn't really sound wired to the rest of the band. Hopefully the live will be better.

Studio version as it stands overall: 6/10"

waranghira 2020.03.08 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 99994)
Hey we get a second Hata track. That's literally the most interesting thing about this one atm.

Holding out that it'd be the gem from all this, like his raccoondog cat song in their last EP/Maxi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scribble R (Post 99990)
it sounds like Ukigumo’s/Petrolz music with a ‘fun’ filter — and I fear that’s what the Tokyo Jihen sound is, at worst.

It shouldn't be TJ's sound, from all their discog, they're richer than that. :(
Speaking as a Petrolz fans as well.

thefro 2020.03.14 03:22 PM

The Scarlet Alibi

Probably everyone's already heard the second single, which is the SR-composed song.

deadgrandma 2020.03.14 03:35 PM

She really can only write spy songs now

kanzaki 2020.03.17 08:45 AM

I guess it's the only bizarre niche that no one else is in?

deadgrandma 2020.03.17 06:01 PM

Billie Eilish just released a better one

Osiris12345 2020.03.28 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 100020)
She really can only write spy songs now

Well, it's the theme song for the new Detective Conan movie so it kinda fits.

thespidereggs 2020.04.01 12:21 PM

Fresh PV!

Pretty cool for a 'comeback' PV, and digging the follow-up (or lead-up?) to the Niwatori to Hebi to Buta PV. (I guess this means SR and TJ are both canon? :P)

Definitely makes me appreciate the song more to see the guys rock out at the end. The track and space theme have pretty strong Discovery/Daihakken vibes, which makes me wonder if that were an intentional choice.

deadgrandma 2020.04.01 06:07 PM

I gotta say, whatever interest (excitement???) I had for this EP is kinda gone after the 3 songs we've heard from it. They're OK but the fun that made Jihen for me is all but gone, and Ringo sounds distant on all of them. I hope it's just premature impressions and it turns out good, but I'm thinking it's likely gonna be a worse EP than Color Bars at this stage.