Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shéna or Shiina? (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=168)

justriiingo 2007.04.27 03:19 PM

I call her SR.

Maou 2007.04.27 03:54 PM

^ I call her Ringo/hime or SR most of the time. I don't get the whole Shéna thing. I mean, why would you call her Shay-na, y'know?

Tokyo Jihad 2007.04.27 04:13 PM

two i's are cool. Shéna is too cumbersome to type so often. Plus, in my book that is pronounced "Shay-na" or "Sheh-na" and I know thats not what's desired. So, in my track record of being "more right" than the person themself: Shiina.

Also, I never ever call her Ringo. Cuz

justriiingo 2007.04.27 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 3099)
two i's are cool.

and three i's are even cooler. ^^V

Kasanagi 2007.04.27 08:57 PM

I love forums where people argue by reasoning and wiki :)

I think the whole crazy "é" thing is just SR being herself, Romaji structures and language itself has nothing to do with it, we may have to look up a meta-physic text book to explain this one...

Jer 2007.04.27 09:03 PM

She's like those people with engrish on their t-shirts.

pariscombo 2007.04.27 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus (Post 3048)
She hasn't been entirely consistent on the Romaji for her name.

Technically, you can't have true Romaji with accentuated characters. "Shiina" is the proper Romaji of her name, whether or not she chooses to acknowledge it. I also don't like the accentuation because it causes people to think of "Shéna" as a first name instead of a family name.

In my music file tags, I have everything in Kanji (including her name), except to be on a mutual basis of communicating with and understanding other people, I include the Romaji of the tracknames on the end in parenthesis as a bonus (the way tracks are listed in Review board threads). Most people who try to bundle the Kanji and Romaji together, put the Romaji there first, and I think that's a mistake because it messes with the symmetry.

As Glathannus said she didn't make a regular rule in romanizaing.(I've rarely seen that she used 'shiina ringo' in cd-covers or photos though)
She have used both 'Shena Ringo' and 'Shéna Ringö'. For example in Muzai Moratorium or Heisei Fuuzoku etc she used 'Shéna Ringö' on the cover, but in Honno or Dynamite tour pamphlet she used 'Shena Ringo'. And I also agree "Technically, you can't have true Romaji with accentuated characters. "Shiina" is the proper Romaji of her name, whether or not she chooses to acknowledge it." Personally I prefer Shena Ringo to Shiina Ringo because I knew it as Shena Ringo at first.

I think it's okay if its meaning only have to come to understanding for us.

badtzmaru 2007.04.28 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pariscombo (Post 3141)
She have used both 'Shena Ringo' and 'Shéna Ringö'. For example in Muzai Moratorium or Heisei Fuuzoku etc she used 'Shéna Ringö' on the cover, but in Honno or Dynamite tour pamphlet she used 'Shena Ringo'.

Oh, I guess they were too lazy to add the special characters, then? :huh:

Well, if Ringo was okay with it being just 'Shena Ringo,' then I guess that's how I'll write/type her name from now on. (Yay, it's easier than 'Shéna Ringö'! :D) For me, I'd just like write her name the way she spells it, I guess for fan-ish reasons. But yeah, what matters the most is that we all understand who we're talking about. :lol:

waxringo 2007.04.29 02:41 PM

i prefer sheena....haha cause that is my name. I usually type it as Shena

zarya 2007.04.29 05:34 PM

To me it looks stupid to romanize it as "She". The E in romanization doesn't have the same sound as I or II, however it looks like the english word which sounds more like the regular "shii" does. I don't know if I'm making any sense XD But since I consider her name in kanji to be her usual, consistant artist name and the most commonly used romanization for that name is Shiina Ringo, that's what I use.