Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [Yokoshima] 2002.04.10 - Georgy Porgy (Online) [Single] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=77)

badtzmaru 2007.05.10 01:16 PM

Oh, it is originally by TOTO. It seems like there's going to be another cover by Ryohei. o_o

HEDOfloe 2007.05.14 02:44 PM

This song is so funny :)

ShinjiPG 2008.10.21 04:31 AM

Junpei's voice in Georgy Porgy sounds so different from Kono Yo no Kagiri.
But I like this song <3

EDIT: Oh, wait. It's Ukigumo. It's cleary noticeable now.
Shiina Junpei only sings in the chorus (very subtle).

fluffiethesock 2009.04.01 05:42 PM

For anyone else who missed Shinji's comment (probably because of the edit), it's Ukigumo singing here. I was always under the impression that it was Junpei.

Orenji 2009.04.02 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG (Post 40527)
Junpei's voice in Georgy Porgy sounds so different from Kono Yo no Kagiri.
But I like this song <3

EDIT: Oh, wait. It's Ukigumo. It's cleary noticeable now.
Shiina Junpei only sings in the chorus (very subtle).

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 48704)
For anyone else who missed Shinji's comment (probably because of the edit), it's Ukigumo singing here. I was always under the impression that it was Junpei.

What o_O? Is Ukigumo the man singing in this song?! But... I thought only the Shiina brothers were involved in that song... :huh:

Glathannus 2009.04.02 04:44 AM

It's probably April Fools.

I'm pretty sure from hearing it alongside the other Junpei tracks I actually own (including at least one full album of his), that it's Junpei.

ShinjiPG 2009.04.02 04:46 AM

Now seriously, what the hell guys? Don't you recognize Uki's voice? Or, on the other hand, don't you recognize that it's not Junpei's voice?
You can find more info here.

pariscombo 2009.04.02 07:02 AM

It's "The Talented Mr. Ukigumo" thread.

Of course I didn't recognize it was Ukigumo till now. I also thought it was Junpei without doubt.

Ringo~Bingo 2009.04.02 07:17 AM

Me also, always assumed it was Junpei, never thought Uki could be so soulful sounding.

frecklegirl 2009.05.10 01:48 PM

I'm fairly sure when this song was originally released, it didn't cost money to download, and was simply available from Ringo's website (correct me if I'm wrong though). I actually visited Ringo's old EMI site during the dates when this song was available for download, as that was the exact time I first listened to her, and downloaded it there (in RealMedia format, if I recall correctly!). So I think it was always a free download, but I'm not positive.

I think the release of this online track, a cover, a month before a cover album kind of parallels "Karisome Otome (Death Jazz ver.)" being released before the Kono Yo physical single and HF. Kinda cool. It's like Utaite Myouri's single.