Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who owns Shiina stuff? (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=169)

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.20 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper (Post 32300)
I'm not ;)

^_^

I love you :wub:

pm me your address and i'll post you one at some point in the coming week :)

Inaudible-Whisper 2008.07.20 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringobingo (Post 32303)
pm me your address and i'll post you one at some point in the coming week:)

Really? Wow. You are awesome! :):):)

ShinjiPG 2008.07.20 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus (Post 32299)
This is my latest catch at Yahoo! Japan Auctions. This was all one auction.

Ok. Start scanning! :angry:

Seriously now, that's a lot of magazines. Great buy :)

Mr Sands 2008.07.22 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringobingo (Post 32169)
i'm glad i found this forum:) otherwise i would not have found out about all the 10th anniversary stuff and whatnot. i was kinda out of the Shiina loop for awhile and to be honest was kinda drifting away:( i was happy with all my downloaded mp3's and thought it was enough just to have "Just Can't Help It" on real DVD! but this forum gave me the "electrical Charge" needed to restart my adoration for Ringo.. funny how you can forget about all the stuff you love ? well i was spurned on to go support Shiina and buy everything i could possibly find!!! it's took about seven weeks to get where i currently am and i'm all the happier for it.. i used to think that my 192/256 k MP3's sounded great but after converting my collection to apple lossless and buying decent headphones i was blown away!! almost sounded like another artist it was that different (seriously) anyways thanks to all the forum members (Glath especially) for helping me to rediscover my love for Shiina!! near the end of next year will be my 10th anniversary of hearing her:lol: maybe i'll release something ?:P

heres where i am currently at (all the missing Jihen stuff is still in transit somewhere:()

Wow you must really have emptied your wallet to get hold of so much new stuff so quickly! I thought I was spending too much money on this stuff, but I salute you sir.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.22 05:39 PM

ahh.. (salute accepted) at ease!!
well it was kinda now or never and as i said this forum reinvigorated me so i just went for it!! besides i thought that the stuff may go out of print so i had to snap it all up as soon as.. the Zecchousuu set is gone now so i'll have to get it at auction so it's best to pay retail prices when you can.. it was not that expensive i think it was between £500/700 not sure cause i have not really counted.. still for what you get especially to have it lossless really makes it good value for me!:)

EDIT: actually about £400.00 maybe £550.00 + shipping though it's over £800.00 when i count multple copies i have bought for others and so on but still it is good value when put agains the cost of living overall!! my local shop charges £2.00 for a 1.5 litre bottle of Coke!! i wonder if the American members would be willing to pay $4.00 for a bottle.. by the way how much do you guys pay ? everything here costs a fortune:(

Inaudible-Whisper 2008.07.22 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringobingo (Post 32432)
my local shop charges £2.00 for a 1.5 litre bottle of Coke!!

It's not even that expensive here. Still bloody expensive though. £1.55 for a 2 litre bottle of coke. But the £1.55 is usually printed on every bottle, they can't charge more than advertised, surely?

Still, prices for most things are ridiculous. When I go out on a weekend, the cheapest pint you'll likely find in a club in Newcastle is £3. That's $6 for a glass of beer! Sheesh.

And don't get me started on Space Raiders being 15p instead of 10p

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.22 06:24 PM

what they do up here is get the multipack Coke and sell them as seperate!! even though it says multipack on it they sell them anyway at £1.99.. although on-line at Tesco you can get them for 3 bottles for £3.00 which is obviously better but it's a 24hr wait for delivery:( lol at the Space Raiders i have not seen them locally since i was 10:lol: i used to buy the Dinosaur 10p crisps the ones with the T-Rex on the pack and a Dinosaur fact on the back!! man a 5p rise on Space Raiders is a scandal!! it's one of those things that you always thought was certain ? but no longer 10p ~the times are a changing~

Inaudible-Whisper 2008.07.22 06:33 PM

Indeed they are. Anyway, back on topic. Best keep grand coke price debates to the random thread.

frecklegirl 2008.07.23 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringobingo (Post 32169)
Jonny..what is that white thing on the rack ? (the one that says merci) is that also a folder/leaflet ?

The apple is saying "Merci [thanks]. I want to get even more tasty." hahahaha how cute. I do want to know what it IS exactly though. It seems to just be announcing the display case and nothing else.

Mr Sands 2008.07.23 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper and ringobingo (Post 32433)
random moaning about prices in the UK.

I'm so glad I got out while the getting was good, 15p for Space Raiders is a disgrace.

Jonny 2008.07.23 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frecklegirl (Post 32454)
The apple is saying "Merci [thanks]. I want to get even more tasty." hahahaha how cute. I do want to know what it IS exactly though. It seems to just be announcing the display case and nothing else.

Mm yeah it's a message from Ringo to this shop, placed on this shrine. They have a couple of Ringo shrines in this one...

Jesse 2008.07.23 09:44 PM

Yay... (second hand) first press Tsumi to Batsu, Gunjyou Biyori, OSCA and Killer Tune found and bought! All from the same ebay seller (as well as 6 Ayumi albums).

*Prays for good condition*

Also a new copy of Adult (Homme version) on it's way... Now I just need first press Gips and Sounan. (And first press Adult Video, Senkou Shoujo, Electric Mole and the Seiteki Healings).

Edit: Just found first press Gips and Sounan on ebay as well =)

HEDOfloe 2008.07.24 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus (Post 32299)
This is my latest catch at Yahoo! Japan Auctions. This was all one auction.

Attachment 1322
Attachment 1323
Attachment 1324

And here's the craziest part:
The bidding closed at 1300yen!
(plus the international shipping charge will probably dwarf that - but still considerably cheaper than the magazines themselves)

Whoooaaaaa! I think that's the best I've seen. I don't really care for first presses too much if I already missed them, but those are just as valuable, if not more for me since you can still order non-limited editions of CDs but magazines are a whole different story. Good ish glath!

frecklegirl 2008.07.24 09:01 PM

Is there anyone who wants to buy my Sakuran promo DVD thing? They came out with two of these that had like a preview of the movie and the music in the months leading up to the release... this is the one released in November. Just seeing if there's any market at all for it, since I don't think I want/need it anymore.

Glathannus 2008.07.24 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frecklegirl (Post 32708)
Is there anyone who wants to buy my Sakuran promo DVD thing? They came out with two of these that had like a preview of the movie and the music in the months leading up to the release... this is the one released in November. Just seeing if there's any market at all for it, since I don't think I want/need it anymore.

To give those DVDs some credit, they are very uncommon on Yahoo! Japan Auctions nowadays. One of them for awhile was the exclusive way to get ahold of Karisome Otome (DEATH JAZZ ver,), and although these DVDs utilize Dolby compression in the neighborhood of 192kbps, it still comes out sounding far better than any of the MP3s floating around the internet, that were transcoded from the iTunes Japan-sold 128kbps AAC. The sound quality won't stack up to the HF DVD, but the Sakuran promo DVDs don't crossfade it amongst other songs either, plus the cinematography of the trailer is far better than the motion graphics. I personally prefer the promo DVD with Karisome Otome (HITOKUCHIZAKA ver.) instead, but either one is still a worthy collector item, even if I wouldn't quite put them on my top ten Cool Factor list.

Did I mention these DVDs are red? That's not in a Seteiki Healing Vol.1 sense - the actual data surface area is red.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.25 04:21 PM

:(Shopping Mall Japan refused to accept my Mastercard so now when it comes to collecting Shiina/Jihen memrobilia i'm screwed:o it seems i'm stuck with my domestic discography and i'll never see the LP's (what i desired most) man it's awful not having access to adult financing options like real Mastercards and fully fledged bank accounts to utilise paypal.. guess i'll be praying on ebay though i kinda know it's not gonna happen:(

Jesse 2008.07.25 07:32 PM

I think I need to be sedated...

Just ordered , Variety (vinyl), Shuraba, Tokyo Incidents Vol.1, STEM, Koko de Kiss Shite., Koufukuron rerelease, Kabukichou no Joou and Kono Yo no Kagiri. (not to mention a whole lot of other artists' stuff).

Oh, and I also grabbed 3 magazines. The Switch with Ringo with the white background and hair cutting and such.. the Switch with Tokyo Jihen on the front... and the Rockin'On Japan with the 10th anniversary thing.

SOMEBODY STOP ME! :unsure:

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.25 07:33 PM

you're doing the right thing..no sedation required:lol:

waxringo 2008.07.25 07:37 PM

AWE
im jealous. anything i have is packed up or lost
and that makes me cry myself to sleep.

p.s.
i love when she spells her name like mine <3

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.25 07:39 PM

i need the Zecchou-suu and now i have no idea from where it'll come:(

Jesse 2008.07.25 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringobingo (Post 32949)
i need the Zecchou-suu and now i have no idea from where it'll come:(

I recently got a used one off Amazon. Apparently "excellent condition".
But... 'excellent' in one persons opinion is obviously different to anothers. The box had a few marks here and there, and was worn at the edges. But then again, I'm super fussy about the state of anything I own. I'm pretty much hoping/waiting for a re-issue, though pretty sure it'll ever happen. For now I shall make do with my copy!

I now have 8 separate orders of different things (not all Ringo.. but mostly) in transit. Hopefully they'll come on days when my parents arn't home and I am so I don't have to explain why I spend so much money on CDs. >_>

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.25 07:48 PM

my copy really needs to be new or at least excellent used condition..
lucky for me i get my orders shipped to my Dad's who couldn't care less instead of my Mum's who would fuss about me 'wasting' my money

cjhobbies00 2008.07.25 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringobingo (Post 32951)
my copy really needs to be new or at least excellent used condition..
lucky for me i get my orders shipped to my Dad's who couldn't care less instead of my Mum's who would fuss about me 'wasting' my money

If there's one release you can skip, it's Zecchou-suu. Especially if it ends up costing you 30+. I'm sure there are other Ringo releases that you can spend your money on.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.25 08:56 PM

i've got everything she domestically released except that one

Tokyo Jihad 2008.07.25 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 (Post 32958)
If there's one release you can skip, it's Zecchou-suu. Especially if it ends up costing you 30+. I'm sure there are other Ringo releases that you can spend your money on.

I assume this is only cuz of the out of print factor. Otherwise ZCS is rediculous to miss

kuro_neko 2008.07.25 09:24 PM

I agree...zecchoshu went from being my least favorite releases to one of my must haves...although if you can't find it you can get 2 of the 3 dics on her new comp. album...but still, the packaging is really nice.

Jesse 2008.07.25 10:20 PM

Yeah... I bought it for the packaging... excellent condition my ass!

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.25 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 32963)
excellent condition my ass!

:lol:.. still surely you'd be annoyed if the outer box was all crushed and torn at the edges ?

Jesse 2008.07.25 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringobingo (Post 32964)
:lol:.. still surely you'd be annoyed if the outer box was all crushed and torn at the edges ?

lol.. thats what I meant? :huh:

I should have better luck with all the other second hand stuff I've got coming (OSCA, Killer Tune, Gunjou Biyori, Sounan, Tsumi to Batsu and Gips)... no cardboard box packaging or anything that should get too damaged! Fingers crossed! (Oh and Just Can't Help It thanks to frecklegirl, which looks to be and I'm sure is in mint condition! XD)

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.25 10:49 PM

what prompted your mad rush to collect it all ? mine was seeing Glath's collection list.

NCORE 2008.07.26 01:18 AM

I've got ten of those folders last week when I decided I should just buy most of her stuff. :P

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.26 01:23 AM

i ended up with 16!!!..they are kinda useless though ?

Jesse 2008.07.26 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringobingo (Post 32966)
what prompted your mad rush to collect it all ? mine was seeing Glath's collection list.

lol... well yeah... plus getting the first press editions of the 10th anniversary stuff made me say "oooh first press!"
Plus I've got a bit more money than usual and I've got my 21st birthday coming up so I'm telling myself I'm buying them for that. :lol:

I'm hoping to get at least 2 of those folders when I get my latest CDJapan order... Baishou and Daikai. Hopefully there was some left when I ordered!

Glathannus 2008.07.26 10:10 AM

So I just received my CD Japan shipment of 10 Shiina Ringo CDs/DVDs, including two copies of the KSK re-release, and...

I didn't get any anniversary folders.
Not a single one.

I pre-ordered months in advance.
Maybe it's a first-come first-serve basis of when the Shiina Ringo CDs/DVDs actually ship out, because mine weren't sent out until a few days ago (I had PE'Z and Sherbets holding it up).

Let this be a warning to any folks who think they can still obtain the folders without a friend or a deputy service.

cjhobbies00 2008.07.26 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 32960)
I assume this is only cuz of the out of print factor. Otherwise ZCS is rediculous to miss

The songs are very hit and miss with me, it's surely better than variety, but out of all of Shiina's solo cds, that's the one I would skip on if I had limited resources.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.26 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus (Post 33043)
Not a single one

wow!! that's brutal Glath! i thought they'd send you tons with all the stuff you ordered.. i guess maybe their quota ran dry ?:(

Jesse 2008.07.26 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus (Post 33043)
Not a single one.

:o

Crap! I only ordered those DVDs from CDJapan for the folders! Mine shipped on the 17th of July. I e-mailed them the day before and they said they were still available. I shall be complaining if I don't get one. :hmph:

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.26 04:15 PM

i ordered another copy of Utaite Myouri & the Daijingo DVD.. i hope i still get some more folders ?

Osiris12345 2008.07.26 07:04 PM

I'm lucky I have a Book Off near my house where I can find all of this stuff. It's relatively cheap to get Shiina Ringo CDs where I live. They are used, of course, but the ones I have are in near mint condition.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.26 07:07 PM

that's handy i guess ? however most of the people here recently are after the limited edition 10th Anniversary folders that seem to have ran out of stock.

TeslaGuy 2008.07.27 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 (Post 33082)
I'm lucky I have a Book Off near my house where I can find all of this stuff. It's relatively cheap to get Shiina Ringo CDs where I live. They are used, of course, but the ones I have are in near mint condition.

The Book*Off here in NYC has recently shifted it's focus from books to CDs and DVDs and the new inventory is HUGE. I bought some near-mint CDs for $3 each yesterday.

NCORE 2008.07.27 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringobingo (Post 33084)
that's handy i guess ? however most of the people here recently are after the limited edition 10th Anniversary folders that seem to have ran out of stock.

Don't we already have plenty of those folders within the community?

and I agree they are rather useless besides being Shiina folders :p

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.27 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCORE (Post 33125)

besides myself & Jonny (i think) i have not seen anyone else claim ownership of them ?
maybe also Jesse but no one else so far it seems.

NCORE 2008.07.27 07:40 AM

You've got sixteen on your own right!? XD

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.27 07:42 AM

i certainly do!! (EDIT: actually i'm at 9 now after giving a few around) i wish all you lot were U.K based so i could send them around:( i gave Whisper a couple but beyond him their are no other U.K members

Mr Sands 2008.07.27 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCORE (Post 33125)

I've got 2.
I put papers in them. Cos that is what they are for.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.27 08:45 AM

i just keep mine in the plastic box with my Shiina/Jihen CD's DVD's

Lena-chan 2008.07.28 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringobingo (Post 33132)
i wish all you lot were U.K based so i could send them around:( i gave Whisper a couple but beyond him their are no other U.K members

then you should wait for my EMF tour to give one to me :hmph:
even if this wait long years and years until I have some money XD

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.28 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena-chan (Post 33273)
then you should wait for my EMF tour to give one to me :hmph:
even if this wait long years and years until I have some money XD

I would not charge you a penny Lena.. I'd give you one for free:)

Lena-chan 2008.07.28 04:45 AM

but the money is for the expensive airplane and hotel (and food)T_T

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.28 04:47 AM

stay at my house and eat my food Lena!! we'll party in the garden with Shiina music blaring til the early hours:lol:

Lena-chan 2008.07.28 05:11 AM

then whispa can come too /o/
and we'll rolling in the green grass and get drunk dancing tsumiki asobi all night long XDDDDDD

Inaudible-Whisper 2008.07.28 05:13 AM

You'd have to come straight past my house to get to Bongo :P Road trip!

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.28 05:14 AM

then we'll convene on Whisper's without warning!!!!!!

Lena-chan 2008.07.28 05:17 AM

ok!
yey /o/
XD
then if bongo is giving the food I'll not just eat but I'll cook to us 3
we will have pancakes a la bolognese *¬*
is my speciality!

NCORE 2008.07.28 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Sands (Post 33138)
I've got 2.
I put papers in them. Cos that is what they are for.

Okay, they're still rather useless to me though :p

cjhobbies00 2008.07.28 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCORE (Post 33314)
Okay, they're still rather useless to me though :p

You have any NCore? I'll be happy to buy them off you.

zarya 2008.07.28 05:22 PM

Whaaa folders?? I didn't get any with my 10th anniversary releases ordered, like Glath, months in advance through CDJapan !
Anyone has a pic of what they look like?
I'm so out of the loop ._.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.28 06:12 PM

@Glath.. would you ever consider selling any of your Ringo items in the future ? primarily these (1 of each)

Mayonaka Wa Junketsu - LP
Kalk Samen Kuri No Hana - LP
Gunjou Biyori/Sounan - LP
Heisei Fuzoku - LP
Variety - LP

and if so what would you charge ??? even if you would not sell i'd still be intrested in your valuation on them:)

cjhobbies00 2008.07.28 06:27 PM

@Bongo.. would you ever consider selling any of your Ringo items in the future ? primarily these (1 of each)

Shiina Ringo 10th anniversary folder

and if so what would you charge ??? even if you would not sell i'd still be intrested in your valuation on them:)

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.28 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 (Post 33383)
@Bongo.. would you ever consider selling any of your Ringo items in the future ? primarily these (1 of each)

Shiina Ringo 10th anniversary folder

you mimicked my post:lol: dunno it's hard to value these kind of things ? when i had 16 i was handing them out like cups of Coke and now i'm down to 7 i'm a little defensive of what's left EDIT: actually 6 i promised Lena one at some point in the future:) hmm tell me what you think their worth as i'm useless on that kinda stuff. it's kinda speculative only though as i have no means of accepting payment from abroad

cjhobbies00 2008.07.28 06:40 PM

I would pay 20 bucks + 4-5 shipping.

Damn you and your blind generosity! Could've easily coaxed one from you if you had 16.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.28 06:44 PM

20 bucks ?? i was thinking more 250.00:lol:

nah but seriously it's just the logistics of you all
i would not charge most of you anything for these!! (ringomaster £500.00)
i paid nothing so i have no right to be paid for it..
they are a bit flimsy and cheap-ish so you are not really missing that much.

cjhobbies00 2008.07.28 06:50 PM

It's okay man, wouldn't want to pressure anyone into parting with such precious merch.

Of course you have a right to be paid for it, it's yours and it's valuable.

Probably are flimsy, but I just love seeing all those covers, so many memories.

Jesse 2008.07.28 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringobingo (Post 33381)
@Glath.. would you ever consider selling any of your Ringo items in the future ? primarily these (1 of each)

Mayonaka Wa Junketsu - LP
Kalk Samen Kuri No Hana - LP
Gunjou Biyori/Sounan - LP
Heisei Fuzoku - LP
Variety - LP

You can still get both of these. I know that wasn't the question, but I guess their actual price is probably as much as anyone should charge for them right now considering they're still available.

HF - ¥3,900 - http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2523109
Variety - ¥2,800 - http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2621443/ref=2523109

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.28 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 33389)
You can still get both of these. I know that wasn't the question, but I guess their actual price is probably as much as anyone should charge for them right now considering they're still available.

HF - ¥3,900 - http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2523109
Variety - ¥2,800 - http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2621443/ref=2523109

HMV are initially cheap but once they get here i always have to pay a customs charge regardless of the item's price and then after that about 2 weeks later i get another request from FedEx for more money.. i'd rather buy them all as one all at the same time

Jesse 2008.07.28 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringobingo (Post 33390)
HMV are initially cheap but once they get here i always have to pay a customs charge regardless of the item's price and then after that about 2 weeks later i get another request from FedEx for more money.. i'd rather buy them all as one all at the same time

Oh I seeee. I'm pretty sure we don't get customs charges here, so yay for me. It must suck!

On another note, I got a new copy of Adult Homme version. last night. Expensive... but so nice! I want that damn perfume!

Glathannus 2008.07.28 07:29 PM

I saw someone selling a complete unopened set of Ringo/Jihen vinyls about a month ago. That would be the only time I've ever seen any grouping of more than two of the vinyls, throughout my two years of searching.

HF was out-of-print for months, then one day the vinyl showed up again. I don't know if the new ones are the exact same as the old ones, and which of them are better if they're unofficially different. All I know is all of my copies are the 'old' ones.

ringobingo,
I'm afraid I can't save you any money from buying all-at-once from me, because I had to do most of my purchases one at a time, and I would have to charge you at least as much as I paid (including all the originally separate shipping), in order for me to not be losing any money. I didn't start pre-ordering vinyls until Adult Video Soundtrack, and I only bought two at the time. Everything else beyond that, you can still get from HMV Japan. Everything before that, I had to get from Yahoo! Japan Auctions, and mostly one at a time. I can't save you any money. I can only save you the massive amount of questing and drama it would take for you to go down the same path I did. I plan to hold onto most/all of these for at least ten years, and it wouldn't be mutually beneficial for me to charge you today, what I expect to be able to get for these before or after ten years, because somebody is losing either way. Plus I don't know how you would pay me even if I were selling already.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.28 07:57 PM

Edit: Folders re-scanned below.:)

cjhobbies00 2008.07.28 08:11 PM

Thx Bongo, nice substitute before I get my hands on my own.

ShinjiPG 2008.07.29 01:12 AM

Thanks a lot ringobingo! <3

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.30 01:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
i cleaned them up now their all *sparkly*

frecklegirl 2008.07.30 12:50 PM

Yeah I know what you mean on customs charges in Europe. I was so shocked when I got two Cdjapan items mailed to me in France and had to pay an expensive-ass customs fee each time!!! what the hell!

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.31 03:52 AM

Glath.. I don't think CDJapan like you:( my Utaite Myouri & Daijingo DVD arrived this morning with another ~4~ folders!! so they clearly still have a stock of them as my order was only a few days ago.. perhaps they are only given to certain Territories or something ? maybe you should contact them and ask why they didn't give you any as you clearly met the requirements with your purchases ? :(

cjhobbies00 2008.07.31 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringobingo (Post 33605)
Glath.. I don't think CDJapan like you:( my Utaite Myouri & Daijingo DVD arrived this morning with another ~4~ folders!! so they clearly still have a stock of them as my order was only a few days ago.. perhaps they are only given to certain Territories or something ? maybe you should contact them and ask why they didn't give you any as you clearly met the requirements with your purchases ? :(

gotta be fu*king kidding me...do you want me to fly to the U.K. and beat you in a jealous rage?
Probably have enough to wallpaper your room.

O, thx for the scans, btw. Probably get some nice HQ paper or cardstock and think of a way to use those pics.

Jesse 2008.07.31 05:10 AM

I think Glath's problem was that he ordered the items before the promotion started. That's what I gather anyway.

I still haven't gotten mine! (I chose the slowest shipping to save money)
Should have them by next week.

Glathannus 2008.07.31 07:53 AM

I emailed CD Japan a few days ago, and got confirmation that the promotion began on June 3rd, and it wasn't retroactive. They will however be including a whopping two folders with my next order of ineligible items, which is better than me going through the drama of several Yahoo! Japan Auction listings, and paying a total of $40 in the end. Would've been great if I could have got ten of the folders, but this is better than nothing.

frecklegirl 2008.07.31 12:46 PM

Yeah, I mean, Cdjapan loves you Glath, they told you that you were one of their most valued customers!

Ringo~Bingo 2008.08.01 01:39 AM

heres where i currently stand with my collecting exploits!! being late to the party means most of my stuff is standard issue :( been collecting now for just over 2 months (i think ?) :)

Shiina's Singles
Koufukuron 8cmCD single
Kabuki-cho no Joou CD single
Koko de Kiss Shite CD single
Honnou CD single
Koufukuron re-release CD single
Gips CD single
Tsumi to Batsu CD single
Mayonaka wa Junketsu CD single
Stem ~Daimyou Asobi Hen~ CD single
Ringo no Uta CD single
Kono Yo No Kagiri CD single

Shiina's DVD's
Seteiki Healing volume 1 DVD
Seteiki Healing volume 2 First Press DVD
Seteiki Healing volume 3 DVD
Gekokujyo Xstasy DVD
Hatsuiku Status Gokiritsu Japon DVD
Hyakuiro Megane DVD
Baisho Ecstasy DVD+CCCD
Electric Mole DVD
Heisei Fuuzoku Daiginjou limited DVD
Dai Ikkai Ringohan Taikai no Moyou DVD
Watashi no Hatsuden DVD First Press

Shiina's Albums
Muzai Moratorium CD album
Shouso Strip CD album
Utaite Myoli ~Vol.1~ CD double
Kalk Samen Kuri No Hana CD album
Heisei Fuuzoku limited CD album
Watashi to Houden limited CD double album

Tokyo Jihen's Albums
Kyouiku CD album
Adult Pour Femme CD album
Variety First Press CD album (I thought they all came in that slip case)

Tokyo Jihen's Singles
Senko Shoujo DVD single
Gunjou Biyori CD single
Sounan CD single
Shuraba CD single
OSCA CD single
Killer Tune CD single

Tokyo Jihen's DVD's
Dynamite in DVD
Dynamite out DVD
Adult Video DVD
Just Can't Help It DVD (not sure if it's a first press ? comes in big card case)

Misc Items
Shiina Ringo 10th Anniversary Folders (x7) (was 10 but got offered good money for three of them on ebay)

also arranging to have some of these by years end (hopefully) and get the rest whenever the chance comes up ?
(probaly more stuff by that time ?) I really want posters and score books!!!
I fixed Paypal so my potential market has increased hopefully giving me better odds with some of this stuff ?

Gips / Tsumi To Batsu Double Tapes Single

Yuuhatsu Orgasm Fan Lottery Video
Adult Pour Homme CD
Gips CD single (the one with the wrist cutting cover)
Rat Magazine (every issue) (I really want these more than anything)
(they were up on SMJ but all I could do was watch & cry)
Baisho Ecstasy VHS
Gekokujyo Xstasy VHS
Seteiki Healing volume 1 VHS (I personally hate VHS! but these come in beautiful boxes)
Seteiki Healing volume 2 VHS
Seteiki Healing volume 3 VHS
Kalk Samen Kuri No Hana First Press CD album
Seteiki Healing volume 1 First Press DVD
Seteiki Healing volume 3 First Press DVD
Electric Mole Limited Edition DVD
Shouso Strip Limited Edition CD album
Mayonaka Wa Junketsu LP
Kalk Samen Kuri No Hana LP
Gunjou Biyori/Sounan LP
Adult Video Soundtrack LP
Heisei Fuzoku LP
Variety LP
Karisome Otome (DEATH JAZZ ver.) CD
Shuraba pre-release CD
Zecchou-Suu CD
Zecchou-Suu Tapes

zarya 2008.08.01 04:26 AM

Wow, for only a couple of months of collecting, that's huge !!!

For the Adult cd, the Pour Homme version was the limited edition, and it came with a DVD. The Pour Femme is the regular edition still being sold.

Glathannus 2008.08.02 03:04 PM

So I just got billed for the shipping on my 14 magazines. From Japan to my house, costs $111 USD. That's after $29 in other fees.

Now some of you might be thinking "OUCH! That's not worth it!", but the thing is, if you try to get individual magazines through a deputy service, you will end up paying a total of at least $25 per magazine, and that's if the magazine auction closes for under 1000yen! If I tried to get 14 magazines, that would come out to be $350 if it were 14 separate auctions. So yeah, a $111 USD shipping charge might seem like ohmygodwhatthefuckWOW, but in the greater scheme of things, it's really not so bad. I'd much rather pay $10 per magazine, than $25. Getting Japanese magazines through eBay, is at least as expensive as Yahoo! Japan Auctions with a deputy service, and the selection is extremely limited.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.08.02 03:09 PM

I think that works out as pretty good value, (£60.00 give or take) especially as you get them all in the one shipment. I'd opt to get them all as one too, because as you said buying seperately would be a fortune and you might lose a few in the transit.

a general query of any Vinyl owners out there!

is it right that you can extract audio from a Vinyl at much higher bitrates than a CD's lossless ? I thought that having my Shiina collection at bitrates between 900/1300 was the current peak! I'd always assumed that Vinyl fans were hyping up their format of choice saying it was richer and so forth ? I assumed it was different rather than superior ? so technically how much if measured in bitrate could be extracted from a Vinyl ?

Glathannus 2008.08.03 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo (Post 33764)
a general query of any Vinyl owners out there!

is it right that you can extract audio from a Vinyl at much higher bitrates than a CD's lossless ? I thought that having my Shiina collection at bitrates between 900/1300 was the current peak! I'd always assumed that Vinyl fans were hyping up their format of choice saying it was richer and so forth ? I assumed it was different rather than superior ? so technically how much if measured in bitrate could be extracted from a Vinyl ?

That has so many factors involved. You can't always say that more bitrate is better quality. Lossless compression rarely/never knows the difference between noise, and legitimate content. So noise adds to the bitrate that lossless thinks it needs, in order to "preserve detail". Plus, different lossless formats will squeeze the exact same content, into more or less bitrate, yet the detail contained within remains the exact same. Apple Lossless is by no means the best format at squeezing the bitrates, while what lossy formats mostly do is chop the bitrates.

The bitrates you get from vinyl, are going to depend on several things, but mainly the samplerate and bitdepth of your vinyl 'rips'. 44.1kHz/16bit PCM/Lossless is CD quality. 96kHz/24bit PCM/Lossless is "High Definition" quality, because it is three times the resolution of CD audio. Three times the resolution, doesn't automatically equate to three times the lossless bitrate, but generally the figures are very close.

Before lossless compression is even involved, not every person's rip of the same vinyl, are equally clean or detailed. A $10,000 turntable is probably going to do a much better job with clean & detailed playback, than a $250 or a $1000 turntable. And what you have to understand, is that however average or great of playback your turntable is doing, is what gets "locked in" to your digital recording off of the vinyl. Some vinyl rips may actually compress to less lossless bitrate than the CD, if a cheap turntable is producing a thinner and flatter sound, or if you didn't adjust the volume level properly.

People who have never listened to all three price ranges, might assume it's all a placebo effect, but in my situation, it took me a few minutes before I realized the music I was listening to in a showroom, was actually coming from vinyl, because I wasn't hearing any of the pops or clacks - it was very clean playback. And of course, let's not forget that two different companies could charge $10,000 for their turntables, but one could sound better than the other, and the better of the two might sound like another company's $15,000 turntable, and/or the inferior of the two might sound like another company's $7,000. You can't completely assume that the more money you throw at a turntable - the better it will sound. But what you can safely assume is that there are much better-sounding turntables in the world, than what exist in the $100-$1000 price range.

So not only does a wide spectrum of quality exist among turntables, but it also exists among digital recording gear. You could have two different soundcards rated at 96kHz/24bit, and one will do a better job at that resolution, than the other. Some recording soundcards even exist for 192kHz, but then it starts to become difficult to say which company is doing a better job of that, than the other. One company might have 0.03% THD (the lower the better), while another company might have 0.003% THD, and charge twice as much. Not only do you want lower THD, but you also want the ±dB of Frequency Response, to be as low as possible. The mentality of audiophilism isn't about "99.99% quality for $1000 is more sane than 99.997% quality for $2000". The mentality of audiophilism is "This $1000 product is 0.01% flawed, and flaws are a serious distraction from the escapism of music, to my trained ears. If another product is 0.003% flawed for $2000, that's a third of the flaws for twice the price, and therefore the $2000 is a 'great' deal".

And then whatever super digital recording you've done off of super vinyl playback, would have to be played only off of a super soundcard, because not all 96kHz/24bit soundcards are equally great at conveying detail from 96kHz/24bit files, and the particular soundcard you used to make the recording, is not necessarily the best soundcard for playing back those files.

So it really isn't so much a question of bitrates. It's more a question of, do you have the best turntable, the best recording soundcard, and the best playback soundcard? Because if you compromise any one of those three, then you've got a weak link in the chain. Did I mention that cables and power conditioning make a difference with that price range of turntable and soundcard? (this can add several thousand more dollars to the setup) Oh, and the absolute last thing you ever want to do, is buy a "USB Turntable". They are an all-in-one consumer convenience tool, inferior at EVERYTHING - needle/arm/motor/soundcard/etc.. They are like the fast food of audio equipment.

The only reason the average person has to do a vinyl rip, is if that vinyl contains unique versions of songs. Anything 'unique' to the Ringo/Jihen vinyls, you can rip off of a one-Ringo-song CD (Baishou Ecstasy bonus CD - or Casshern soundtrack) or off of a PV collection on DVD. Otherwise, the vinyl rip done by Joe Average Idiot, is the exact same tracklist and song versions you can get on CD, with pops and clacks and background hiss they either leave behind, or process through "noise removal", and in so doing - they end up removing a little more from the sound than just the 'noise', so you're damned either way.

The reason an elitist would do a vinyl rip of something they can officially buy on CD, is because they spent at least $15,000 on their setup (not even counting amplifiers/speakers/headphones), and they know all about getting the dynamics to match without normalizing or clipping. In the end, they have digital files that will sound the same during the 1st playback or the 1000th playback, and fall a little bit short of the original vinyl, yet still sound noticably better than a CD rip. The original vinyl will degrade, the more times it is played. The vinyl rip remains consistent, and you have the convenience of being able to queue it on a playlist among other things.

Most people who have expensive turntables, don't even bother trying to 'rip' their vinyls. They just continually replay their original vinyls, with a diamond-tipped needle, because they like that sound better than any digital recording they could get off of it, and that's if they even have all the the necessary digital equipment, and know how to use it! The vinyls themselves, have no bitrates. They are an analog format, and analog is a solid line, while digital is a collection of dots trying to mimic a solid line. The higher the digital resolution, the more concentrated the dots are, and the more convincing the illusion is. Compared to CDs, original vinyls in good condition, playing on a good turntable, will usually sound thicker and smoother, and convey more sensitivity with instruments like the piano - which an audio CD will often 'butcher' in comparison. It's mostly the 16bit of CDs that's the problem - piano in any samplerate of 24bit, will sound much more convincing.

Portable players generally cap at 44.1kHz/16bit lossless, so the vinyl rips from someone who actually knows what they're doing, are basically for home use only. Plus even if portable players 'could' do 96kHz/24bit playback, it's going to get muddied up through the mini-jack and low-class DAC, and basically sound no better than 44.1kHz/16bit on the same player, but still consume at least three times the battery life.

Jesse 2008.08.03 09:10 PM

yay... I got two anniversary folders today. They bent them over to fit inside the box! Sooo not happy! I shall post up my new SR/TJ collection list once I get all my other orders, which mightn't be for a few weeks yet.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.08.04 04:58 AM

Thankyou Glath,
You always give me 5 star respones in just about everything I ask,
I fully appreciate it. If I did the vinyl rip I know of people who can do it "right" I know a few guys who are skilled in that field through my brothers Guitar tutor so I'd ask them to do it for me instead of me sitting with the USB all-in-one setup :lol:

@ Jesse
Don't worry if your folders are bent out of shape! all of mine came like that as well. All you have to do is weigh them down with a heavy book or something overnight and they'll be quite alright.

Jesse 2008.08.04 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo (Post 33849)
@ Jesse
Don't worry if your folders are bent out of shape! all of mine came like that as well. All you have to do is weigh them down with a heavy book or something overnight and they'll be quite alright.

ah ok, coool. Good to know! :D

Jesse 2008.08.05 06:03 PM

Yay first press Tsumi to Batsu, Gunjou Biyori, Killer Tune and OSCA have arrived! All pretty good condition, bar some of the jewel cases, but they can be replaced.

I didn't realise Tsumi to Batsu had the kanji embossed on the cover! Nice!

Jonny 2008.08.06 12:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I realized I have another load of stickers in my drawer. And once again the photo of old-school Jihen (not a sticker... afaik).

It's from 雙六エクスタシー (sugoroku ecstasy), I guess.
The small stickers are transparent, i.e. the eyes in the golden dice are transparent etc. Anyone else got these? Anyone willing to pay money to get them? I think I have doubles of some of these...

Glathannus 2008.08.06 05:10 AM

Those stickers didn't all come from one package. I have around half of those. It's difficult to say what some/all of them are worth. For some reason, folks in Yahoo! Japan Auctions are far more enthusiastic about bidding on DOMESTIC Virgin Line stickers, than for any stickers related Sugoroku Ecstasy or Adult or Kronekodow in general.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.08.06 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 34050)
I realized I have another load of stickers in my drawer. And once again the photo of old-school Jihen (not a sticker... afaik).

It's from 雙六エクスタシー (sugoroku ecstasy), I guess.
The small stickers are transparent, i.e. the eyes in the golden dice are transparent etc. Anyone else got these? Anyone willing to pay money to get them? I think I have doubles of some of these...

if you have Paypal Jonny I can buy them off you next week (the sale is for all the items pictured ?) (if you still have them)! tell me what price would be fair!!

Glathannus 2008.08.06 05:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Chronicles of Highway Robbbery,
Volume 6, Chapter 3:

This started at 400yen...

Attachment 1707
Attachment 1708

and closed for 520yen.
I'm not worried about these potentially being sample copies, because Yahoo! Japan Auction sellers don't push that sort of thing without warning you about the sample status first, unlike sellers all over eBay.

I was mainly after the old copy of Ringo no Uta, but there's no harm in getting the other three CDs as part of the deal.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.08.06 05:29 PM

not a bad haul for £2.50 (excluding post) you did well there Glath!!

cjhobbies00 2008.08.06 05:43 PM

Still gonna come out to around 20+ though. You have to pay the middle man, and shipping too.

Glathannus 2008.08.06 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 (Post 34097)
Still gonna come out to around 20+ though. You have to pay the middle man, and shipping too.

Yup, I took that into account.
The Ringo no Uta re-release alone, will set you back that much if you buy it from any of the major vendors, and it's not even as collectible, because there's no mole on the case or the booklet. All of the re-releases were basically non-copy-protected versions of second-pressings. Even if I end up paying $25 after all the fees kick in (highly probable), I'm still making off like a bandit for the other singles that are worth another $40+, two of which are sold-out first-pressings. Say what you will about how much you disliked the associated album - those two singles on their own are still fairly worthy for the B-Sides that should have been on the album in-place of other songs.

Jesse 2008.08.06 06:24 PM

Wow! That was a good buy Glath! I didn't realise Ringo no Uta had different pressing.... hmmm.... :lol:

Yayyyyyy! frecklegirl's JCHI arrived in the mail today! And Honnou (and a bunch of other stuff) arrived yesterday... I think I've gotten at least one thing in the mail every day this week.

(well on Tuesday I got one DVD... out of 4 that I had ordered from a local website (lol, that sounds funny, "local website"). The package wasn't like it was even supposed to hold 4, it was just a small bubble wrap envelope.. so it wasn't tampered with or anything. They're "investigating" it now. :hmph:)

Ringo~Bingo 2008.08.06 06:27 PM

what's the difference between first press & standard press Ringo No Uta ?

Glathannus 2008.08.06 06:35 PM

On the first-pressing of Ringo no Uta, the jewelcase itself has a small black mole on the clear plastic, so that when you have the mole-less CD booklet inside, the jewelcase's mole is superimposed over the face, exactly where Shiina Ringo's mole used to be. The booklets themselves are exactly the same on both pressings. Second-pressing doesn't have the mole, so you see the 'standard' cover art through the jewelcase.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.08.06 06:40 PM

oh right! that's the version I have!! it has the black mole sticker on the jewel case but not the booklet!!!

Glathannus 2008.08.07 07:35 PM

Someone is using Shopping Mall Japan to pay at least 12000yen for a KSK vinyl, and it's not me. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you, Ringo~Bingo?

Ringo~Bingo 2008.08.07 07:44 PM

AHH.. you found me!! nah seriously it's not me :lol: it would have been if they took my card but no it's not me ;)

OMG!! look closely at the picture and you can see Kameda!! in the reflection :P