Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Polls (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Will she go solo? (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1925)

The Most Curious Thing 2012.03.17 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W3iHong (Post 82455)
Sanmon gossip songs doesn't really have distinct loud or soft parts. It gets really tiring for the ears after a while of listening. Whereas, SS or KZK do have soft parts for the ears to rest for a bit.

But that's the point of Shun following Tsugou no Ii Karada (and to a lesser extent 0 Chiten Kara following Mittei Monogatari).

BlueApple 2012.03.17 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 82452)
More SG pls :wub: 4 lyf

Yes. SG all day err day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by W3iHong (Post 82455)
Sanmon gossip songs doesn't really have distinct loud or soft parts. It gets really tiring for the ears after a while of listening. Whereas, SS or KZK do have soft parts for the ears to rest for a bit.

No. It totally does have that soft and loud. I think the album overall just has this great energy. Rodousha has a bit of a softness and hits it at the end, 0 Chiten Kara is beautifully calming, Shun gives you a break after the rush that is Tsugou no ii Karada, Irokoizata waltzes in after Togatta Teguchi, etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah.

Seriously though, I just love Sanmon Gossip as far as listenability goes. I can just start it up and listen to it all the way through. My only qualm with it is Bonsai Hada WHICH IS A FANTASTIC SONG FOR REAL, but man, it is just so so so intense that I need to pass over it. I could definitely see it as being a strong opener for a Ringo solo tour ala JCHI's "Yukiguni."

thefro 2012.03.17 02:58 PM

Probably later this year or in 2013 she will reemerge with something.

I don't see her taking a huge break.

Scribble R 2012.03.17 04:18 PM

2013 won't just be her 15th anniversary, it'll also be ten years since Stem/KZK/Sugoroku/Ringo no Uta.

W3iHong 2012.03.17 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueApple (Post 82463)
Yes. SG all day err day.

No. It totally does have that soft and loud. I think the album overall just has this great energy. Rodousha has a bit of a softness and hits it at the end, 0 Chiten Kara is beautifully calming, Shun gives you a break after the rush that is Tsugou no ii Karada, Irokoizata waltzes in after Togatta Teguchi, etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah.

Seriously though, I just love Sanmon Gossip as far as listenability goes. I can just start it up and listen to it all the way through. My only qualm with it is Bonsai Hada WHICH IS A FANTASTIC SONG FOR REAL, but man, it is just so so so intense that I need to pass over it. I could definitely see it as being a strong opener for a Ringo solo tour ala JCHI's "Yukiguni."

Then, maybe my equalizer has something to do with it. I shall try it on a different audio equipment.

Kingyohime 2012.03.19 04:25 AM

She's already got one new single out with Carnation. Seems entirely possible that we might see a new album from her before 2012 is out, especially if she decides to pad it out with solo versions of Jihen songs like Onna no Ko (although I hope not; it would feel so lazy :/).

Remember, she's allegedly wanted to call it quits with the band since Sports era. Who knows how much new solo material just waiting for a release she's come up with since then?

Glathannus 2012.03.19 08:24 AM

The only way the Carnation single could really have any impact on how soon a subsequent album would come out, is if Shiina Ringo were going to reuse any of Carnation's B-Side compositions - which I'm really hoping she won't do. I like the songs, but it pisses me off whenever an album devalues a single - or when a single is premeditated to end up worthless.

TurtleFu 2012.03.19 10:40 AM

Ariamaru Tomi had a B-side that didn't end up on the album.

Maou 2012.03.19 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 82524)
Ariamaru Tomi had a B-side that didn't end up on the album.

Ariamaru Tomi itself didn't end up on the album.

I guess that means with the way Shiina likes to recycle songs, an album version of Ariamaru Tomi, Carnation and the Carnation B-sides are all going to end up on her next album.

Tokyo Jihad 2012.03.19 12:56 PM

This thread reminded me of Ariamaru Tomi. That was a kick ass song. I guess the best song she's written since, huh?