Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [SR] 2003.11.25 - Ringo no Uta (CD+DVD) [Single] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=53)

Tokyo Jihad 2011.05.09 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilScherbe (Post 73927)
It's considered as Inoue Uni's work.

Quoted for emphasis.

I cannot believe Innoue Uni continues to work with Tokyo Jihen. SS and KZK are a sound world apart from any thing since (and I mean from a production standpoint here) so much so that I can't believe he (?) has any say in anything Tokyo Jihen does. I can't listen to "Kyogen-sho" and then listen to "Sake to Geko" and willingly accept they share a common producer.

I know nothing about this guy (?) so someone please enlighten me.

* I am assuming wikipedia is correct in saying Uni produces TJ's albums.

deadgrandma 2011.05.09 08:34 PM

Maybe it's intentional that TJ and SR production are different

Tokyo Jihad 2011.05.09 09:15 PM

In all the years EMF has existed, people always bring up "it's intentional" for a number of different things. Of course it's intentional, but it doesn't mean it is always the right call.

deadgrandma 2011.05.09 10:28 PM

Well, just saying, different band, different album, different sound.

Tokyo Jihad 2011.05.10 06:56 AM

Unless you really think TJ songs benefit from flat stale, predictable, production (compared to a range we get with, say, SS) then I don't know what to tell you.

justriiingo 2011.05.10 09:31 PM

It's interesting how the new fans always feel like it's their fiduciary duty to defend the music of Shiina 2.0 and TJ 2.0

Tokyo Jihad 2011.05.10 09:58 PM

As was said in another thread, new fans didn't go through the heart break and ingrain the same expectations as older fans.

TurtleFu 2011.05.11 01:54 PM

New fans think old fans are cynical Debbie downers. Old fans think new fans are naive and unrefined.

Scribble R 2011.05.11 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 74066)
As was said in another thread, new fans didn't go through the heart break and ingrain the same expectations as older fans.

Yes.

Also, between Kameda, Ringo and Inoue do Variety/Sports not have the same ingredients as SS and KZK production-wise? So if there's a problem, it can't be anything but choice, even if it's a bad one.

Maou 2011.05.11 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 74105)
New fans think old fans are cynical Debbie downers. Old fans think new fans are naive and unrefined.

I'd like to see any new fan go anywhere near the depth and detail that old fans have put into their posts. Something more than "Haters gonna hate" or "Well I like it" would be a nice start.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scribble R (Post 74107)
Also, between Kameda, Ringo and Inoue do Variety/Sports not have the same ingredients as SS and KZK production-wise? So if there's a problem, it can't be anything but choice, even if it's a bad one.

Not exactly. The fact that they share ideas and decisions through email instead of in the studio together is a major problem.