Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New Members Thread (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=7)

ShinjiPG 2008.12.24 03:11 AM

Welcome! :D

Ringo~Bingo 2008.12.24 05:30 AM

Yeah, hi Br4d welcome!

Lena-chan 2008.12.26 04:36 AM

best introduction ever
welcome
/o/

Whisle 2008.12.29 05:10 PM

Hello i'm Marco , 22, from Germany and i've been listening to Shiina's music since about 2003. Back then a friend was quoting an anime (Chobits) and some people found it funny - i didn't understand the joke back then, asked him about it and he sent me the scene. There was some music involved in that scene that i liked so he sent me more of the music - my first contact with japanese music so to say. One song he sent me later that day was identity which is, in fact, still one of my favorite songs ever.

In my freetime i mostly play videogames and listen to music. Besides Shiina there is TJ, The Seatbelts, Perfume, Love Psychedelico, Utada, Witches, Yuko Ando and the like. Of course i listen to non-japanese music too - mostly metal, folk rock and indie.

I like to run regularly but recently it's been too cold and i don't have the cloths to run in the winter. I don't go out that often - i'm a pretty shy person.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.12.29 05:12 PM

Welcome to the forum Marco.:)

frecklegirl 2008.12.29 07:24 PM

Haha, from Chobits to Ringo is quite a stretch! At first I thought you were going to say you heard Ringo in a Chobits episode and I was about to scratch my head because I certainly didn't remember that! hahaha.

riskyfish 2008.12.30 05:43 PM

I guess I should say something. (I'm not sure what.)

I've listened to Ringo-hime for a good while; I recall really getting into her music around the time TJ started up/Kyouiku was released. I always liked how (for lack of a better word) spunky she was at first ("Honnou" was the first song I heard of hers), but then I came to the realization that her music was so great because of how varied and original it was.

In truth I'm rather boring, and I feel even worse as a total "n00b." I like to draw and write, listen to music and surf the Internet. I also tend to be very picky about spelling and grammar on the web, I guess... so my posts and ramblings get a little long and uninteresting.

However, I'll do my best to be a helpful, productive and friendly member of the forum. Good day to you all. :3

Inaudible-Whisper 2008.12.30 06:47 PM

Welcome Whisle and riskyfish! :)

fluffiethesock 2008.12.30 07:23 PM

Hey kids, welcome to the forum!

ecogazoo 2009.02.20 04:26 PM

Hi EMF, I have been lurking here for a couple of months, taking in the info & opinions. I first heard of SR in early 2007, but started to really "get it" in November 2008. I'm still in the process of swallowing her whole catalog. Yum! :D

SR is the first artist in the Internet Age who has compelled me to buy the retail product. I already have everything (that I know of) Ringo on file, and most of the audio is lossless...but I still feel the need to have the original Japanese product. I have an immediate question about one product...Shoujo Robot...and I will ask it in the appropriate thread.

My hat is off to EMF as a very good resource, and also to Frecklegirl whose lyric site is really helpful & entertaining.