Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shéna or Shiina? (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=168)

kuro_neko 2007.06.13 10:09 AM

I have always just spelt it Shiina regardless of what she chooses for a particular week. I feel like she flits around on the issue, she has had Shena, Sheena, Shina, Shiina and then Shena with the dialectal over the e.

In terms of her name, in Japanese it is spelled with the character for shi-i-na so I have always preferred that spelling.

As for romaji, I have never really seen much because before I could read kanji I always just encoded it in Japanese and played music based on sight recognition, seeing them over and over you recognize which is what, etc. I praise Ringo for writing a good deal of lyrics in English but continuing to use Japanese for song titles. A lot of artists use English for song titles and then Japanese for the lyric.

I also thank Ringo for teaching me the kanji compound for semen. That one comes in handy a lot, oh yeah.

badtzmaru 2007.06.13 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justriiingo (Post 8970)
Shiina Ringo is from SS... I think.

Hmm, I just checked the album but couldn't find any romanizations of her name. @_@ Or, did you mean the SS era? I'm getting my Gibusu and Tsumi to Batsu CDs in a week hopefully, so I'll check then!! XDXDXDDD

Quote:

Originally Posted by das_blibber (Post 9103)
please, can someone tell me on which albums/singles she called herself Ringö?
i always wonder, how it would sound, if Ringö would pronounce it :blink:
it sounds sweet and a little weird, if pronounced by a german.

thanks in advance

She does it in the Konoyo no Kagiri and Zecchoushuu singles. I think she uses that romanization the most, but I can't think of anywhere else right now. @_@

I think Jonny (or someone) told us how to pronounce it at RJ, but I forgot. >_<;; How does it really sound again?? @_@

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuro_neko (Post 9112)
As for romaji, I have never really seen much because before I could read kanji I always just encoded it in Japanese and played music based on sight recognition, seeing them over and over you recognize which is what, etc. I praise Ringo for writing a good deal of lyrics in English but continuing to use Japanese for song titles. A lot of artists use English for song titles and then Japanese for the lyric.

That's the way I do it too, so I can't remember how to spell/romanize most of her songs. But, I think I can recognize all of her songs now (but because of the tracklist order, not because I can read the kanji. >_<) I also don't know any other artist who titles their all English songs in Japanese. :D Wahh, Ringo's so cool!! >_<

das_blibber 2007.06.13 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badtzmaru (Post 9132)
She does it in the Konoyo no Kagiri and Zecchoushuu singles. I think she uses that romanization the most, but I can't think of anywhere else right now. @_@

I think Jonny (or someone) told us how to pronounce it at RJ, but I forgot. >_<;; How does it really sound again?? @_@

thank you
Zecchoushuu FTW hehehe

the ö is really difficult to explain (for me) :whacko:.
so i better leave the explanations to the experts:
http://www.utils.ex.ac.uk/german/pronounce/pronooe.html
(they even have little example-voicesamples and a very extensive main-page)
i hope this will help :)

Nimh 2007.06.13 05:38 PM

She uses the umlaut on Electric Mole and Gekokujyo Xstasy.

madpawn 2007.06.14 08:59 AM

Shéna Ringö is technically pronounced "shay-nuh rin-geuh." I don't like it.

badtzmaru 2007.06.14 01:13 PM

Ahh, that does sound weird, especially the shena part. o_o Thanks, Madpawn!!

frecklegirl 2007.06.24 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madpawn (Post 9250)
Shéna Ringö is technically pronounced "shay-nuh rin-geuh." I don't like it.

How do you know?

Tokyo Jihad 2007.06.24 04:23 PM

well, i know the "sheyna" part is how youd pronounce it.

MBF 2007.06.27 10:15 AM

and the ringeauh-part is quite right, too ^^

madpawn 2007.06.30 01:56 PM

Well there you go. :D
Seriously, though, when you use the é symbol in English it's "ay", and the ö symbol is the German "euh" (vaguely). They're inappropriate.